BMW Chiang Rai

Isan Farang

Just checking on any feed back regarding the workshop service provided @ BMW, I am considering moving my E90 from Ubon and base it in CR.

I perform some of the work myself as the warranty is expired, but also have some jobs done by the main dealer.

We recently heard they are closing the sales office at Central Mall but they will continue to have a monthly checkup service at the carwash place next to the Mall.  We missed our opportunity to use that service this month so will be driving to Chiang Mai soon.  It is not a bad drive if one doesn't have to do it too often.

I am somewhat lost regarding this outlet next to the carwash. I have never observed any vehicle that requires a monthly check at a service center.

Is this center approved by BMW, and what work do they carry out.

BMW Chiang Mai sends over a crew once each month as a service to people who live in Chiang Rai.  You need to make an appointment but they cannot do everything.  It is mainly oil and filter changes and the like.

Since you normally take your key into the sales office at the mall to be read for required maintenance, I am not sure how they will know what to bring with them in the future.

Thanks for the info, now I understand the set up.

Regarding the service history, if you called the workshop in CM and gave them the VN they have all the information on their computer from new. Also the on board screen will alert you for basic service stuff.

Archived