BANGKOK
zhounan

Just crossed the Lao -Thai border at Mukdahan, need to go to do TM30?

Hello folks, I just come back to Thailand through the Lao Thai border at Mukdahan with a new visa, a Non- Imm 0 Visa.

Should I go to IO to report the TM30 within 24h?

That depends upon if you plan on doing something at a immigration and the office you would do it at.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That depends upon if you plan on doing something at a immigration and the office you would do it at.

plan to do a stay extension based on marriage 

If you're planning to do the extension on this entry, I would definitely do a TM30 now. Might well save yourself a 1600 Baht fine later.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

And why are you bothering with the extension, money in the bank account route? its much easier and less hassle to just cross a border every 90 days or less. No money in a bank account and less paper work hassle etc.

Well I for one would find having to go somewhere every 90 days to be more of a hassle than the renewal and reporting. Sigh, was a time I would have been the reverse but age gets to you.

Both the 90 day and retirement renewal I find to be very easy, even at the busiest of offices.

If you could keep the 800k out and make, say 5% on it in the year, that would be about $1250. Three trips abroad would cost that much (real trips, not over the border at Pakkad for 2 hours) so not convinced the trips over banking is even cost effective, never mind the hassle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kuma said:

Well I for one would find having to go somewhere every 90 days to be more of a hassle than the renewal and reporting. Sigh, was a time I would have been the reverse but age gets to you.

Both the 90 day and retirement renewal I find to be very easy, even at the busiest of offices.

If you could keep the 800k out and make, say 5% on it in the year, that would be about $1250. Three trips abroad would cost that much (real trips, not over the border at Pakkad for 2 hours) so not convinced the trips over banking is even cost effective, never mind the hassle.

800.000 you mean 400,000 ? 5% a year? Where ? I am just talking about simple border runs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

800.000 you mean 400,000 ? 5% a year? Where ? I am just talking about simple border runs.

well 800,000 for first 90 days then 400,000 for next 210 days, then 800,000 for 60 days and repeat each year.

Yes sure over to Pailin or Savannakhet etc is different than two ppl going to PP, Saigon, Tokyo, Seoul, etc etc - that's the types of things that will get me up to travel, not the border posts - but hats off to those who enjoy it. Like I said in the past I did.

1 minute ago, kuma said:

well 800,000 for first 90 days then 400,000 for next 210 days, then 800,000 for 60 days and repeat each year.

Yes sure over to Pailin or Savannakhet etc is different than two ppl going to PP, Saigon, Tokyo, Seoul, etc etc - that's the types of things that will get me up to travel, not the border posts - but hats off to those who enjoy it. Like I said in the past I did.

Just sounds like much more hassle than its worth.

1 hour ago, kuma said:

Well I for one would find having to go somewhere every 90 days to be more of a hassle than the renewal and reporting.....NOT If you were like Me Living 10 Minutes from the Laos Border at Nong Khai......EASILY Done in LESS than an hour !!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JASON THAI said:

You do not have to leave every 90 days go to your local IO & get an 60 days extension for 1900 Baht based on seeing your wife /child then after that you will need to go over the boarder so its every 150 days you leave Thailand & if done right you can use that same visa for nearly 17 months with 3 boarder runs 

Non- Imm "O" (single entry) can be extended for 60 days at IO, then should cross the border and do another Visa, right?  

21 minutes ago, zhounan said:

Non- Imm "O" (single entry) can be extended for 60 days at IO, then should cross the border and do another Visa, right?  

He is writing about a multiple entry non-o visa that allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

He is writing about a multiple entry non-o visa that allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue.

Yes, I understood he is writing about the multiple entry non-o visa.

But the single entry can be extended for more 60 days paying 1900 baht at IO?