Jump to content

Convenient way to report foreigners staying in your property, say immigration


webfact

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

IF this works, great. 

 

However, some ThaiVisa posters have reported that the online Webpage for TM30 has some problems. 

In my experience these online government Apps never work, the 'DLT checkIn' App to report cheating taxi's etc has never worked !!... 

 

So.. It will be very interesting to see if this works throughout the country and if so its an excellent step forwards, but I'll not hold my breath just yet. 

I'm with you hear buddy. It seems strange that the internet hit of ASEAN cannot get any of its governmental application to function. I wonder what the non-hub countries must be like? Terrible I bet, that Singapore for example, I bet nothing works there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Not a good idea. The authorities will want at least 100,000 baht per bracelet.

Brilliant idea. Also make farangs pay for the 90 day parole appointment. More feed in the trough. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

"Application provider of Immigration Bureau - According to section 38 of the 1979 immigration act, "House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national via Mobile Application"

 

What about the illegal ones?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pattjock said:

This is only for people who own a property where a foreigner is staying, for any length of time.

 

The foreigner staying at the place do not need to have a copy of this and is not in any way responsible for doing this. It's all up to the owner of the property.

 

The three cases when it will involve the foreigner is:

 

1. If a foreigner is living in his own condo he has to do this every time he returns from a trip outside Thailand.

 

2. If a foreigner is living in a condo or house, owned by his wife, his wife has to do this.

 

3. If a foreigner is renting out a property to another foreigner he has to do this.

 

If this an immigration law, and we complete an immigration form when entering the country that demands to know the address we are staying at in Thailand, why does immigration then also need my wife to tell them that I have arrived at the address I have already given them?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Brilliant idea. Also make farangs pay for the 90 day parole appointment. More feed in the trough. 

Are you an Immigration mole?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pattjock said:

This is only for people who own a property where a foreigner is staying, for any length of time.

 

The foreigner staying at the place do not need to have a copy of this and is not in any way responsible for doing this. It's all up to the owner of the property.

 

The three cases when it will involve the foreigner is:

 

1. If a foreigner is living in his own condo he has to do this every time he returns from a trip outside Thailand.

 

2. If a foreigner is living in a condo or house, owned by his wife, his wife has to do this.

 

3. If a foreigner is renting out a property to another foreigner he has to do this.

This is absolutely true according to the rules. The problem is that neither the IO or the house owner no about this, so you have to do it yourself. For five years I have tried to explain exactly this to two IO;s and my wife, as we live half the year in the south and a half in my wife's house in the north, but none beliefs me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bangkok Barry said:

 

If this an immigration law, and we complete an immigration form when entering the country that demands to know the address we are staying at in Thailand, why does immigration then also need my wife to tell them that I have arrived at the address I have already given them?

In case you have done a runner to your mia noi instead.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

"House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national via Mobile Application"

 

So theres really no need for a foreigner to report themselves, it implies?

 

I believe this is correct - The onus is on whoever allows the foreigner to stay at the address, not the foreigner themselves.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TonyR101 said:

I believe this is correct - The onus is on whoever allows the foreigner to stay at the address, not the foreigner themselves.

 

but if you stay with your Thai wife you are probably the head of household. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...