Friend got arrested and had to pay a fine of 5000 THB

13 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

If you have the landlords details and copy of blue book, you could register on his/her behalf. You get a username and password, log in and report yourself.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

dont even need that, i was able to register on my own with just the address and i am renting a house and have the login/password

Edited by phuketrichard

10 minutes ago, HHTel said:

I've lived here for almost 20 years and until recently (learned on this forum) I didn't even know what a TM30 was.

Since ~ 1979 up until a few years ago, after the Erawan Bombing, the TM30 was used by hotels, guest-houses, etc. as a means to track/locate (document an address which may have changed from the TM6) "tourists".

Up until a few years ago those on temporary stays of longer duration (1 year, 90 days, extensions, visas, et al) were tracked via the TM6, TM47, TM7 and TM8 where applicable. And that was apparently sufficient. Then, as a of a couple of years ago, the TM30 "process" was expanded to include everyone and being reported by Thais is a sort of check/balance on the other address documentation schemes. "See a Foreigner, Report a Foreigner".

I think it's safe to say that most of us were unfamiliar with this requirement until the last few months. "Enforcement" at Div. 1/CW really only started in earnest ~ 24 April 2019 with the construction of the B counter, and attendant 800 baht tip jar.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 2

I guess i have a dilemma.

We have some thai friends that have houses and condos all over the country and sometimes we are invited to parties or dinners with them. 

Their driver picks us (and sometimes others) up after work and drives us to Pattaya, Khao yai, Hua Hin or wherever. We arrive, eat and sleep. Next morning we are driven home around lunchtime. 

That really leaves no time for registering.

I have flown to Chiang Mai, been picked up at the airport and driven straight out into the country late at night. Stayed 2 nights where there is nothing to do but relax and then taken to the airport and returned to Bangkok.

Give me a microchip under my skin or a bracelet around my ankle.

4 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

dont even need that, i was able to register on my own with just the address and i am renting a house and have the login/password

How did you do that (sincerely), the form will not process without the house number

• Like 1

1 minute ago, petedk said:

We have some thai friends that have houses and condos all over the country and sometimes we are invited to parties or dinners with them. 

Their driver picks us (and sometimes others) up after work and drives us to Pattaya, Khao yai, Hua Hin or wherever. We arrive, eat and sleep. Next morning we are driven home around lunchtime. 

I have flown to Chiang Mai, been picked up at the airport and driven straight out into the country late at night. Stayed 2 nights where there is nothing to do but relax and then taken to the airport and returned to Bangkok.

I wouldn't fret this hiso lifestyle.

Can't really see a need to file a TM30, unless your Thai "friends" are reporting you via a TM30. In which case, you may be required to reset your address via a TM30 before experiencing the Immigration encounter (ext stay renewal, for example).

1 minute ago, phuketrichard said:

dont even need that, i was able to register on my home with just the address and i am renting a house and have the login/password

Thats interesting, so you didn't enter the property number from the blue book or send a scan of the blue book when requested ?

That makes it a free for all, anyone can register.

4 minutes ago, petedk said:

Your host would report you on the trips for the night you spend there.

You would report yourself upon returning, unless staying at a hotel/guesthouse.

But if your hosts are not reporting you, immigration would not have a record of your ever leaving your residence, given travel is in-country (no passport stamps).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

How did you do that (sincerely), the form will not process without the house number

Yes, I thought the same, however the house number isnt a red asterix (required field). Scanning the blue book is a *required information.

Yes, I thought the same, however the house number isnt a red asterix (required field). Scanning the blue book is a *required information.
It seems to be changing every day. I registered two days ago and it was a required field.

In Thailand goal posts have wheels

16 minutes ago, HHTel said:

I've lived here for almost 20 years and until recently (learned on this forum) I didn't even know what a TM30 was.  I've certainly never filled one in and have traveled around Thailand, Laos, Malaysia and even been to the UK for a visit.  I guess when returning from abroad, the address on your landing card is filed. 

Me too, never seen a TM30 form, nor been asked for one. I travel out of the province a couple of times a month and out of the country perhaps a few times a year. I'm tempted to ignore the whole thing until someone officially informs me about it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Toany said:

It seems to be changing every day. I registered two days ago and it was a required field.

Oddly enough, the name of the property is a required field but the house ID isnt. (as you say, currently)

image.png.919e57bcc14185a58ba27a3a58bef3a3.png

Just now, lamyai3 said:

Me too, never seen a TM30 form, nor been asked for one. I travel out of the province a couple of times a month and out of the country perhaps a few times a year. I'm tempted to ignore the whole thing until someone officially informs me about it.

Your immigration office doesn't ask for it when doing an extension ? Thats usually when it comes up.

1 minute ago, Sunmaster said:

If 5000baht is the price to pay for not bothering with this nonsense, I'll happily oblige. Never reported. Never will.

In some offices that could be a fine at every 90 day report, at every extension, at every resident certificate and (as per the OP) a fine at random immigration checks.

• Like 1

I'll start to worry about it when I get the first fine. 
But, they can also ask for the owner to turn up in person to file the TM30. My immigration office asked owner to travel 200 Km to file it

• Like 1

But, they can also ask for the owner to turn up in person to file the TM30. My immigration office asked owner to travel 200 Km to file it

They do realize that approx half of the condos here are owned by foreigners? [emoji848]

They live in a fantasy land.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

They do realize that approx half of the condos here are owned by foreigners? [emoji848]

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

The Immigration Officer seems to be able to do whatever they want.
You have no idea of what they will want until you turn up at immigration.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is within 24 hours of arrival at your residence not arrival in the country. They are wrong if they are telling you it is from your arrival in the country.

I am on the extension of stay and have had a yellow book for a few years now and been at this address for a dozen years.

If I go, for example, to Koh Chang, and stay at a resort there. I would reasonably expect the resort to inform immigration as to my stay. The same will apply in August, I will leave the country for a couple of weeks and I will stay in an airport hotel. I expect to do nothing, apart from checking in.

I don't expect and never have filled in TM28 OR TM30 forms.

My son recently went home after visiting me here on a 30-day visa waiver on entry as he is a UK national. Whilst here, they stayed in Kalasin, Chiang Mai, and Krabi as well as finishing in Bangkok. Surely, it is the hotels' responsibility to inform immigration of their checking in, not the tourists' responsibility?

This thread is confusing!

• Like 1

My Immigration Office on my last last arrival told me I only need a new TM30 when I return from abroad, not from another province. This is not a huge issue as I pass the office on the way home from the airport and as I still have a ways to go to get home, I stay one night in a Kanchanaburi hotel and pop in to do a TM30 before heading home in the morning, so within the 24 hours.

However the last time they told me I should bring the landlord, my brother in law, and I anticipate the possibility of at a later date even if I stay on holiday somewhere within Thailand, I may be asked to refile. Its a 320km round round trip for me to the office from home so I am going to have a go at setting up the online access. I already use the 90 day reports with no issues.

2 initial questions.

1) 1573889754_Screenshot2019-05-2910_27_32.png.c6a04a06be75a4f257b6aa91940ef151.png

Is this for the actual owner, ie the foreigner box is for foreign owned condos etc?

2) 387269473_Screenshot2019-05-2910_30_17.png.e99718b95e9acc206a67c2a00225afbd.png

What is the accommodation name? It's just a private house, not a hotel or condo, and it has a required field so what should I put here?

I can get all the other info easily, my brother in law is computer literate (but has zero English!) so I should manage to register ok. I will use my own email, not his.

I assume once I have the login details, the update screens are very easy to complete?

Should work!

9 minutes ago, Saltire said:

2 initial questions.

A lot of these questions have been addressed in this thread...

1. believe your BiL is a Thai? So use that selection. Assumes supporting docs (channote, blue book) are in his name)?

2. House, or Private House seems to work for others. A red asterisk is a mandatory/required field.

Edited by mtls2005

4 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

A lot of these questions have been addressed in this thread...

1. believe your BiL is a Thai? So use that selection. Assumes supporting docs (channote, blue book) are in his name)?

2. House, or Private House seems to work for others. A red asterisk is a mandatory/required field.

Thanks, I will give it a go.

20 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I report to immigration in Jomtien, I have done for the last 8 years of living here, I did my 90 days last month and report again in August, I have the piece of paper in my passport that says I need to report my address again on such & such a date in August, how am I going to be arrested ??

You report every 90 days as required, no problem you will have. Some just like OP friend who did not report his permanent address will be in trouble since immigration had the last report of him by a hotel in a different province. Traveling is not a problem as long as you already reported where you actually live (permanent address) by 90 day report. 

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Did he get receipt for the fine. I think not.

The 5,000 baht is the maximum fine is for not reporting a change of address or staying in another province for more than 24 hours (TM28 form). That report cannot be done online.

The max fine for an individual not doing a TM30 report is 2000 baht. It is possible to do online after registering for the reporting.

But if you take a TM28 to a police station and attempt to submit it, they will dumbly stare at you like you're from another planet.  All this could be simplified by implementing a web portal for submitting changes of address, but then it would be more difficult to shake down foreigners as more foreigners would comply to the letter of the law.  Catch-22. 

Edited by connda
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ThomasThBKK said:
1 hour ago, Toany said:

They do realize that approx half of the condos here are owned by foreigners? emoji848.png

And many Thai-owned condos are owned by Thais who don't live where the condo is.  Hence the rule is all the more "clever" - because many more will need to use agents for any immigration-related activity henceforth, since TM30s don't apply to agent-applications. 

Just add this bit to the list of ways they encourage this. 

17 hours ago, djayz said:

I'm starting to feel more and more like a Jew in Germany in the 1930s and 1940s... 

And we don't even need a 'Star' pinned to our chests.  One look at us says, "Farang."  

• Haha 1