Mueller says he could not charge Trump as Congress weighs impeachment

webfact

2 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

best President ever

Yes, the bestest, biggest, roundest, greatest payoff master to Stormy, grandest wall maker, highest dictator praiser, loudest tariff raiser to punish Americans. Isn't he sublime.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22-trump-podium.w700_h467.jpg.fb0975c57bc159e76b9218f3b026da3b.jpg

No collusion.
No obstruction.
Says so right there on the sign.
Case closed.

Actually, what Mueller said was that, according to the DOJ policies (he is a member of the DOJ), he could not say if an acting president committed a crime. However, according to the policies, he could say if an acting president did not commit a crime and he was not going to say this.

Read between the lines.

He said its up to Congress to follow up if they wish to.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

27 minutes ago, Old Man River said:

Actually, what Mueller said was that, according to the DOJ policies (he is a member of the DOJ), he could not say if an acting president committed a crime. However, according to the policies, he could say if an acting president did not commit a crime and he was not going to say this.

Read between the lines.

He said its up to Congress to follow up if they wish to.

He can say anything he wants. What the hell is going to happen if he says something "bad" about the president? Is he going to jail? Will his mouth physically no be able to open? My frustration is not directed at you btw but at his dove stance on this. The guy was funded with taxpayer dollars to essentially protect the American people. So do it - or do whatever the evidence indicates you should do is what i mean.  

He can say anything he wants. What the hell is going to happen if he says something "bad" about the president? Is he going to jail? Will his mouth physically no be able to open? My frustration is not directed at you btw but at his dove stance on this. The guy was funded with taxpayer dollars to essentially protect the American people. So do it - or do whatever the evidence indicates you should do is what i mean.  
[/] It is a legal matter. It is a policy of the Department of Justice of which he is a member of. He followed the law and yes, he could be jailed.

It is now up to Congress to impeach him based on this report, and they are currently looking into it. It is a 400 page report, so more taxpayers money will be used.

2 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

He can say anything he wants. What the hell is going to happen if he says something "bad" about the president?

He's a very "by the book" kind of guy.  His hands were tied by policy and he made this very explicit in his report and in his statement.  But thanks to Barr and Fox "News", most of Trump's fan base won't ever know this.

Barr: "[Mueller] was not saying that 'But for the OLC opinion, he would have not found a crime'. He made it clear that he had not made the determination that there was a crime."

Mueller: "[The OLC opinion] was Justice Department policy, those were the principles under which we operated, and from them we concluded that we would not reach a determination one way or the other about whether the president committed a crime."

The difference is night and day.

A point to remember here is that while DoJ policy precludes indicting a sitting president, the Constitution does not provide the president with legal immunity while in office.  Therefore, there is nothing to prevent the NY Atty General, Laetitia James, for example, from indicting Trump.  She ran for AG and won on the platform of holding Trump accountable and is conducting or cooperating with several ongoing investigations into Trump and his businesses, including his family.  I hope that she will convene a grand jury to indict Trump, many of whose financial crimes took place in her jurisdiction.  

There are at least 29 ongoing investigations of Trump in various jurisdictions.  

I look forward to seeing several Trump family members in jumpsuits.

2 hours ago, Kasane said:

Yes, the bestest, biggest, roundest, greatest payoff master to Stormy, grandest wall maker, highest dictator praiser, loudest tariff raiser to punish Americans. Isn't he sublime.

But, but, but.................he's a very stable genius, apart from understanding how climate change works, or tariffs for that matter, and he has a clean bill of health as dictated by him to his Dr, and of course he just doesn't do cover ups (does he Stormy and others).

A dumb, narcissistic nut job of the first order. Dumber than a bag of rocks.

Oh, and..........Mueller said that, having detailed at least 10 possible acts of obstruction by Trump, it was not possible to say the US leader committed no crime.  If we had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so," Mueller said.

14 minutes ago, jb61 said:

1467999840_coupagainsttrump.jpg.c8fb82445175d990662a1b563ebeb90a.jpg

Wrong............its only just starting to bear fruit with MUCH more to come regarding his other misdemeanours. All will be revealed. Have patience oh follower of the dumb one.

6 hours ago, stevenl said:

So Muller has confirmed: we found wrongdoings, but can't charge due to DoJ interpretation of the law.

Another of your unique precis interpretations!

BTW, did the DoJ under a certain lady AG decide something similar about the FBI's investigation into Hilary Clinton?

2 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

It's been a nice little earner for a 74 year old. He doesn't want the hassle. Says Trump was guilty of obstruction and the Republicans come after him. Says he wasn't and he'll be vilified and harassed by the Democrats and all liberal PC street warriors for ever.

So waffle, talk mumbo jumbo and try and make out nothing is your decision. 

He's got some hope!

11 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

It's been a nice little earner for a 74 year old.

Mueller’s salary as a special counsel, was aout $162,000.  In 2017 he made about $3.5 million in private practice.  Cite.

Now go to your room and think about what you've said.

Says Trump was guilty of obstruction and the Republicans come after him.

According to DOJ policy, HE COULDN'T SAY THAT.  You've not been paying attention AT ALL.

Says he wasn't and he'll be vilified and harassed by the Democrats and all liberal PC street warriors for ever.

He very explicitly says in his report and in the recent statement that he would have cleared Trump if the evidence allowed him to.  He did not clear Trump.  Come on, a fifth grader should be able to read between those lines.

It is pretty clear that the people alarmed by Barr's declassifying and the oncoming

sphincter assault put pressure on Mueller to drop one last stink bomb. He looked 

like he would rather be anywhere but that podium.

I think it was no coincidence that Barr was in Alaska when this statement was read out.

We'll soon find out why.

The main bone of contention is whether the OLC guidelines affected Mueller's lack

of spine and dedication to his task. Mueller says yes, Barr says mueller assured him it

wasn't so....one of them is lying.

If they knew there was no chance to bring charges right from the start, why not

make that clear and say we won't be recommending criminal prosecution but we will rule

whether guilty or not. 

These coup plotters have a very clear goal....create and maintain noise for 4 years straight,

distract and tie up the administration, diminish prestige of the office of the president at

home and overseas.

Mueller aint riding off into the sunset after his huge dump....he will have to return and face

tough questions from both sides.

Im no lawyer but I would have counselled the trump team to amend their 

billboard to 'no collusion'.....'no grounds for obstruction'. Fixed for the pedants.

5 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

If they knew there was no chance to bring charges right from the start, why not make that clear and say we won't be recommending criminal prosecution but we will rule whether guilty or not.

To collect evidence and find peripheral wrongdoing.  Mueller also said that the DOJ needs to hold on to evidence in case people may be charged at a later date.  Trump will be vulnerable to indictment in 600 days, 19 hours and 15 minutes as of this post's timestamp.

Why have you forgotten about all the slime and crime that has been uncovered in Trump's orbit?  That is substantial and important, and well worth the $25 million spent on Mueller's probe.

These coup plotters have a very clear goal....

Stop making up imaginary people.  Everything that has happened with respect to Rosenstein & Mueller has happened in accordance with the law.

create and maintain noise for 4 years straight, distract and tie up the administration, diminish prestige of the office of the president at home and overseas.

Trump is doing an excellent job of that himself.

31 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

These coup plotters have a very clear goal....create and maintain noise for 4 years straight,

distract and tie up the administration, diminish prestige of the office of the president at

home and overseas.

Geez man, Trump "diminishes the prestige of the office" on a daily basis.  Here's a new one which is just too bizarre to be believed.  There's a US Navy ship named the USS John S. McCain homeported in Yokosuka, Japan.  While Trump was there a few days ago....

[The White House asked Navy officials to obscure the USS John S. McCain while President Trump was visiting Japan, Pentagon and White House officials said Wednesday night.]

[A senior White House official also confirmed that they did not want the destroyer with the McCain name seen in photographs.]

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/white-house-wanted-uss-john-s-mccain-obscured-during-trumps-japan-visit/ar-AAC6DWI?ocid=wispr

Of course, Trump denies he was aware, but since he lies constantly, I'd tend to believe the Wall Street Journal. 

I would recommend anyone that believes Mueller was barred (no pun intended) from coming to a conclusion due to DOJ policy read the Starr Report that (while operating under the same DOJ guidelines) clearly indicated that President Clinton was guilty of a number of crimes, including obstruction of justice.

Mueller did not come to a conclusion because the evidence was not there.

19 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

an interesting article today on cnbc stated 1. dem congress did not learn the lesson from the past 2. mueller failed to address the real problem cypersecurity.

Any particular reason you didn't provide the link?  I'm curious to know what people expect a special counsel to do about cyber security, especially considering that was not within the scope of his investigation.

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

If they knew there was no chance to bring charges right from the start, why not

make that clear and say we won't be recommending criminal prosecution but we will rule

whether guilty or not. 

I encourage you to read Mueller Report, Volume 2, ‘Introduction’ and the attendant Foot Note 2.

If you can do so before making anymore statements like the one above you might avoid embarrassing yourself

11 minutes ago, mogandave said:

I would recommend anyone that believes Mueller was barred (no pun intended) from coming to a conclusion due to DOJ policy should read the Starr Report that while operating under the same DOJ guidelines clearly indicated that President Clinton was guilty of a number of crimes, including obstruction of justice.

Mueller did not come to a conclusion because the evidence was not there.

Don’t get distracted reading the ‘Starr  Report’.

Read the Mueller report.

8 hours ago, dcutman said:

The Trump hating Mueller just got the rest of the Trump hater's orgasmic today.

Good luck with the impeachment, please spend every waking hour on it.

That will absolute guarantee Trump 4 more years  the Republicans maintain control of the senate and most like cost the Dems the majority in the house.

Go Trump, 2020 landslide! https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/27/opinion/trumps-formidable-2020-tailwind.html

Trump has done nothing for the U.S.  it's on it's way down.  a sad sinking ship.  he does not want to talk infrastructure and will not compromise one iota on other issues.  he's just a big baby and is an embarrassment.  vulgar buffon.

I encourage you to read Mueller Report, Volume 2, ‘Introduction’ and the attendant Foot Note 2.

If you can do so before making anymore statements like the one above you might avoid embarrassing yourself

I’m not embarrassed.

If DOJ policy disallowed Mueller from coming to a conclusion, how is it he was allowed to come to a conclusion on the collusion charges?

Archived