Jump to content
BANGKOK 17 June 2019 07:35
webfact

Third grader dies after being electrocuted at Kamphaeng Phet school

Recommended Posts

Third grader dies after being electrocuted at Kamphaeng Phet school

By The Nation

 

tr.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

 

A third-grade schoolgirl died on Thursday, and her cousin was injured, after they were electrocuted at a school in Kamphaeng Phet’s Muang district.

 

The two cousins fell unconscious after they were shocked when they grabbed an iron gate at Ban Nam Dib School in Moo 8 village in Tambon Nong Pling at 3.30pm on Wednesday following heavy rains.

 

They were rushed to Kamphaeng Phet Hospital intensive care unit.

 

The hospital said the third grader, Chonlada Chat-on, 9, died at 9am on Thursday. Her blood pressure and pulse rate had been dropping since 6am and doctors resuscitated her three times but failed to bring her back.

 

Wanchai Kerdmeephote, deputy director of the Kamphaeng Phet Basic Education Office, visited the school to investigate the power leakage.

 

Thanadkijj Nuam-in, the manager of the Kamphaeng Phet electricity office, went to the school on Wednesday night. He said they found that the school used temporary power wires at several spots that could easily cause a short circuit if the wires broke or became exposed.

 

Doctors said the dead girl's fifth grade cousin was now in a safe condition.

 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30370277

 

thenation_logo.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

and who will go to jail for this  avoidable tragedy, answer, nobody.  Disgraceful and so sad. 

Nobody will go to jail because as usual the family  will work out a compensation deal with the school. Thats just the way it is

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

and who will go to jail for this  avoidable tragedy, answer, nobody.  Disgraceful and so sad. 

A wai will fix it if one is needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Vacuum said:
55 minutes ago, webfact said:

they found that the school used temporary power wires at several spots

Often these are 'permanent'.

How true.

Sadly in this case, I bet the 'temporary' cable became 'permanent', then after the electrocution it instantly became reclassifed as 'temporary' again, to try and avoid any blame.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do Thais have such a blasé attitude to electricity supply. My friend who is a very well regarded builder uses extension wires for his power tools consisting of two core cable twisted and repaired and up to 30 metres long.

Where I live the power lines droop between posts almost touching the ground and nobody seems to care.

Has anyone got an answer for this or should I just say T I T.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Death traps everywhere. First someone must get hurt or die, before they do something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Death traps everywhere. First someone must get hurt or die, before they do something. 

Wrong. The plebs die no one cares. Nothing gets done. They never learn. Never need to because money can buy anyone out of anything.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Wrong. The plebs die no one cares. Nothing gets done. They never learn. Never need to because money can buy anyone out of anything.

They might fix this "temporary wire" but there are probably plenty more that hasn't caused any accidents yet.....  Sadly, even horrible incidents like this one are unlikely to change their overall approach to safety. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A major problem is that the power system is designed after 'european' style, which allows a high resistance grounded wire (as happens in a storm with trees nearby) to remain 'live' without cutting off power to the system.  This is more convenient to customers as system power remains on while power company can take days to find the problem (or longer).  The american system, is designed so that the same downed wire causes a major surge that is quickly detected & the broken part of system is isolated until repair is made.  thus crews work 24 /7 after storms.   

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I like this place the electric does scare the bejasus out of me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...