Taxi driver returns Bt360,000 in cash to Swiss businessman

snoop1130

Taxi driver returns Bt360,000 in cash to Swiss businessman

By The Nation

c5815abe7178bde9c462afb2616848d2.jpeg

A taxi driver from Si Sa Ket on Tuesday returned a handbag containing some Bt360,000 in banknotes to a Swiss businessman at a ceremony held at FM91 radio station in Bangkok.

Sarawut Boonsattha, 39, officially handed over the bag to Alain Raymond R Bordier, 75, at an event witnessed by Jaiton Sriwangpol, an executive of the station.

Last Wednesday, after finding that the bag had been left by a passenger on the back seat of his cab, Sarawut went to the radio station to seek help in tracing the owner. 

The bag was found to contain Bt282,672 in baht and 2,400 Swiss francs, or about Bt76,000. The bag also contained a Bangkok Bank savings book, with the name of Bordier.

Sarawut said he had driven a foreigner from Soi Sukhumvit 13 to the Suvarnabhumi rail link station and, after later spotting the bag in his cab, decided to drive to FM91 radio station to seek help.

Bordier said he at first thought he had left the bag in his room, so he called his Thai wife to check, but she was unable to not find it. 

Fortunately, the radio station later contacted him to tell him that his bag and its contents had been found.

The Swiss, who gave Bt20,000 to Sarawat as a reward, said he was lucky that his bag had wound up being found by a good, honest man.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30370159

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-05-28

cer·e·mo·ny
/ˈserəˌmōnē/
noun

1. 1.
    a formal religious or public occasion, typically one celebrating a particular event or anniversary.
    "the winners were presented with their prizes at a special ceremony"

????

3 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

I recall members here calling all Isaan people dishonest, lazy and stupid.

Isn't that the best example that these people are honest guys? 

Oh absolutely. Now that one was nine and honest, it automatically made the rest 20 or so million just as nice and honest ????

About bloomin' time!!

I have been waiting so long for a good ole "Honest Taxi Driver" story.

Crikey, I have so missed them.

Can we have one of these every Sunday morning  along with Rooster's "Week That Was"?

PAU

These taxi driver stories are great but the countless other upright and honest people of Thailand need to be recognized as well. Maybe a few stories like.…

Honest General returns 3.75 billion Baht to taxpayers when the bill for the army’s new tanks was less than expected.

The opportunities to enhance amazing Thailand’s amazing image are endless…

11 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

Stupid foreigners willing to be part of the cash and carry culture here...

No reason to carry large amounts of money with you given today’s banking world....

well, not necessarily true in Thailand where many laborers want cash on the barrel.  Most don't use checks.  Many don't have bank accounts or have liens on their accounts and don't want deposits going in

11 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

Have I missed a robbery/rape/assault/murder by a taxi driver?

Or are the Press just being proactive?

I think this one is to deflect the Phuket black water.... but you're on the right track.

11 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

I think I will try this the next time I get into a taxi leave 300,000 on the back seat and the driver will find 600,000 to give me back as our trust improves now don't let me down cabbies???? 

Leave the money with a bar girl

Maybe the chance of getting it back is the slim to none but she will remember you as hunsum man

2 hours ago, jaiyen said:

I only hear this happening in Thailand ! Never hear this kind of story from any other countries news reports. Wonder why ? 

because no other taxi drivers are honest silly  !   only in Thailand.

Archived