Video: Who's to blame? Motorcyclist in hospital after smash in Phrae

webfact

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I was referring to the main article.. (opening post).. 

Main article from webfact was translated by Rooster, Jane Dough is Rooster.. And yes, be always aware, never mind what color the lights have.

22 hours ago, Moonlover said:

And that stupid motorcyclist was going pretty fast.

I don't think he was going fast. I just think his RAM was full and he had only 1gb of processing speed on a 2.5gb bike.

The vehicle certainly had the green light and the right away but here in Thailand I never enter into any road without ever slowing down and looking because this happens all the time.

Then there seems to be a contributing factor?  Maybe someone can point it out I don't see any signal lights for the motorbike?  Plus he or she was going way too fast! and I mean way too fast!

On 5/30/2019 at 10:53 AM, taichiplanet said:

The police are to blame; as they do not consistently enforce the laws so people drive around doing what they want.

I noticed the bike was also on the left side of the lane, giving a more restricted view into hazards (i.e. cars emerging from the left). If you're going too fast on a bike, you need to be right in the centre of the road prepared for people driving straight out like that...

My greatest fear on a bike is probably people coming out from the left side turning towards me - they often drive out faster than they can properly look both ways, paying more attention to the traffic from the left after a cursory glance to the right - and they often don't cross the road before turning right into your face either.

He was also riding at a speed that might be ok for a superbike with excellent tyres and disks front and rear, but definitely not for a crappy ass Thai style bike. Riding a smaller bike here you certainly get an instant awareness that it's not being seen that is the issue - it's being significant. People can see a small bike, and mentally just carry on thinking it's ok.

Bad style all around - so yes, blame culture, driver training, inconsistencies all around.... just carry on doing what you like.

9 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

I don't think he was going fast. I just think his RAM was full and he had only 1gb of processing speed on a 2.5gb bike.

Thai's - driving on 256kb slow ram whilst loading options for 'approaching hazards'  from floppy disk.

Archived