Excavator And Bulldozer For Job 50 Km East Of Nakhon Sawan, How Much?

cst

Hello i need some advise / help on this.

I am going to get a 600 square meter ( 20 x 30 meter) fishpond digged out its going to be about 3 meter deep (2 meter of water).

The soil from the digging job is going to be used to raise the rest of the land. The total size of the land is 2 rai (3200 square meter).

How much should i expect to pay for the excavator/dozer job?

The job is in a small town called Nong bua about 50 KM norteast of Nakhon sawan.

I am going to get a 600 square meter ( 20 x 30 meter) fishpond digged out its going to be about 3 meter deep (2 meter of water).

The soil from the digging job is going to be used to raise the rest of the land. The total size of the land is 2 rai (3200 square meter).

The job is in a small town called Nong bua about 50 KM norteast of Nakhon sawan.

I think you will find that you will be charged by the hour for the excavation part of the job: up to 1,600 baht per hour these days. I guess your pond may require around 15 hours. To truck the soil close by costs around 200-300 baht per load. Most folks locally would then use a tractor to grade the land: around 400 baht per hour locally to do this. I'm 100km from the city (north west).

I would'nt argue with Khonwan's fig's, you might be able to get the digger a bit cheaper, but it might take a bit longer as well. You'd might be able get away with out the truck for only 2 rai, just grade it from the sides of the pond. I'm in Tak Fa about 50 km down from you.

I would'nt argue with Khonwan's fig's, you might be able to get the digger a bit cheaper, but it might take a bit longer as well. You'd might be able get away with out the truck for only 2 rai, just grade it from the sides of the pond. I'm in Tak Fa about 50 km down from you.

Yes, I agree - a tractor would suffice for land adjacent to the pond without the need of trucks. An hourly excavation rate of 1,200 baht applied for many years but went up due to the huge increases in fuel costs - may be possible to get it for 1,400 baht though.

My wife got our fishpond dug a couple of years ago when I was working in Pakistan but I am afriad I have no idea of the cost.

However welcome to the central region.

I am about 175km northwest of RamdomChances and about 60 km north west of Khonwan.

I'll just add if you don't want/need the soil, you may be able to get it dug for free, my pond is about the same size as your's and did'nt cost me anything....you have to let them have the earth though and it may well depend on wether they have a buyer for it.

Hello again

Thank you all for your info.

I had more or less the same numbers in my head (somewhere from 25.000 to 35.000 bath).

The local contractors seems to be of a different opinion, they ask around 70.000 for the job,- witch i refuse to pay.

I am not in Thailand before the end of june but need this job done before the rain starts, if you should know someone who wants and can do the job it would be great (you could pass me the phone number, wife can speak thai :-))

Got money and a supervisor onsight, but will be unable to come around and shake hands.

I will bye beers in june if i get visitors.

I asked my wife to get a quote for a 3/4 rai pond. The guy told her the shovel would cost 1,000 baht per hour. He wouldn't quote the job. I want to know up front how much so we are still looking.

Update,

We have a contractor now, the excavator is 12.000 bath pr. hour.

I am not sure about the dozer/tractor part yet.

The job will be done in the next days and i will get back whit the numbers :-)

Update,

We have a contractor now, the excavator is 12.000 bath pr. hour.

I am not sure about the dozer/tractor part yet.

The job will be done in the next days and i will get back whit the numbers :-)

!,000 (GaryA) - 1,200 (cst) per hour: I'm surprised you are getting quoted at these rates. I'm right out off the beaten track so I suppose that explains the difference. Mind you, I just had a pond dug for me around 6 months ago by the government for only 2,500 baht! And I don't mean per hour. Four villagers benefited through the luck of the draw (the land is in my wife's name of course).

I don't suppose any contractor can properly quote the whole job since the length of time it takes to excavate depends on whether there are rocks or not.

.......Yeah i meant 1200 bath/hour i dont think its overpriced, they will start digging tomorrow,- maybe.

Last year I had 5 ponds dug totalling about 2000 sq meters. 4 ponds were had a 2:1 slope with a depth of 1.2-1.7m and one pond was 1:1 with a depth of 3 meters. Cost was B1400 per hour and it took 49 hours. I then hired a Ford tractor to spread the dirt to a 1 rai garden and paid that guy B11,000.

We're in KPP.

rgds

The going rate here (Chiang Mai) is 1,500 an hour, in my town we go for 1,200 an hour, I have a number of newish Komatsu PC200 Mk6 & 7's, you are getting a fair price, ultimatly it depends on the soil to how long it will take, if the soil is good, and so is the driver, I would say a little over a day, we have known jobs of this small size take 3 days though (very bad soil).

70,000 no way, they thought you were a stupid farang, who knew no better.......... Greedy Thai I'm afraid

Edit to ask.....

Are they charging you to transport the digger? If so you should be paying no more than 2,000

Hope this helps

Edited by solent01