Friend got arrested and had to pay a fine of 5000 THB

Umm think your over thinking it. In reality a tm30 would not be required for travel within los. Even returning from trip outside los in many imm offices they are not interested in tm30. The tm28 is different. If you are changing where you live then you will need a tm28 and 30. 
As for last part of your post. "Reasons for arrest"
Arrest for what? Arrest by who. 
In reality my immigration asked for a TM 30 for every movement I make in Thailand. Before that they never bothered. Times are changing

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

34 minutes ago, the guest said:

It seems no foreigner is safe in Thailand. One great big jail without the obvious fencing around.

I'm sure Vietnam and Cambodia are cashing in on Thailand's attitude towards foreigners.

Honestly, they are the same shit in green and run by even worse people.

Thailand was the sane one from these, but it's going downhill. 

Taiwan, hk, singapore, korea, japan i could live but meh not interested into downgrading in laos and co just to safe some bucks. 

11 hours ago, AlexRich said:

They are doing a very good job of driving foreigners out of the country. When I visit Thailand, on my return home I usually book a room at the airport the night before flying, do I need to report that to immigration?

if the answer is yes I’ll give Thailand a miss in the future.

The hotel should do the reporting for you when you check in.

Most hotels in the touristy areas I visit do so, I assume.

The only ones which haven't are small resorts out in Ubon who looked a

little confused when I offered my passport!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

i'm trying to get this done while in china (girlfriend with), prepare for return next month.  our bangkok apartment is an older 16-floor highrise, multiple owners.  our landlord owns a block of rooms on various floors.

there is a management office downstairs, mostly handles utilities and mail sorting.

her friend in same building (same landlord) will also need to start getting these forms done.  will get the friend to see if management office knows what to do.  i expect not, but they may be able to fill out the forms for us if we can explain what is needed.

It,s either the blue book or the title deeds, chanote,.

And owners document,

and an email where they will send the username and password

I don't understand but it's mean, if I travelling in Thailand I have to visit immigration everytime when I change hotel and city? Really??? So if today I'm in Udon Thani one night and tomorrow I will be in Khon Kaen one night, I should go to immigrations in Udon Thani and Khon Kaen? Just for report my adress? I just bet that I don't stay in "official" hotels.  Im just on visa exemption now... 

Sounds really crazy. And no information about that at embassies websites or goverment. 

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You are confusing a change of address report using a TM28 form and a TM30 report. 

As I wrote the TM30 report can be done on online.

Any link available, Ubonjoe??

4 hours ago, bigginhill said:

It,s either the blue book or the title deeds, chanote,.

And owners document,

and an email where they will send the username and password

The registration form requires a specific number which is found in the blue book and is not on the title deeds as far as I can see. I tried to complete the form but could not as I have never bothered to have a blue book but have the deeds.

2 hours ago, DannyP said:

I don't understand but it's mean, if I travelling in Thailand I have to visit immigration everytime when I change hotel and city? Really???

Legally, yes. You would file a TM28, the Housemaster (hotel operator, for example) where you're staying would file a TM30. 

Relevant Immigration Act sections pursuant to TM28 (domestic movements) and TM30 (Housemaster reporting)

Section 37 : An alien having received a temporary entry permit into the Kingdom must comply with the
following :
1. Shall not engage in the occupation or temporary or employment unless authorized by the
Director General. or competent official deputized by the Director General . If , in any case , there is a law
concerning alien employment provided hereafter , the granting of work privileges must comply with the
law concerned.
2. Shall stay at the place as indicated to the competent official. Where there is proper reason
that he cannot stay at the place as indicated to the competent official, he shall notify the competent official
of the change in residence , within 24 hours from the time of removing to said place.
3. Shall notify the police official of the local police station where such alien resides, within twenty
– four hours from the time of arrival. In the case of change in residence in which new residence is not
located the same area with the former police stations , such alien must notify the police official of the
police station for that area within twenty – four hours from the time of arrival.
4. If the alien travels to any province and will stay there longer than twenty – four hours , such
alien must notify the police official of the police station for that area within forty – eight hours from the time
of arrival.
5. If the alien stays in the Kingdom longer than ninety days, such alien must notify the
competent official at the Immigration Division , in writing , concerning his place of stay , as soon as
possible upon expiration of ninety days. The alien is required to do so every ninety days. Where there is
an Immigration Office , the alien may notify a competent Immigration Official of that office.
The provision of ( 3 ) and ( 4 ) shall not apply to any cases under Section 34 by any conditions as
prescribed by the Director General.
In making notification under this Section , the alien may make notification in person or send a
letter of notification to the competent official , in accordance with the regulations prescribed by the
Director General .

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager
where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the
competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or
hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned. If there is no Immigration Office
located in that area , the local police official for that area must be notified.
In case the house , dwelling place , or hotel where the alien has stayed under provision of Para.1
is located within the Bangkok area , such notification must be reported to the competent official at the
Immigration Division.
Making notification , in reference to the Para 1 and 2 of this Section , must comply with
regulations prescribed by the Director General.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AlexRich said:

They are doing a very good job of driving foreigners out of the country. When I visit Thailand, on my return home I usually book a room at the airport the night before flying, do I need to report that to immigration?

if the answer is yes I’ll give Thailand a miss in the future.

No the hotel will report that instance. Since your next destination is outside Thailand no need to report anything. These police raids are usually money making exercises, lots of intimidation. It is corrupt and indicative of the way things are going. 

• Like 2

The registration form requires a specific number which is found in the blue book and is not on the title deeds as far as I can see. I tried to complete the form but could not as I have never bothered to have a blue book but have the deeds.
They refused to register me at CW too without copies of bluebook which are impossible for me to get.
Can confirm.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was going to be proactive on this issue and attempt to register. Now my feeling is to hell with it. It will be what it will be.

If ultimately they dont want me then so be it.

i don't care if they want to charge a fee.

beats having to pay the 800 baht fine after standing in line for two hours after spending three hours to get to CW....before being sent home for not having (insert random demand here).
You could always do it by mail.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

12 hours ago, Toany said:

It might be an easier option. Perhaps immigration to offer it as an option?

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Actually, just give them the password to your Google account and keep the GPS on. 

I noticed that Google tracks every move you make.

Maybe that's why they wanted us to give them our email and social media account IDs.

Edited by petedk

17 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Same Same for Me Mate.......Haven't reported to IO For Years Now.....I'm on a Non-Imm " O " Multi Visa & Exit the country as I Should Every 90 Days,Also been To that WORLD Famous Family resort a few times ( But With The Wife in Tow ) & Just back Home.....Mind You I Do have A Yellow Book !!! LOL !!

IO in Pathum Thani could care less as long as you do the 90 in the window.  

I have lived here 9 years with no issues and i like to take vacations in the area a weekend here and there.  Never reported any changes just when I moved houses and changed landlords.

5 minutes ago, petedk said:

Actually, just give them the password to your Google account and keep the GPS on. 

I noticed that Google tracks every move you make.

Maybe that's why they wanted us to give them our email and social media account IDs.

I suspect only Five-Eyes have access to that information.  Google received seed-funding from a CIA front, so would make sense. 

More likely your phone would be the tracker within Thailand, as it is constantly connecting to towers, allowing fairly accurate triangulation.  Why not just say we have to have our phones with us at all times instead of this reporting stuff?  Works for me. 

But I always forget when thinking about these things from a logical perspective - it's about hassling / extorting / fining us, to drive us away or collect tribute - not some actual "problem" being addressed.

Edited by JackThompson

18 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I have lived in this house for 5 years or more, I have been to many places within Thailand during that period and have also been to Singapore and back by train through Malaysia and have never ever reported back to immigration on my return to my registered address, never been a problem when renewing my extension or 90 day reporting.

I've lived here for almost 20 years and until recently (learned on this forum) I didn't even know what a TM30 was.  I've certainly never filled one in and have traveled around Thailand, Laos, Malaysia and even been to the UK for a visit.  I guess when returning from abroad, the address on your landing card is filed. 

• Like 2

Just now, HHTel said:

I've lived here for almost 20 years and until recently (learned on this forum) I didn't even know what a TM30 was.  I've certainly never filled one in and have traveled around Thailand, Laos, Malaysia and even been to the UK for a visit.  I guess when returning from abroad, the address on your landing card is filed. 

It is filed (TM-6 is the landing-card), but does not satisfy the TM-30 requirement.  Bring a little extra money with for your next extension, in case they hit you with a fine.  Some offices do - some may not - but the net is expanding.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HHTel said:

Same here. Actually, I still don't know what it is. I am going to look it up now.

• Like 1