First bad Lazada experience

robblok

Have used Lazada successfully several times but...……….  I ordered 1 SET of 12 items and only one piece showed up.  Have the refund in my wallet but waiting to use.  Always use COD even with the hassle of having to be available for delivery.

42 minutes ago, robblok said:

I am sure Ebay has similar problems and so have other big market places. You can't expect perfection anywhere. 

I don't order any way as near as regularly as most of the posters seem to but have placed 4/5 small orders with Ebay recently and have been very impressed with the service.

I checked first with Lazada but found prices generally cheaper on Ebay. Shipping from China has been less than 14 days but of course no COD option. 

45 minutes ago, robblok said:

I am sure Ebay has similar problems and so have other big market places. You can't expect perfection anywhere. 

I bought many things on eBay. Some didn't work, some were fake, some were the wrong items. But in every single case I always got my money immediately refunded and never ever had to send anything back. What I am missing at eBay are product ratings. Here Amazon is great. 

19 minutes ago, Beggar said:

I bought many things on eBay. Some didn't work, some were fake, some were the wrong items. But in every single case I always got my money immediately refunded and never ever had to send anything back. What I am missing at eBay are product ratings. Here Amazon is great. 

I have had my problem with ebay too not better or worse then lazada. Especially Chinese sellers on Ebay are bad. Lost products really long delivery times ect. 

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Returns are free (collected from your nearest 7-11) and go directly to Lazada.

If it's fake, wrong or faulty, they just return your money, the seller is not involved in the process.

They accidently sent me an item twice and wanted me to pay for backshipping, i said no i am not paying for your mistakes...send me a return label and i drop it off at the next package shop.

It's still waiting since 3 months at our reception for pickup ????‍♂️

Lots of problems with customer service...Pay with credit card but if not in stock to get a Refund is a bad experience..Took 2 Hours just to get on the Chat room to file a complaint..Not good for a Company this size...

On 5/31/2019 at 12:12 PM, canuckamuck said:

You'll get your money back, it just takes a long time,

I can never do COD because I never know when they are going to come and half the time they deliver it to our friend's house on the other side of the village.

My experience with COD with Lazada is good. Every time I've ordered, son has ordered, son's wife has ordered we indicated COD. And every time they have called in advance to check if someone will be home. 

Question ;  so when the delivery guy turns up and I want to see the item before paying him,

I will need to cut open the carton,  I would want to see the item label ( it's a portable AC )

wouldn't I also want to see the unit working to ensure it starts ok and runs ok ???

or would that be asking too much ??

i use lazada ewery month about 100-200$ orden home lot tools, kitchen etc, newer not has big problem, only some post bag has broken and if has refun or not deliveri ,money go fast back to me account, normal refun money adding your wallet. good parts, cheapen than many other shop, easy orden. no hazzle newer. next week need again orden somethink, maybe big compressor now. if sometime have inspired paint wife old car new colour, i glad first guestion, headphones ower 5000 B ??? orden you gold covered heads or 1000 pcs sametime ? super4 expensive ,why pay lot one shit headphones because same stuff can buy 400 B

I have had a similar issue. I got a bad product and was told I have to wait to see if I can get a refund.

That I HAD TO RETURN THE ITEM.Not happy now almost a month later going to put my money in a wallet. NOT HAPPY TOO.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2019 at 11:35 AM, BritManToo said:

I've always thought that too!

Three COD deliveries this week, all exactly what I ordered and arrived in less than 3 days.

Lazada COD rocks if you have that option.  Second best is the 72 hour to pay for a bank transfer.  Man, can't do that in the US.  So convenient here.  I may criticize Thailand, but there are actually pros to living here.  I've said before.  Pros and Cons.  While the pros outweigh the cons I remain; when the cons outweigh the pros I leave.  Wish Lazada and Aliexpress had a better selection, but compared to Amazon?  Well, they get my business, Billionaire Benzo does not.  And I like their service so far.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2019 at 10:40 AM, robblok said:

IMHO best is to buy COD they seem to ship faster too when you use the COD option. 

Great point. Never thought about it that way. Also makes sense for expensive items you aren't willing to just give up on. The downside is keeping the cash around and delivery people knowing it.

But since I have to be at home to sign for the delivery regardless of prepay, I think I'll take your advice from now on.

The Wallet thing is a pain to prepay anyway.

Thanks for the logic.

• Like 1

I had a negative experience recently too. I ordered from China, never usually an issue, but on this occasion they hadnt even packed it etc after 1 week, I contacted Lazada and was told nothing could be done until the delivery period of 14 days has expired, even though I explained and logic could dictate that there was no way it was going to reach me now in the time stated and the seller had admitted in chat they had no stock !!!  I was told to provide a screenshot of the "chat" and they would refund.

Furthermore, if it was paid by debit card it can take up to 45 days !! to refund.

As I had used a credit card (multiple item purchase) it would be just 7 days. I claimed the refund and provided evidence of the chat. refund was processed within 3 days.

I will always try to source "in country" in future, and will opt for COD on most items and credit card on larger value/multiple purchases, at least if all else fails, I can just contact the card company and charge back if they drag their feet.

I find their refund policy and process unrealistic and not customer friendly at all.

My advice, as others have said, COD where possible and practical.

• Like 2

On 5/31/2019 at 10:40 AM, robblok said:

IMHO best is to buy COD they seem to ship faster too when you use the COD option.

That’s right,

COD always is the option that I pick. At least no worries regarding payment.

Edited by The Theory

18 hours ago, finnishmen said:

i use lazada ewery month about 100-200$ orden home lot tools, kitchen etc, newer not has big problem, only some post bag has broken and if has refun or not deliveri ,money go fast back to me account, normal refun money adding your wallet. good parts, cheapen than many other shop, easy orden. no hazzle newer. next week need again orden somethink, maybe big compressor now. if sometime have inspired paint wife old car new colour, i glad first guestion, headphones ower 5000 B ??? orden you gold covered heads or 1000 pcs sametime ? super4 expensive ,why pay lot one shit headphones because same stuff can buy 400 B

Not everyone likes the same kind of stuff, some of us like to buy quality and keep them a long time. The last set of this brand lasted me 5 years. These headphones are by no means expensive compared to others. These are nice good blue tooth headphones over ear. I am happy with them. Yes cheaper is available but my experience with buying cheap stuff is that you pay over and over again.

15 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I had a negative experience recently too. I ordered from China, never usually an issue, but on this occasion they hadnt even packed it etc after 1 week, I contacted Lazada and was told nothing could be done until the delivery period of 14 days has expired, even though I explained and logic could dictate that there was no way it was going to reach me now in the time stated and the seller had admitted in chat they had no stock !!!  I was told to provide a screenshot of the "chat" and they would refund.

Furthermore, if it was paid by debit card it can take up to 45 days !! to refund.

As I had used a credit card (multiple item purchase) it would be just 7 days. I claimed the refund and provided evidence of the chat. refund was processed within 3 days.

I will always try to source "in country" in future, and will opt for COD on most items and credit card on larger value/multiple purchases, at least if all else fails, I can just contact the card company and charge back if they drag their feet.

I find their refund policy and process unrealistic and not customer friendly at all.

My advice, as others have said, COD where possible and practical.

Yes refunding went slow though when it goes through the lazada Wallet it should be there in 2 business days. Problem was with me that something went wrong with the cancellation. 

What I have heard is that you can get the money from returns back from your lazada wallet to your bank. Not the top up saldo just the cancellations. The lazada wallet is real easy to activate. Beats 45 days on a credit card.

But for the amount of stuff I bought i find the hassle I had minimal. Still its never nice when it happens. 

when and if my ac turns up, should i open the carton before handing over 6k. should I plug it in to ensure it starts.

I bought a couple of 1 year unlimited sims from Lazada, the delivery guy was panicking when I opened the envelope and put the sim in the gf’s phone although we were prepared with her existing sim already out.
I showed him I had the money in my hand ( 2,490 baht ) and he relaxed [emoji41].
The mc delivery guys are always in a great rush, the large items guys probably have a lesser quota to deliver.
If you are prepared to test it, extension lead ready and waiting, I think they should be ok, if you want to disappear inside with the air conn they probably won’t be too happy.

“Time is money.”

Also show him you have cash in your hand.

“Cash is life “
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I bought a couple of 1 year unlimited sims from Lazada, the delivery guy was panicking when I opened the envelope and put the sim in the gf’s phone although we were prepared with her existing sim already out.
I showed him I had the money in my hand ( 2,490 baht ) and he relaxed emoji41.png.
The mc delivery guys are always in a great rush, the large items guys probably have a lesser quota to deliver.
If you are prepared to test it, extension lead ready and waiting, I think they should be ok, if you want to disappear inside with the air conn they probably won’t be too happy.

“Time is money.”

Also show him you have cash in your hand.

“Cash is life “

If anything you were lucky . They are not suppose to let customer open

or inspect goods prior to receiving payment 

Shopee is another alternative and cheaper , but the downside no English at all. With them, they hold the money until you mark it as received.

so if anything wrong with item , seller does not get paid and can not fo

the runner 

Yeah, he was definitely not happy at first but I knew if I paid him we wouldn’t see him for dust !!

Actually, was a bit of a waste of time as we had to register the sims at the True shop before verifying anyway .

1 hour ago, BestB said:

i think the AC is suppose to be left standing upright for a couple of hours before starting so i won't be able to switch on anyway .... but i certainly want to see the item free standing before paying.

Had also a bad experience with Lazada seller.

The product in the picture looked suitable for me.

???????????? Paid 6990

I got something that I dont want to bother you with details. But I could better have bought a simple tablet\

in a proper shop for about up to 2000 Baht.

So now I am spending so much time in the process of returning this thing.

It is a long and time consuming process.

And then I ask myself how and when will I meet my money back. 

The lesson I learned? It is obvious.

If you have any piece of advice - I'll be glad to have.

H

IMG_20190601_065641.thumb.jpg.a72615a8df78aa4235331b364e4c9173.jpg

• Thanks 1

Funny thing, after receiving the money back in my lazada wallet I ordered some 15 kg weights plates for my gym. They were delivered on a Sunday (first time I see Thai post delivering on Sunday was not Kerry). 

So this was not COD but from Lazada wallet and it went fast too. So it might just be a feeling about COD going faster. Still I won't be paying ahead just too risky.

• Like 1