BANGKOK
webfact

Convenient way to report foreigners staying in your property, say immigration

12 minutes ago, Hockeybik said:

That's all well and good unless your landlord - like mine - does not, will not or cannot do it and immigration wants a copy of the TM30 receipt for a 90-day report or for an extension of stay or for a visa application. All 3 of which has happened to me in the last 6 months. I had to get a PoA from the landlord's accountant, go to CW myself, pay his 2,000 baht fine and get the receipt - OR I guess I could have reported him and gotten thrown out of my house. 

Never heard of immigration requesting this. What you do need in these three cases is proof of residence address like a phone bill, internet bill or rental contract. I guess a copy of the TM30 could be used as well if nothing else is available.

Never heard of immigration requesting this. What you do need in these three cases is proof of residence address like a phone bill, internet bill or rental contract. I guess a copy of the TM30 could be used as well if nothing else is available.
Bangkok immigration wants all of that:
Housebook
Title deed
Id copy

Imoossible todo if your landlord doesn't cooperate it seems.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, fertilizer said:

The app is called "Section38" and is to be found at Play Store.

Can anybody confirm that it's available on the IPhone before i go about creating yet another Apple Store account to add to my US, UK & SG ones

It's stupid how Apple restricts apps to certain countries 😞

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, pattjock said:

As per OP the name of the app is Section 38. Just search for this in the app store.

Wow... quite a catchy and informative title for the app... I'm sure everyone will know exactly what that one is about!!!! :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

exactly what I was looking for, for people who can't install it because it says wrong country (or whatever) you can get the apk file by using something like apkpure (can google that) and then opening the file on your phone, you will probably have to go modify your settings to let your phone launch the files.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Can anybody confirm that it's available on the IPhone before i go about creating yet another Apple Store account to add to my US, UK & SG ones

It's stupid how Apple restricts apps to certain countries 😞

It's not Apple, it's also restricted on google playstore. It's what the developer decided. 

Easiest thing todo for google playstore is to make a new account based in thailand. You can ad as many as you want to the playstore at the same time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pattjock said:

If a foreigner is living in his own condo he has to do this every time he returns from a trip outside Thailand.

Really? Then why do you need to fill in the address where you will be staying on the arrival card? Do they just want to know you actually made it back home through the traffic in Bangkok? 555

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, pattjock said:

BKK CW Immigration has begun requiring TM30s in many or all cases when people go to do their annual extensions of stay process if they've had an out of the country trip during the year.... and fining those who don't have them.

Other offices already had been requiring TM30s before BKK began doing so in the past year or so...though I gather, the enforcement of this is still variable around the country.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, pattjock said:

I have done this for years using a browser on my PC. This has been for reporting myself living in my own condo.

I downloaded the app and logged in using my old login name and password and everything seems to work fine, well done.

I searched on Thai Immigration Section 38 and TM30 App in a large variety of ways but could not find any app...how did you locate it?.... never mind...I failed to read all of the posts and now see there is one which lists the location of the app!

Edited by Lee4Life

1 minute ago, Cheops said:

Really? Then why do you need to fill in the address where you will be staying on the arrival card? Do they just want to know you actually made it back home through the traffic in Bangkok? 555

You're asking a logical question. There is no logic in how, where and why Immigration enforces its rules.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MRToMRT said:

"House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national via Mobile Application"

So theres really no need for a foreigner to report themselves, it implies?

The legal burden of reporting is on the owner of the building, not the occupant. Always been that way. Of course, if the owner can't be bothered/doesn't know how.....