How is Malaysia ?

I kinda dislike Malaysia also I have rarely met any Thailand expats who do think its an interesting Country for living.

We go there for Visa Runs in and out.

its an backward country old fashioned they fry all their foods nothing going on.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 5

I kinda dislike Malaysia also I have rarely met any Thailand expats who do think its an interesting Country for living.
We go there for Visa Runs in and out.
its an backward country old fashioned they fry all their foods nothing going on.

You go for visa runs. Do you mean you just go to some crappy border town or have you been to Penang or Langkawi ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, taiwanatoa said:

You go for visa runs. Do you mean you just go to some crappy border town or have you been to Penang or Langkawi ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I been to Penang and KL I honestly didn’t like both those cities at all.

Langkawi I haven’t been and i wont go back to Malaysia either go check it out it cant be worse than Penang and KL.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2019 at 8:42 PM, Olmate said:

Your a real deep thinker!

Another portion of food for thought maybe?

It is a Muslim country and with the current government will get more Muslim.

Friend, Malaysian, from Malaysia, Buddhist, relocated to Thailand just for that.

Indonesia same same.

Try Phillipines.......

Edited by hansnl
  • Sad 1

How is it.? It all depends on what your expectations are.

clean, organised and boring . Food ok my opinion is crap unless you into Indian

people do speak English , fairly cheapish.

initial visa for 90 days instead of 30, extensions easy . 

I spent about 10 months working in KL and what I found is that it is hard to fit in. The Indian, Chinese and Malay don't really interact outside of work, so it is easy to ignore another group (white guys). When I went out with friends it was usually the Filipino workers as they were happy to include me in their activities. 

If I were to live there I could see myself being pretty lonely unless I found an expat group to hand out with.

I was going to buy in Penang a few years ago, but in a local paper there was a front page article that “they” had issued a fatwa on yoga. They thought that if people started doing yoga, then it may get the practitioners thinking about where yoga came from and join that religion. Absolutely moronic. 

Having said that, Penang does have amazing food and a polite, friendly scene. 

You've got Malaysia proper, and then you've got Penang and KL. Of the two I think Penang is the most attractive. If you're an active sort of individual there is plenty to do. Tons of sports clubs and organisations to, with the use of English being common place. Less pollution, both on the ground and in the air. Fantastic cafes and restaurants. Beaches are nice, but not amazing. Lots of greenery. Plenty of places to get a drink, but it's not really a place for people who like to hang out in bars all the time, and certainly not for those who prefer paying for the company of woman. Although there are those types of woman around, often from Thailand, you won't be surprised to learn.

• Like 1