Using Combination Method For 12 Month Extension Of Stay Investment Question

Using the combined money method  , l am doing the monthly transfers, and have kept Thb400,000 in my bank book can l take out the Thb400,000 l have in my account and deposit it into my ladys account to get a good interest rate

(,foreigners aren't able to open an account  at her co-op)  then after 9 months place the THB400,000 back into my account in time to qualify the

THB 800,000 , will l have to show where  the Thb400,000  came from, lt will be my 3rd extension ,

Thank you for any advice.

When did you do your extension application? If before March 1st the new rules will not apply to you until after your next extension.

There is nothing in the new rules for a combination option stating how much you have to keep in the account. Some offices have said half of what was needed to reach a total of the money in the bank and income to reach a total of 800k baht needed to kept in the bank after 3 months.

You will not need to prove where money in the bank came from when you top up your account.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

When did you do your extension application? If before March 1st the new rules will not apply to you until after your next extension.

There is nothing in the new rules for a combination option stating how much you have to keep in the account. Some offices have said half of what was needed to reach a total of the money in the bank and income to reach a total of 800k baht needed to kept in the bank after 3 months.

You will not need to prove where money in the bank came from when you top up your account.

I did extension in May Joe

I would not take the 400k baht out of the bank unless immigration said it was allowed to keep it a different account that is not in you own name. Perhaps move it into a new fixed deposit account that would give a higher interest rate than a standard saving account.

Was the 400k baht what was needed to reach a total of 800k baht when combined with income?

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I would not take the 400k baht out of the bank unless immigration said it was allowed to keep it a different account that is not in you own name. Perhaps move it into a new fixed deposit account that would give a higher interest rate than a standard saving account.

Was the 400k baht what was needed to reach a total of 800k baht when combined with income?

Yes it was joe 

1 hour ago, one baht said:

into my ladys account to get a good interest rate

(,foreigners aren't able to open an account  at her co-op)

What cooperative? Is it a legitimate bank? Is the money insured. What is the interest rate. May be I can ask my GF to move her money to this bank. She now has a mai dai account with 1.5% interest rate.