Combo Method no longer allowed for extension...

sfokevin

Now ........... where it states that they don't care about the origin of the 65,000 ................ does it still have to be transferred in from outside Thailand OR do they just wanna see 65,000 going into the account.

If it's the latter, then this will make many retirees happy. ????

2 hours ago, thequietman said:

Now ........... where it states that they don't care about the origin of the 65,000 ................ does it still have to be transferred in from outside Thailand OR do they just wanna see 65,000 going into the account.

If it's the latter, then this will make many retirees happy. ????

Transferred in from outside Thailand.  

"Chiang Mai immigration have now stated they will no longer accept combination methods for extensions."

It's likely that the information from Assist Thai Visa is correct, but why has this important information comes to an ex-pat forum via an agent (agency) and not through the immigration website. Also, is this a "rule" only being applied by CM Immigration or is it a national change. If the former, why is the CM Immigration office allowed to make autonomous decisions?

Regards

Joe

42 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I think the link should come from the OP as it is a new rule. 

Look at the last line of the OP if you want to get it from that agent.

Otherwise, it's stated in other TV threads where people are worried if their bank accts will identify foreign transfers.

Happy searching.

You're welcome. 

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

Link? I don't see that in the OP?  Since the OP contradicts all other extension rules I think the link should come from the OP as it is a new rule. 

Look at ThaiVisas Facebook post and thier comments confirming the 65k must come from a foreign source (Which is what Immigration has always said too)...

8 hours ago, amexpat said:

Look at the last line of the OP if you want to get it from that agent.

Otherwise, it's stated in other TV threads where people are worried if their bank accts will identify foreign transfers.

Happy searching.

You're welcome. 

You said it must come from a foreign source after nick said it can come from anywhere.  If you want to be believed in light of his new information post a link. 

7 hours ago, sfokevin said:

Look at ThaiVisas Facebook post and thier comments confirming the 65k must come from a foreign source (Which is what Immigration has always said too)...

The OP said it can come from anywhere.  If you disagree with the OP OK with me.  But don't say he said it had to come from overseas. 

2 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

The OP said it can come from anywhere.  If you disagree with the OP OK with me.  But don't say he said it had to come from overseas. 

If you go to the Facebook link I provided and look at the comments Assist Thai Visa clarifies that it must come from overseas... I think the original post statement saying that Immigration does not care where it comes from meant that Immigration is not requiring one to prove it is “pension” income or wanting documentation showing your income source...

5BD1B1B5-297A-4E5C-9A27-7142D8D203B4.jpeg

2 hours ago, sfokevin said:

If you go to the Facebook link I provided and look at the comments Assist Thai Visa clarifies that it must come from overseas... I think the original post statement saying that Immigration does not care where it comes from meant that Immigration is not requiring one to prove it is “pension” income or wanting documentation showing your income source...

5BD1B1B5-297A-4E5C-9A27-7142D8D203B4.jpeg

Thank you. 

21 hours ago, Shoeless Joe said:

why is the CM Immigration office allowed to make autonomous decisions?

LOL. Chiang Mai has always made it up themselves since I had to go there. At least they don't require a medical for retirement extensions as apparently Samui does ( yet ).

There does not appear to be any national regulations that are the only regulations. Local offices take the national regulations as a base line, and invent other regulations to add to them.

I imagine they sit around in the smoko room thinking up new ways to make the farangs get frustrated and upset. 

Can anyone explain to me why a bank book has to be updated on the day of renewal, as if the money could be taken out without it being printed in the bank book since the last time it was used.

I miss Thailand, but not immigration.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. Chiang Mai has always made it up themselves since I had to go there. At least they don't require a medical for retirement extensions as apparently Samui does ( yet ).

There does not appear to be any national regulations that are the only regulations. Local offices take the national regulations as a base line, and invent other regulations to add to them.

I imagine they sit around in the smoko room thinking up new ways to make the farangs get frustrated and upset. 

Can anyone explain to me why a bank book has to be updated on the day of renewal, as if the money could be taken out without it being printed in the bank book since the last time it was used.

I miss Thailand, but not immigration.

One has to update the bankbook on some day.  It could be the day of renewal or 2 days before or a week before?  Which would make more sense to you?  I update mine the day before and havn't had a problem in 20 years.  Are you perhaps just complaining to complain with some underlying reason like you can't live in Thailand anymore?

18 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

One has to update the bankbook on some day.  It could be the day of renewal or 2 days before or a week before?  Which would make more sense to you?  I update mine the day before and havn't had a problem in 20 years.  Are you perhaps just complaining to complain with some underlying reason like you can't live in Thailand anymore?

Listen up. I was denied an extension because the bank book was not updated same day as appointment. She sent me away to get it updated, but allowed me to come back in the afternoon to complete the extension. Had I seen her late afternoon, I'd have had to come back next day ( with updated bank book the next day ). It's a barking way to run a government department, but it's how they do it in LOS.

Listen up. I was denied an extension because the bank book was not updated same day as appointment. She sent me away to get it updated, but allowed me to come back in the afternoon to complete the extension. Had I seen her late afternoon, I'd have had to come back next day ( with updated bank book the next day ). It's a barking way to run a government department, but it's how they do it in LOS.
plus you have loads of time on your hands so no big deal

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seems like an error on your part.  Why blame Immigration for your not being able to follow rules or not knowing what the rules are? Like I said sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder. 

6 hours ago, dcnx said:

The culling continues. Who’s next?

A new class of people that are sitting pretty "safe" and smug now perhaps some of them foolishly feeling that they are somehow superior (and especially well "loved" by the authorities) to the groups of people that have already been severely impacted.

8 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Seems like an error on your part.  Why blame Immigration for your not being able to follow rules or not knowing what the rules are? Like I said sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder. 

You yourself said you did it the day before with no trouble in 20 years. Where did it say that it had to be done on the day when I did it. NOWHERE. It was not a rule. 

Go bait someone else, and don't reply to this or I'll report you for stalking.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:
2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

plus you have loads of time on your hands so no big deal

Are you flaming me?

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You yourself said you did it the day before with no trouble in 20 years. Where did it say that it had to be done on the day when I did it. NOWHERE. It was not a rule. 

Go bait someone else, and don't reply to this or I'll report you for stalking.

I think it is pretty well known after reading Thai Visa that CM demands the bank book updated on the day you apply for the extension.  I believe there are a few others that do too.  That's one of the reasons I read Thai Visa to stay informed. 

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

A new class of people that are sitting pretty "safe" and smug now perhaps some of them foolishly feeling that they are somehow superior (and especially well "loved" by the authorities) to the groups of people that have already been severely impacted.

A couple of years ago I would not have worried but now I've investigated other places and discussed moving to America with my wife.  She would go but neither one of us really wants to.  I don't think the dog does either.  I'll try my best to stay as it is beneficial to me and my family. 

Archived