Convenient way to report foreigners staying in your property, say immigration

webfact

Convenient way to report foreigners staying in your property, say immigration

9pm.jpg

Ubon Ratchathani Immigration posted what they said was a convenient way for home owners and other property owners to report the presence of a foreigner staying within 24 hours. 

This could be done via mobile phone Android and IOS. 

People were advised to search for "Section 38" which refers to the part of the Immigration Act of 1979 that pertains to this issue. 

Their post featured a screenshot of a mobile app. 

The description for the app on the Google Play Store reads:

"Application provider of Immigration Bureau - According to section 38 of the 1979 immigration act, "House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national via Mobile Application"

Source: Immigration Ubon

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IF this works, great. 

However, some ThaiVisa posters have reported that the online Webpage for TM30 has some problems. 

In my experience these online government Apps never work, the 'DLT checkIn' App to report cheating taxi's etc has never worked !!... 

So.. It will be very interesting to see if this works throughout the country and if so its an excellent step forwards, but I'll not hold my breath just yet. 

"House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national via Mobile Application"

So theres really no need for a foreigner to report themselves, it implies?

I have done this for years using a browser on my PC. This has been for reporting myself living in my own condo.

I downloaded the app and logged in using my old login name and password and everything seems to work fine, well done.

7 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

"House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national via Mobile Application"

Will you get a return printable receipt to stick in the back of your passport?

8 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

not if the  House owners, heads of household, landlords or manager  does it ON TIME and  gives you a copy showing the notification.     The law sounds easy.... the application of it is VAST  ( like hundreds of pages of theads on thaivisa.  Find out what WORKS  in your individual case or risk problems

This is only for people who own a property where a foreigner is staying, for any length of time.

The foreigner staying at the place do not need to have a copy of this and is not in any way responsible for doing this. It's all up to the owner of the property.

The three cases when it will involve the foreigner is:

1. If a foreigner is living in his own condo he has to do this every time he returns from a trip outside Thailand.

2. If a foreigner is living in a condo or house, owned by his wife, his wife has to do this.

3. If a foreigner is renting out a property to another foreigner he has to do this.

20 minutes ago, pattjock said:

I have done this for years using a browser on my PC. This has been for reporting myself living in my own condo.

I downloaded the app and logged in using my old login name and password and everything seems to work fine, well done.

What's the name of the actual app in the Google Play Store?

Can you post a link to the app, since the OP article and the accompanying FB page don't seem to have one.

Definitely a step forward.

This is an interesting statement "House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals' 

So the usual case where you go and crash with friends for a few days or weeks or maybe you just hook up and they are renting the property and landlord has no need nor interest in knowing this every time, as the landlord themselves is not 'accommodating' you, nothing needs to be declared?.  

Not sure I can describe my mrs as particularly accommodating, so guess we are okay then.

28 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

What is the use of this information? Why does the police need to know everywhere I am at all times? Are foreigners a danger to Thai's?

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes, we are. We steal their women, take all the jobs and have more money and better education than them.

Wouldn't you be scared ???? ????

19 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Can you post a link to the app, since the OP article and the accompanying FB page don't seem to have one.

As per OP the name of the app is Section 38. Just search for this in the app store.

20 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The app is called "Section38" and is to be found at Play Store.

There's also an app now for TM6 papers (eTM6) and 90 day reports (Immigration services) from the same author.

They are prolly all legit and make life easier - if they will work. 

But i DO HAVE ONE BURNING QUESTION: WHY U NOT PUT ALL OF THESE FEATURES IN A SINGLE APP?

34 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

still waiting for the user name and password two weeks after registering, IT is not a Thai strength

I got it within 4 days:
"The staff has already approved the registration. You can use the accommodation notification system.
By using the name and password to access the system below
USER: xxB00xxx
PASSWORD: xx3xx

When you use PASSWORD that the system sends to login, the system will force the PASSWORD to be changed. Please change PASSWORD to use in the next time."

9 minutes ago, fertilizer said:

The app is called "Section38" and is to be found at Play Store.

If your google country setting is something else than Thailand this app do not show..

Country setting can be changed one time per year, so keep that on your mind if you travel a lot..

11 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

There's also an app now for TM6 papers (eTM6) and 90 day reports (Immigration services) from the same author.

They are prolly all legit and make life easier - if they will work. 

But i DO HAVE ONE BURNING QUESTION: WHY U NOT PUT ALL OF THESE FEATURES IN A SINGLE APP?

Better  still why don't  you scrap all the apps  and forget all 3.

26 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Yes, we are. We steal their women, take all the jobs and have more money and better education than them.

Wouldn't you be scared ???? ????

I feel somehow, given your fantasy message, that you don't get to "steal" many women

58 minutes ago, pattjock said:

what url do u use?

34 minutes ago, pattjock said:

This is only for people who own a property where a foreigner is staying, for any length of time.

The foreigner staying at the place do not need to have a copy of this and is not in any way responsible for doing this. It's all up to the owner of the property.

The three cases when it will involve the foreigner is:

1. If a foreigner is living in his own condo he has to do this every time he returns from a trip outside Thailand.

2. If a foreigner is living in a condo or house, owned by his wife, his wife has to do this.

3. If a foreigner is renting out a property to another foreigner he has to do this.

That's all well and good unless your landlord - like mine - does not, will not or cannot do it and immigration wants a copy of the TM30 receipt for a 90-day report or for an extension of stay or for a visa application. All 3 of which has happened to me in the last 6 months. I had to get a PoA from the landlord's accountant, go to CW myself, pay his 2,000 baht fine and get the receipt - OR I guess I could have reported him and gotten thrown out of my house. 

3 minutes ago, pattjock said:

URL have changed a few times over the years, at the moment it is:

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

Thanks. Now that this well hidden url is out, let's see how long it lasts under the load. So nice of immigration to keep it under the lid, much nicer to go get milked at the dedicated Chonburi immi room.

Archived