BANGKOK
robblok

First bad Lazada experience

Sorry to hear this. I always prepay Lazada with my Visa card in order to not have to be around for the delivery and the few times I've returned something there was no problem, the refund showing up on my CC in less than a week.

I would guess in your case the reason was the seller's system was slow in informing Lazada of the cancellation. But then the question is didn't you cancel on your Lazada order page itself, why did you need to contact the seller?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bang Bang said:

Sorry to hear this. I always prepay Lazada with my Visa card in order to not have to be around for the delivery and the few times I've returned something there was no problem, the refund showing up on my CC in less than a week.

I would guess in your case the reason was the seller's system was slow in informing Lazada of the cancellation. But then the question is didn't you cancel on your Lazada order page itself, why did you need to contact the seller?

Contacted the seller who initiated cancellation and it stayed as initiated forever. Contacted support who would speed it up (nothing happened). Contacted them again and they changed the status but it will still take 10 days to get the money back.

Just confirms for me not to use anything else then COD.

4 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

You'll get your money back, it just takes a long time,

I can never do COD because I never know when they are going to come and half the time they deliver it to our friend's house on the other side of the village.

Do you pay by creditcard or mobile banking ? If by mobile banking can you get the money back from the lazada wallet to your bank ? (read it was possible just like to know for sure)

Just curious dont they call you before delivering. When i order stuff they call me in the morning half an hour before they deliver. 

• Like 2

Thats pretty much normal for most online stores. Your payment is of course instant but theirs is usually weeks.

When Fly Dubai stopped flying out of Bangkok it took 6 months to get my airfare back

just received on pc delivered  yesterday at me in person …? Nothing delivered yesterday or today ...as it was small item pay on delivery , asking clearing up this on their awful live chat (3 times  with tracking number ),and suddenly now not delivered anymore on tracking, but cancelled because ... "item lost " a Kerry delivery .

Before many things delivered by the motorbike delivery , always a phone call before and wen at entrance condo another call , those are worth the job and my tip

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, robblok said:

Do you pay by creditcard or mobile banking ? If by mobile banking can you get the money back from the lazada wallet to your bank ? (read it was possible just like to know for sure)

Just curious dont they call you before delivering. When i order stuff they call me in the morning half an hour before they deliver. 

Yeah, I put my wife's number on the account, so she gets the call but she rarely mentions it.  She's not being a jerk, she is easily distracted. :cheesy:

And I use a credit card, I don't know what the wallet is, I assume it is something I don't need.

Edited by canuckamuck
  • Like 1

I agree with going COD (if it's not too much of a hassle in your case)

every thing I have bought with credit card seemed to come later as well

at least, you know it will show up if it's COD

and if it won't show up, well you haven't paid anything

Posted (edited)

"First Bad Lazada Experience"

I envy you, after many experiences, just now your first bad one.

I've had so many bad experiences that now rarely order on Lazada any more, but, instead use a  "work around" to get what I need.  Much better that way.  Recently, for a small kitchen appliance (sous-vide heater), seller offered free delivery "right now" by LaLaMove.  In about two hours, it was in my kitchen!!  A very good experience.  So now I use Lazada only for browsing, to see what is available and at what prices, but I don't order that way.

Edited by RLAretired

58 minutes ago, madmen said:

Thats pretty much normal for most online stores. Your payment is of course instant but theirs is usually weeks.

When Fly Dubai stopped flying out of Bangkok it took 6 months to get my airfare back

Yes I know its standard operating procedure, should not be bothered too much by it but still don't like it 😀

• Like 2

Yesterday night i got my money back in my lazada wallet, as far as I know you can get that money back to your bank if you want. I have things to buy so its not needed. So I am happy i got it back, just took too long. Nothing was happening until i contacted support for the 2nd time this week. 

In general I have almost no problems with Lazada and will happily keep using it but mainly with COD.

Not a problem for me as I live in a home and the delivery guys seem to be able to find it easy. A call and then a bit later they are normally at my home with the product.

• Like 2