Convenient way to report foreigners staying in your property, say immigration

webfact

On 6/28/2019 at 6:36 PM, Fortunate1 said:

I’ve just checked out the app on Playstore and there are a couple of permissions that caught my eye:

Storage

Read contents of your SD card

Modify or delete the contents of your SD card

Brought to mind an image of a room full of IO s trawling through countless phones looking for content that they who must be obeyed object to.

Probably for uploading images, but yeah, I wouldn't trust a Thai app to be non-spying. Use a burner phone with a generic Google account.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, trevoromgh said:

Thanks but just checked again and it's still not there.  Perhaps you have to be in Thailand (which I'm not at the moment) for it to be found or on a specific version of Android for it to appear on Google Play.  Can you possibly tell me what version of Android it needs please?

It is only listed on Google Play for Thailand. You can however download as an apk (same app) from where you are.

https://apkpure.com/section38/th.go.immigration.section38

44 minutes ago, fertilizer said:

It is only listed on Google Play for Thailand. You can however download as an apk (same app) from where you are.

I'll just put in a friendly reminder, 3rd party apk's require you to allow the android OS to install it. The reason being they have not been vetted by Google and/or may be modified version with possible malware. Use a burner phone or even an android emulator on a PC. Caveat emptor.

On 5/31/2019 at 1:06 PM, luckyluke said:

Not really, Thai's don't like "Second Hand" ladies. 

We usually don't care, even prepare to accept the kids too. 

LoL, without the pesty farangs the second hand market would collapse.????????????

On 5/31/2019 at 12:31 PM, pattjock said:

I have done this for years using a browser on my PC. This has been for reporting myself living in my own condo.

I downloaded the app and logged in using my old login name and password and everything seems to work fine, well done.

You should open up online classes and teach the masses, considering all the whining you'd make a mint.. 

11 hours ago, fertilizer said:

Aah many thanks for confirming my suspicion I'll download from there and register my wifes' details ready for when we return to Thailand.   Hope it works well though I see another story has appeared so maybe that changes things.

Archived