Rainy season is here

canuckamuck

18 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

We have only gotten a few sprinkles out our way but at least the sky is clear and the air fresh.

That is very surprising. We are in the same province, although I think you are east of CR town and I am west. I didn't think there could be such a difference.

11 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

That is very surprising. We are in the same province, although I think you are east of CR town and I am west. I didn't think there could be such a difference.

We saw a lot of rain in town yesterday but returned home to find the dirt in the dry fields still had that dusty light tan color and the roads were dry.  We are around 55 km east of town and located in a broad plane running south to north.  We often see rain on the mountains but it doesn't make it to us.

We saw a lot of rain in town yesterday but returned home to find the dirt in the dry fields still had that dusty light tan color and the roads were dry.  We are around 55 km east of town and located in a broad plane running south to north.  We often see rain on the mountains but it doesn't make it to us.

It will get there eventually,it certainly does clean the air thats for sure[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

We have 3 showers, with about  1 mm in the rain gauge, over the past 4 days, famers have planted they corn, after 27 mm in one night, that was  9 days ago since then just 5 mm, need some more, we are in Lopburi Provence. 

Our neighbours   are selling they Thai sweets at our locale weekly market this evening ...........so it is bound to rain.    

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Just waiting for the first poster "When is the rain going to stop"

regards Worgeordie

Here in Sisaket, it is more "when is the rain going to start"

We have plenty of storms, with rolling thunder for hours, followed by very strong winds, and not a drop of water, or very little. 

The farmers around are just in the process of sowing the rice, which is about a month later than usual. 

In short, we are certainly not in the rain season... yet... 

2 hours ago, Brunolem said:

We have plenty of storms, with rolling thunder for hours, followed by very strong winds, and not a drop of water, or very little. 

The FIL tells me that the reason for that is there is a cobra with eggs in your vicinity.

Archived