Filthy Thai buses! And they want us to pay more for this!

webfact

Filthy Thai buses! And they want us to pay more for this!

8pm.jpg

Thai netizens responded in droves after pictures of a filthy bus were posted on a fan page. 

Route 558 bound for Suvarnabhumi had filthy air vents, dirty floors and wobbly seats. 

The windows were so blurred one poster thought their was a problem with their eyes. 

But it was just dirt - the bus hadn't been cleaned in ages, they claimed. 

Bits of tape seemed to be holding part of a floor covering in place.

The vehicle was a disgrace outside and in.

Netizens were united said Thai Rath - they complained that the fares kept going up but the service didn't match the price increases. 

The pictures had been posted on FM91 Trafficpro.

Source: Thai Rath

Was just on the bus today. Was standing under some kind of air vent and noticed it was absolutely caked in dust. Not like a week's worth. Like it's never been cleaned. I know the buses aren't expensive, but how hard is it to do even some basic maintenance? 

Don't even get me started on those yellow buses that are only about 10 years old. Someone made a lot of money from the kick backs on those s*** boxes. 

Yeah, they raised the price on the bus route that I usually use with 10% without getting better buses... and they even said that I can't complain that I can't fit my legs between the my seat and the seat in front of me on some of the buses they use on the route, they said that the buses are made for Thais... so apparently 10 cm leg space is enough for Thais?!

1 hour ago, diddygq said:

I've lived in Thailand for about 15 years. I'm currently on vacation here in Japan. It feels like I'm on another planet compared to Thailand. Things work and people do their jobs!

And everything is on time.

Especially public transport.

9 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Looks to be in mint condition compared to some of the 'smaller' buses on the Mae Sai- Chiang Rai route.

Also on the Khon Kaen - Chiang Mai service I traveled on some time ago! I had paid for a VIP ticket but ended up on a clapped out local bus because the original bus had mechanical failures. Never again!! Food packs were stashed outside the toilet on the water soaked floor. No water flush in the toilet - just a large plastic tub and hand bowl. My window was broken and had brown sticky parcel tape holding it together. No air conditioning control - just a piece of rolled up tissue to remove or replace accordingly. On the good side, the bus amazingly arrived in Chiang Mai on time!

15 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Was just on the bus today. Was standing under some kind of air vent and noticed it was absolutely caked in dust. Not like a week's worth. Like it's never been cleaned. I know the buses aren't expensive, but how hard is it to do even some basic maintenance? 

Don't even get me started on those yellow buses that are only about 10 years old. Someone made a lot of money from the kick backs on those s*** boxes. 

Just like everything else-few people do their jobs or are responsible-pride in laziness-no accountability-taught at home and at school, and exemplified by the government 

10 hours ago, diddygq said:

I've lived in Thailand for about 15 years. I'm currently on vacation here in Japan. It feels like I'm on another planet compared to Thailand. Things work and people do their jobs!

I had a Thai friend who just returned after his first holiday out from Thailand, he went to Korea... he traveled via train /bus/coach etc during the trip.

He admitted on his return he's had his eyes opened up, he said he never understood before but can now see clearly how lacking Thailand is & what people have to put up with.

He said he feels ashamed now when he sees foreign tourists using public transport and walking around on badly kept pavements & roads.. crossing points that are ignored by drivers... taxis that rip people off at every opportunity.

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

He said he feels ashamed now when he sees foreign tourists using public transport and walking around on badly kept pavements & roads.. crossing points that are ignored by drivers... taxis that rip people off at every opportunity.

On the other hand when my parent visited they found the BTS to be very clean and convenient compared to what's available in Paris. I didn't get much comments on the road or pavement so I guess as tourists they didn't mind.

They only complained about the lack of sidewalk in the soi next to my condo, making it unsafe to just walk down the street. It's a two way narrow street short-cutting two big roads that motorbike taxis like to speed through.

558 yellow bus were new Chinese bought about 15 years ago, if that. They were ok until about 5 years ago then I noticed they looked dirty and falling apart I was shocked last time we got on from the airport, even the air con was not working. They were rubbish to start with, but cheap.

On 5/30/2019 at 2:10 PM, 30la said:

I've seen so many of these beautiful buses, and many do service over long distances!

As they say in the French Navy:
painting on shit = cleanliness 

I was a bus driver in the early 1970s;
most of the coaches of Thailand line are as old and sometimes more than those that I drove at that time

On 5/31/2019 at 10:19 AM, Orton Rd said:

558 yellow bus were new Chinese bought about 15 years ago, if that. They were ok until about 5 years ago then I noticed they looked dirty and falling apart I was shocked last time we got on from the airport, even the air con was not working. They were rubbish to start with, but cheap.

Chinese Quality?

I’m of the belief that many, if not most consumers will be able to accept - albeit begrudgingly so, some level of fare hikes —- but I think where that hits a block is when there is no real sense of service improvement, much less an overall sense of a service/product devaluation.

I think had the buses been kept up in terms of “fit and finish” and service levels been kept at par — I think a moderate fare hike would have been more easily accepted by the public.

To me, I think you’ll always been looking at a major uphill public perception battle if you’re asking for a far hike at the same time that sense of the public is that you aren’t — at minimum - keeping service at par.. it’s exponentially harder if the perception is that you’re also now delivering a below par product/service and also asking for a higher fare to deliver it.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Archived