Problem with video in ThaiVisa

Chainsaw

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have not had any problem opening them.

Perhaps a problem with your browser settings.

Can't see anything in my browser setting that would cause the problem. Videos from other sources play ok.

3 hours ago, Chainsaw said:

Can't see anything in my browser setting that would cause the problem. Videos from other sources play ok.

Are you sure you're clicking on the right vdo? E.g. in the Phuket news, the robbery story has a video on top and one below the story. The one below the story is the right one, the first one is just a picture with the video symbol embedded.

Are you using an adblocker

i use scriptblock to block adds  and to watch some videos i have to temporarily allow thaivisa same as to post i have to temoraily allow

15 hours ago, poohy said:

Are you using an adblocker

i use scriptblock to block adds  and to watch some videos i have to temporarily allow thaivisa same as to post i have to temoraily allow

My adblocker is off for Thaivisa.

Ok noted i see same

clicking on video does not work

But there is another grayed out video screen below i remove scriptblock and click on this i can watch

seems you have a script block or something similar on your set up

How or why i have no idea it could be part of your adblocker even if according to you its switched off

11 hours ago, Chainsaw said:

For example: There's a thread in Phuket news about a Chinese woman having her bag snatched. When I click on the video it just enlarges the image.

See my post, which you don't like to admit. You're simply clicking on the wrong image.

OK Stevenl, I bow to your superior wisdom. Now can you explain carefully which image I should click on as there is only one as far as I can see. Also can you explain to us lesser mortals why a video from the Pattaya forum works perfectly, while videos in the Phuket forum don't? I await your wise words with breathless anticipation. ????

4 minutes ago, Chainsaw said:

OK Stevenl, I bow to your superior wisdom. Now can you explain carefully which image I should click on as there is only one as far as I can see. Also can you explain to us lesser mortals why a video from the Pattaya forum works perfectly, while videos in the Phuket forum don't? I await your wise words with breathless anticipation. ????

Ignoring your snide remarks and trying to help a fellow TV poster, as an example the bag snatch post I referred to earlier, and you as well.

Under the headline is an image with in the middle a 'play' link. However that is just an image, not a video. Below that follows the text, and below that, so before the source link, is the real video. Click on that one and all will be ok.

If you can see only 1 video I presume it is the first image you're seeing, which is just an image, not a video. And if that is the case I'm sorry, no idea how to solve that.

No idea about the Pattaya forum, I don't go there.

Hope this helps you.

4 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Ignoring your snide remarks and trying to help a fellow TV poster, as an example the bag snatch post I referred to earlier, and you as well.

Under the headline is an image with in the middle a 'play' link. However that is just an image, not a video. Below that follows the text, and below that, so before the source link, is the real video. Click on that one and all will be ok.

If you can see only 1 video I presume it is the first image you're seeing, which is just an image, not a video. And if that is the case I'm sorry, no idea how to solve that. 

No idea about the Pattaya forum, I don't go there.

Hope this helps you.

That is exactly the case Stevenl. Good of you to admit that you can't solve it. Thank you for your effort.

2 hours ago, Chainsaw said:

That is exactly the case Stevenl. Good of you to admit that you can't solve it. Thank you for your effort.

This does change your issue, it means you don't see the video.

Strange, no idea how to solve this.

19 hours ago, stevenl said:

This does change your issue, it means you don't see the video.

Strange, no idea how to solve this.

Its a scriptblock or adblock component that is stopping video segment showing like i said see below

On 5/30/2019 at 10:40 PM, poohy said:

Ok noted i see same

clicking on video does not work

But there is another grayed out video screen below i remove scriptblock and click on this i can watch

seems you have a script block or something similar on your set up

How or why i have no idea it could be part of your adblocker even if according to you its switched off

every video we post is tested if it plays BEFORE we include it in a post!

So it would be very helpful if the OP can let us know:

- which browser doesn't show videos /mobile app or web browser

- some links to posts with videos

Archived