First bad Lazada experience

robblok

Sorry to hear this. I always prepay Lazada with my Visa card in order to not have to be around for the delivery and the few times I've returned something there was no problem, the refund showing up on my CC in less than a week.

I would guess in your case the reason was the seller's system was slow in informing Lazada of the cancellation. But then the question is didn't you cancel on your Lazada order page itself, why did you need to contact the seller?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bang Bang said:

Sorry to hear this. I always prepay Lazada with my Visa card in order to not have to be around for the delivery and the few times I've returned something there was no problem, the refund showing up on my CC in less than a week.

I would guess in your case the reason was the seller's system was slow in informing Lazada of the cancellation. But then the question is didn't you cancel on your Lazada order page itself, why did you need to contact the seller?

Contacted the seller who initiated cancellation and it stayed as initiated forever. Contacted support who would speed it up (nothing happened). Contacted them again and they changed the status but it will still take 10 days to get the money back.

Just confirms for me not to use anything else then COD.

4 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

You'll get your money back, it just takes a long time,

I can never do COD because I never know when they are going to come and half the time they deliver it to our friend's house on the other side of the village.

Do you pay by creditcard or mobile banking ? If by mobile banking can you get the money back from the lazada wallet to your bank ? (read it was possible just like to know for sure)

Just curious dont they call you before delivering. When i order stuff they call me in the morning half an hour before they deliver. 

• Like 2

Thats pretty much normal for most online stores. Your payment is of course instant but theirs is usually weeks.

When Fly Dubai stopped flying out of Bangkok it took 6 months to get my airfare back

just received on pc delivered  yesterday at me in person …? Nothing delivered yesterday or today ...as it was small item pay on delivery , asking clearing up this on their awful live chat (3 times  with tracking number ),and suddenly now not delivered anymore on tracking, but cancelled because ... "item lost " a Kerry delivery .

Before many things delivered by the motorbike delivery , always a phone call before and wen at entrance condo another call , those are worth the job and my tip

11 minutes ago, robblok said:

Do you pay by creditcard or mobile banking ? If by mobile banking can you get the money back from the lazada wallet to your bank ? (read it was possible just like to know for sure)

Just curious dont they call you before delivering. When i order stuff they call me in the morning half an hour before they deliver. 

Yeah, I put my wife's number on the account, so she gets the call but she rarely mentions it.  She's not being a jerk, she is easily distracted. :cheesy:

And I use a credit card, I don't know what the wallet is, I assume it is something I don't need.

Edited by canuckamuck
  • Like 1

I agree with going COD (if it's not too much of a hassle in your case)

every thing I have bought with credit card seemed to come later as well

at least, you know it will show up if it's COD

and if it won't show up, well you haven't paid anything

"First Bad Lazada Experience"

I envy you, after many experiences, just now your first bad one.

I've had so many bad experiences that now rarely order on Lazada any more, but, instead use a  "work around" to get what I need.  Much better that way.  Recently, for a small kitchen appliance (sous-vide heater), seller offered free delivery "right now" by LaLaMove.  In about two hours, it was in my kitchen!!  A very good experience.  So now I use Lazada only for browsing, to see what is available and at what prices, but I don't order that way.

Edited by RLAretired

58 minutes ago, madmen said:

Thats pretty much normal for most online stores. Your payment is of course instant but theirs is usually weeks.

When Fly Dubai stopped flying out of Bangkok it took 6 months to get my airfare back

Yes I know its standard operating procedure, should not be bothered too much by it but still don't like it ????

• Like 2

Yesterday night i got my money back in my lazada wallet, as far as I know you can get that money back to your bank if you want. I have things to buy so its not needed. So I am happy i got it back, just took too long. Nothing was happening until i contacted support for the 2nd time this week. 

In general I have almost no problems with Lazada and will happily keep using it but mainly with COD.

Not a problem for me as I live in a home and the delivery guys seem to be able to find it easy. A call and then a bit later they are normally at my home with the product.

• Like 2

Just now, Beggar said:

There are some fraudsters on Lazada. I ordered something from Bangkok what was big enough to be delivered in a bigger box. Nothing arrived. When I complained it got delivered - just an envelope. I didn't accept it and sent it back. Was cash on delivery.

Sure I had that happen too, I ordered something that was quite heavy and got a small enveloppe. I did not accept it. But this was from China and given the price it was unlikely to be the product that I wanted. But i thought it might have been a knock off so I ordered anyway. When it arrived i told the post guy this could not be the item as it was too light. It was COD so nothing lost.

• Like 1

I have actually had pretty decent experiences with Lazada.

Once I ordered a digital camera (that was coming from China). Tracking showed it arrived and cleared Customs - then nothing.

A couple days after it was "overdue" - Lazada contacted me to ask if I wanted a refund (maybe they thought I'd might want to wait awhile longer to see if it eventually showed up). I told them to go ahead with the refund and it was done the next day (and appeared on my C/C 3 days later as per normal).

(I re-ordered a similar camera which also was shipped from China and it was delivered 8 days later I think it was. I was quite happy about that.)

A few weeks ago I tried ordering some Leather Conditioner from Lazada. Placed the order (paid with my C/C like I normally do) and a couple days later I get a notice from Lazada that the order was cancelled (they do that automatically if the vendor doesn't acknowledge or start processing the order within a couple days I guess) and they were processing my refund.

Tried ordering something else. Same story. 

My bad as I realized it was the same vendor. My C/C was credited with the refunds within a couple days.
Searched for some more products and most of them were listed by the same vendor.
Found one item from a different vendor, ordered it and it was delivered 3 days later.

Delivery times are generally within 3-4 days, depending on when I place the order and if the item is "in stock". Stuff being delivered within Thailand (usually coming from the Bangkok area) is quicker (obviously) than stuff that comes from "overseas".
I notice quite often that many of the things I'm ordering end up being "shipped from overseas" (even though that usually means "coming from China") and that can add a week to the delivery time no matter how you pay for it.
(Of course, if you order something on a Saturday afternoon, it may not get processed and shipped until Monday so it may not arrive until Thurs/Fri. Got to keep holidays in mind as well as the fact that many of the vendors are actually just little shops or single individuals with a few boxes of product that they are trying to flog online, not major warehouses or big businesses running 24/7.)

I always prepay using my C/C. That way I don't have to worry about the delivery guy showing up and suddenly I have to make an ATM run because I forgot to grab some cash earlier. Also, by having it prepaid, once in awhile the driver will show up when I'm not home and he'll toss the package into my carport. (Luckily they haven't done that with anything fragile. Yet !)

I don't think it makes a difference to the vendor if you prepay or use CoD because you aren't paying the vendor anyways. You are paying Lazada who then in turn credits the vendor. Either way, the faster they process the order, the faster they get their payment (from Lazada).

Some couriers will still call ahead before delivering. Usually happens when it's a larger item coming by truck. Of course, 90% of the time when they do phone we can't understand each other and after a couple confusing minutes the call ends and the driver shows up within 20-30 minutes.

The moto delivery guys generally just show up. Judging from the bags they have (or the bin on the back of the bike), they have a lot of deliveries in the general area any ways so it's not really out of their way if they go to an address and no one is home to sign for the package.

So, keep in mind where the item is coming from.

Keep in mind when you actually order the item.

Keep in mind that Lazada isn't likely to rip you off, but the vendors that use Lazada may not be reliable (you get what you pay for) !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

a couple days later I get a notice from Lazada that the order was cancelled (they do that automatically if the vendor doesn't acknowledge or start processing the order within a couple days I guess)

I see.  I believe my order will get cancelled as the vendor won't have the item in stock at that price. I think they just play games to get you to look at their website.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I see.  I believe my order will get cancelled as the vendor won't have the item in stock at that price. I think they just play games to get you to look at their website.

Could be. Maybe the more traffic their "store" gets the better deal they get with Lazada.

I've seen some people that deal on Lazada and literally, they have a few boxes of product (usually cosmetics or clothing items) that they've bought from somewhere else and are trying to resell. If they don't have an item, what they seem to do is wait for an order to come in, then run out to (wherever) to buy the item and then have it shipped to the customer as they don't have the space/money to keep everything in stock that they are advertising.

I'm sure that some vendors order in bulk from places like AliExpress as you get discounts (from many vendors on Ali) for bulk orders and often free shipping too.

For example, I bought a cheap digital watch from a vendor on Ali that cost a little under $5.00 US and free shipping. If I ordered 10, 50 or 100 of them I would get a discount (the larger the order, the larger the discount). Slap those babies on Lazada (or in your local market) and mark them up 100% and they'd be selling for around 300 baht each and you'd be doubling your money (or nearly so).
(The only hassle would be getting them through Customs but as we know, there are ways that can be done without costing an arm and a leg.)

One also has to consider that, as many of the vendors on places like Lazada are single individuals, maybe at some point they just give up and don't bother closing their "store" or deregistering their account. 

To me, it's just one of those things you kind of have to accept if you want to live in a place like this. You can go with other options (Amazon/eBay) and pay more for products that are (hopefully) better quality and (hopefully) get delivered without incurring too many additional costs (or delays). Or go with the cheaper (and usually faster) options like Lazada/AliExpress and hope you get something that actually works !

But, like Cosmonaut Lev Andropov was quoted as saying:
"Components. American components, Russian Components, ALL MADE IN TAIWAN!"
(From the movie Armageddon.)

• Like 1

I don't think Lazada  is getting worse, its always been total shit. They have no clue how to operate a professional operation, im really surprised that the CEO is a westerner, its not like he can't google his company and see the many complaints all over the internet - The genius move of removing their telephone number from the site then replacing it with a hidden text chat where the only language is Thai (last time I checked)

I see the whole Lazada experience as a test of patience now, I refuse to let it get to me any more.  They carry a lot more than I can source locally, its a lot less grief than going to a store and being followed around a store by salesman who know doobie-squat and its usually cheaper. I know, the order will arrive when it arrives, theres nothing I can do to speed these people up, when I need to return something, I make a note and eventually the money appears in my account.

They don't seem to have the sellers under control, you can order something from aliexpress at 10.00 pm, the next day before you wake there is a message from the seller with a tracking number. Lazada sellers (and Lazada) can take 3-5 days to process before dispatch, whilst some sellers can get things to you within 24 hours.

I wish there was a better alternative, Shopee is even worse!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Bang Bang said:

I'm still waiting for my refund, I was told to wait 40 odd days, why so long?

57 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

So spoke to Lazada customer service. Well disservice is probably more accurate

absolutely correct. I found them to be cowboys !  shit company really.

unprofessional and just pass the buck .....

solly .... you can contact the supplier .... bla .... bla 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RLAretired said:

"First Bad Lazada Experience"

I envy you, after many experiences, just now your first bad one.

I've had so many bad experiences that now rarely order on Lazada any more, but, instead use a  "work around" to get what I need.  Much better that way.  Recently, for a small kitchen appliance (sous-vide heater), seller offered free delivery "right now" by LaLaMove.  In about two hours, it was in my kitchen!!  A very good experience.  So now I use Lazada only for browsing, to see what is available and at what prices, but I don't order that way.

Can you PM the details and your experience in using it? As I've been thinking of getting one of those and you have jogged my memory.