Chiangrai Immigration Beware

Thomas74

Yesterday Went to get approval  of marriage visa which was stamped and handed back to my wife i checked and disovered that my wife had not handed in reentry permit application  so we handed it in and got the 3 photocopies required and before the passport was handed back they started to ask about previous 90 day report

I  Told them they did not query it earlier and that i was there 30 days ago for the application  and that the next one should start from today

They said no ands being there 30 days ago was not relevant and asked for another 2,000 which my wife gave the older ladyr

When the recieipt for payment was made it only showed  1,000 for re entry and no reference to 90 day reporting

which obviously went in to some ones pocket

A Nice little earner at only one per day but probably more 

2 hours ago, villagefarang said:

I just had a good experience at immigration. It took all of 2 minutes to do my 90 day report.  

Exactly my experience, under 2 minutes at Chiang Rai Immigration earlier this week.

We were there this morning to do the TM30 and get the online reporting sorted.  The guy near the door was free and helped us out.  Went to the restroom and when we came back he was finished.  Now we can do the report online.

Archived