BANGKOK 18 August 2019 11:31
simon43

Laos or Cambodia - where would you relocate to?

30 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

So now you’re telling him where he should or should not move to?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I wonder what kind of brain filters a person would have to have to actually believe that I have done that, but I won't bother, because I don't believe that you believe it. Cheerio. 

1 minute ago, Benroon said:

With over 200 countries on the planet I always find it odd that when someone wants to leave Thailand its always for Myanmar, Philippines, Cambodia or Vietnam ? I'm assuming then the intention is to go somewhere where you can purchase sex ?

If it is go to Estonia - stuck between Eastern Europe and Scandinavia they are AMAZING looking women ! Venezuela best looking women on the planet etc spread your wings a bit.

I agree with your point entirely. Why limit to Asean? Sure lots of expats in Thailand are here for the so called sex, but the OP made it very clear he is past that being a big interest for him. 

I wonder what kind of brain filters a person would have to have to actually believe that I have done that, but I won't bother, because I don't believe that you believe it. Cheerio. 

Bi bi

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, thecyclist said:

Laos, 20 years ago the cheapest in the region, is now, especially food, by far the most expensive. If you have lived in Thailand for years and speak some Thai, Laos would be preferable, as everyone understands Thai in Laos. 

PP has turned into a traffic nightmare over the last decade, SR into a tourist circus, Sihanoukville into a Chinese enclave, but towns like Battambang, Pursat and Kampot are still livable. 

Have you considered Vietnam :The cheapest in the region with very welcoming people, especially away from tourist destinations. 

Laos by far the most expensive? What a load of rubbish. 

A recurrent theme in a wealth of threads on here is healthcare.

Now I understand that it's an American system to buy the insurance and if you dont use it, get your teeth sorted before the end of the year, and if you're British, the NHS will turn you away if you are found to have been outside the UK for six months. Aus/NZ I really dont know.

But why does everyone want to live on the hospital steps??

You don't think the Thais have picked up on this and you just might be being exploited a little?

• Haha 1

Nobody wants to live on the hospital steps but if you need a hospital, you want there to be modern care available there and not at a price that will kill you. 

• Like 2

On 5/30/2019 at 11:31 AM, BritManToo said:

SRRV nearly $2,000, you'd have to be mad.

1500.00 for veterans.

7 hours ago, Benroon said:

With over 200 countries on the planet I always find it odd that when someone wants to leave Thailand its always for Myanmar, Philippines, Cambodia or Vietnam ? I'm assuming then the intention is to go somewhere where you can purchase sex ?

If it is go to Estonia - stuck between Eastern Europe and Scandinavia they are AMAZING looking women ! Venezuela best looking women on the planet etc spread your wings a bit.

Weather ain't great in Estonia.

Venezuela even the locals don't want to live there.

SEA, the countries are close, the women are cheap and the weather is warm.

But I agree, it's not the right place for you, I feel you'd be much happier somewhere else.

9 hours ago, JaiLai said:

If it does n't really matter why even bother to post it then? bit of a pintless exercise really.

I'm interested in LP and would like to know why it's not modern but you're unwilling to share the info, that's bad form...

Why don't you buy a ticket. It's a cheap flight and a charming town. You can see pretty much all there is to see in a day or two.  The best thing about being in Luang Prabang is doing nothing while in a very pleasant environment.

• Like 1

Thailand, up to 2014! After that, freedom has disappeared, the Baht in a disaster, cost of living is going

through the roof, except wages and in term of export, Thailand went from No1 to No3 in a matter

of 4 and a half years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1