Tuk-tuk ripoff! Thank you ladies that will be 500 baht - EACH!

webfact

10 hours ago, webfact said:

there are no regulations about what they can charge and no set fares

Welcome to Thailand where thieving from you is ok. Manipulated baht means it costs more to come here and you are fair game to be ripped off. Thieving from tourists is good. Some Thais think that's what should happen. Bt150 or less in a taxi. Three of them. That's Bt50 each not 500. Tourism 12% of GDP? I don't think so. The Chinese are staying at Chinese owned condos going to Chinese owned shops, on Chinese tours and even that's gone down. This countries going to shit with a megalomanic general at the helm, elected after a farce of an election (rant, rant, rant) don't come here. Beaches are polluted, air's polluted, it's expensive (rant, rant, rant) don't do it. This countries on the verge of collapse.

2 minutes ago, mike787 said:

Thais will screw you in the end no matter what.

Been here 15yrs not happened yet???? when i came here first time on holiday untanned wearing western tailored shirts yes..... And couldn't speak thai?

10 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

the 3 ladies didn't take time to read ( should have read ) about public annoyances before heading to thailand. i feel sorry for them, yet there is nobody else to blame but themselves

I would call it learning money... Next....

Breaking News.......BKK Tuk Tuk driver returns tourists bag containing 750,000 Baht, passport and rolex watch. Somchai Robyou contacted Radio 101FM who located the lucky tourist to return his belongings, French National said he is so pleased Tuk Tuk drivers are so honest

19 hours ago, Graviton said:

Been here 15yrs not happened yet???? when i came here first time on holiday untanned wearing western tailored shirts yes..... And couldn't speak thai?

Was the girls fault as they're tourists and looked like tourists...thats OK then

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 3:34 AM, Matzzon said:

When you're a newbie here it's easy to fall into the trap of thinking the country is the same as yours.

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 3:34 AM, Matzzon said:

If beeing a newbie for you means the persons that do not have about 6K posts on Thai Visa Forum, then it´s very sad.

Many of the persons that register on this forum have been here for many years already, and we do not think Thailand is like our home country.

Are you sure the poster isn't referring to "When you're a newbie here" as being a newbie in Thailand? That's how I read it. Or did you jump the gun and think he/she was referring to a "newbie" on ThaiVisa?

I've enjoyed many dozens of rides in Tuk Tuks, Red, Blue and taxis and never had a bad experience or been ripped off (but one harrowing, white knuckled trip in a mini van). But then I was in the company of a very travel-experienced Thai gal who knew the ropes.

Archived