Raindrops are falling on my head - in bed! Belgian complains about shoddy new Pattaya house

Jonathan Fairfield

18 minutes ago, balo said:

For 2-3 million baht you can buy a nice condo

I can assure you that you are either totally mistaken, or don't understand the meaning of "nice".  A "nice" condo would cost perhaps ten times that amount.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Oxx said:

A "nice" condo would cost perhaps ten times that amount.

I bought one for 1.4 mill in Jomtien and sold it with a profit. 1 Br apartment , with nice swimming pool and gym.  Not a big condo but good enough for 2 people.  24 hour security, nice, polite people. Always felt safe there. 

And it did not rain inside!  

22 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

While living in the family house I investigated why a sink was not draining from the outside bathroom. Turned out the pipe didn't end in the drain, but half way to the drain in the dirt!

In my case the drain had been used to dispose of leftover concrete!

Not the first time such has been reported in TVF and will not be the last.
While living in the family house I investigated why a sink was not draining from the outside bathroom. Turned out the pipe didn't end in the drain, but half way to the drain in the dirt!
Funny you say that but about 8 years ago we were having trouble with our drain from the house to the main drain ,anyway eventually dug it up and found that the pipe was broken and had all rocks in it ,so the water was just going into the garden ,no wonder the grass never died if we didnt water it ,.anyway they just put in a new pipe ,but goes to show nothing ever gets checked when buildings are being built.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 6/3/2019 at 7:16 PM, Oxx said:

I can assure you that you are either totally mistaken, or don't understand the meaning of "nice".  A "nice" condo would cost perhaps ten times that amount.

Where? Maybe Bangkok.

The only place I can think of even close to that in Pattaya would be Northshore.

For the price you are quoting you can buy a semi-mansion with a pool and several rai 30 minutes outside the city.

I agree with balo on this one.  For 3 million you can get a very nice condo in a decent location in a quality building.

Archived