BANGKOK
webfact

Convenient way to report foreigners staying in your property, say immigration

8 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Take extreme care when installing 3rd party apps that haven't been vetted by Google. You've been warned.

Google will warn you.

You have to agree to accept the installation. 

I'm on Android 9 and Samsung security 9.5 Galaxy S8 plus, and it actually scans the app after warning you. 

Nice innit?

so If I own condos.....one in Pattaya (which I live in most of the time) and one, say Hua Hin, and i decide to go to condo in Hua Hin for a weeks holiday....WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO??

19 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

What is the use of this information? Why does the police need to know everywhere I am at all times? Are foreigners a danger to Thai's?

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Absolutely! - We threaten their very existence!  Stealing their jobs, their women, their land - - - - Oh Wait! - - They already have laws in place to stop all that.

But it's OK if you're Chinese!

4 minutes ago, essox essox said:

so If I own condos.....one in Pattaya (which I live in most of the time) and one, say Hua Hin, and i decide to go to condo in Hua Hin for a weeks holiday....WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO??

Technically you would be required to report at each place but in practice, If you wont be having any business with Hua Hin immigration, dont bother reporting there. 

17 hours ago, Cheops said:

Really? Then why do you need to fill in the address where you will be staying on the arrival card? Do they just want to know you actually made it back home through the traffic in Bangkok? 555

You could could probably ask the same “ why” about many things here that don’t make sense such as when the bank book is full and you want a new one why you have to virtually bring all the same documents you used to open the original account.

Re the original question here in Chiang Mai Province if you leave the country even cross the border into Burma for half a day you have to re notify your address using the TM 30 form.

I have given up trying to work out the logic of many things as there isn’t any, easier to go with the flow.

All three apps (TM6, TM47 and TM30) are up on the PlayStore, but maybe only find-able if you have a THL Playstore account. Just logout of GMAIL, then search, or use a different browser, maybe create a new local account?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Immigration+Bureau

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.section38

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.immeService

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.etm6

The APKs are available for down/side-load. Just search for the app name +apk. Example "Section38 APK". You will have to enable Install Unknown Apps - THIS CAN BE DANGEROUS SO PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU INFORM YOURSELF BEFORE DOING THIS - (Android 9: Apps & notification, Advanced, Special App Access, Install unknown apps).

I'm personally not touching these things, will let others blaze the trail.

FWIW it looks like the TM6 and TM47 apps are available to ALL - which makes sense obviously, just the TM30 (Section38) app which seems restricted to local THL usage.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The app is called Section 38
It's a huge app imho 68 megabytes. Can't see why it is so huge when all it's doing is plugging into the immigration database.

Sent from my abacus using Tapatalk

• Like 2

My immigration office told me I must report each time I change where I stay for the night. They told me that I needed to report twice every week in my case.
That is the rule, if you choose to follow them.

In Thailand goal posts have wheels

10 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

There’s just no logical, stress LOGICAL reason for suddenly enforcing this old law. It’s cumbersome, ineffective and pointless. All it does is create extra work for everyone. Of course there’s the revenue to consider even that’s an end result of the extra work. We’re often given reasons to feel unwelcome and disrespected by the “powers” and if it wasn’t for the many decent Thai people I interact daily I may well consider moving on.

If you get involved with other government departments you will find that most of them also have cumbersome, ineffective and pointless procedures which apply to Thai people as well.

Had a friend buy a car from another province required a 150 km trip to the DLT head office in Chiang Mai and a several hour wait to transfer the details to him then another visit a few days later and another long wait for the car to be physically checked.

Cannot do it all on the same day and cannot do it at the local DLT office where they will do the transfer and check the car If was bought in the same province ( Chiang  Mai ) same procedure for Thai people

I have been involved with my wife with other government departments and   these are matters that are not for me and they are exactly the same.

The only exception is the Thai passport office where after two visits for my wife and daughter  found them very efficient and helpful

You could could probably ask the same “ why” about many things here that don’t make sense such as when the bank book is full and you want a new one why you have to virtually bring all the same documents you used to open the original account.
Re the original question here in Chiang Mai Province if you leave the country even cross the border into Burma for half a day you have to re notify your address using the TM 30 form.
I have given up trying to work out the logic of many things as there isn’t any, easier to go with the flow.
My immigration office requires ne to file a new TM30 after each trip away from my normal home address. Even internally within Thailand

I hate the word "Foreigner", I the West, anyone looking Asian is described as an "Asian" unless we know

where they come from, then we say, he/she is Thai, Japanese, Korean, etc...

In Thailand I prefer the word Farang, which sounds more like someone living here and it's friendlier!

• Confused 1

Some off topic posts meant to deflect the topic have been removed. Topic is about Thailand not other countries.

16 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Same here. I tried on my PC with both a Thai and then a U.S. IP address... I tried on my U.S. purchased Android phone and then on my Thai purchased Android phone, both with recent OS versions. And no dice on any of those... Got the same incompatible message on all....

The only common thread among all those devices, AFAIK, is they all have non-Thai based Google accounts...

Pretty smart of Thai Immigration to create an Android app for TM30 reporting in Thailand, and then configure it so it can't be accessed by non Thai Google accounts!!!!   Unless, of course, they only meant it to be used by Thai owners/landlords.

Why would Thai immigration design an app which is only required for use within Thailand to be usable for those outside Thailand.  It is a Thai system for Thais and others living here, not for foreigners who bring in their foreign phones.  It is up to the outsider to fit in with the local system not the other way round.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Why would Thai immigration design an app which is only required for use within Thailand to be usable for those outside Thailand.  It is a Thai system for Thais and others living here, not for foreigners who bring in their foreign phones.  It is up to the outsider to fit in with the local system not the other way round.
Many owners of property in Thailand live overseas. Particularly the Chinese

1 minute ago, Toany said:

Many owners of property in Thailand live overseas. Particularly the Chinese

So it's up to them to find out how to use the local system.