Rain, rain and more rain...

Isaanben

I live in Kalasin (about 25 km/15 miles east of town) since 10 years and I have never experienced such a rainy May like this before. During the last 3 weeks only 3 or 4 days without rainfall. I  know it's the rainy season now but this is not normal. How is it in other parts in Isaan?

Near Kumphawapi been raining almost every other day... knocked down a big tree across the two lane... but have no fear if one car 

can get past the top of tree without going In the ditch we all can

and we did....

unfortunately with rain the power out... many many many times 

during rainy season

It is raining ... but not enough. Sakon Nakhon ... Na Kae, it rained nearly every day, but only about 10% of the farmers could plant rice yet (I left 3 days ago back to Germany).

I have a friend who has a weather station in Korat and he has VERY detailed reports on weather in Thailand and not just in Issan. Go to the website and click on the tab "TMD Summaries and Seasonal Forecaststab. Then go to the "2019 TMD Reports for Thailand in pdf format" section and click on the month you want to see. The May 2019 report is not up yet but should be up shortly. There are many, many reports going back a number of years in case you want to look back.

http://joelandchoom.net/weather.html

46 minutes ago, steven100 said:

still nothing .... ?

Jack Shyt. This year is looking to be the worst on record for the area.???? We are putting in  a 50x50x10 meter pound with the assistance of the highway 214 upgrade. The water table in our area is only at a 4 meter depth.  The photo was taken May 28 at that time we did receive some minimal rain but nothing since. Most the water you see is from the ground water table. I can go as little as 10 km north and they get rain, not enough but they get some.

image.png.1ecb401090fee69a9a711f46a0cddfb1.png

11 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

This year is looking to be the worst on record for the area.

lets hope you get some substantial falls soon. still drizzling here ... I would guess we got around 6-10mm since yesterday, not big but worthy. 

Archived