Convenient way to report foreigners staying in your property, say immigration

webfact

Might have already met the quotas for those particular nationalities.

From what I recall for the UK way back 15 years ago it was 12 or 15 per annum.

Might have changed now.

I have a friend that claims he can do it for a fee. I will ask him for an update. In this case I know someone that used him and got it, so hence my curiousity.
Then why did they test him and let them sing the anthem, which u don't even need to if it's based on marriage. Thai logic ;( but would be cool if u can get nore info, yes please let me Know.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Citizenship is a dream these days, 

3/3 of my friends got declined last year... Don't assume you will get it.

These are all guys with 1)perfect thai language skills 2) hiso thai wifes 3) successful businesses in bangkok 4) 2 of them german, 1 from the USA, all of them here for q long time already 

They just don't want to give passports out imo. 

Maybe they are scared of successful people with hiso Thai wives. Do they have kids and are they long time married? I have 2 kids which might make a difference, but then again you never know. I do speak Thai but that's not a requirement, although of course it helps in the process. 

Were their applications declined or accepted but after a few years the citizenship was not awarded? Just curious to now. Thanks

Maybe they are scared of successful people with hiso Thai wives. Do they have kids and are they long time married? I have 2 kids which might make a difference, but then again you never know. I do speak Thai but that's not a requirement, although of course it helps in the process.   

Were their applications declined or accepted but after a few years the citizenship was not awarded? Just curious to now. Thanks

Yes kids and all at least 10 years married, i think the issue could very well be Bangkok and that it might be easier in smaller towns too.  

They were accepted and then had to go there to present, sing the anthem and everything was in thai btw.

Local police is one of the parties joining in on that... Btw

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Toany said:

I use the apps on a Huawei phone

In Thailand goal posts have wheels

Lucky you- MY phone says it is incompatible. I have also corrected my spelling error.

On 6/1/2019 at 2:11 PM, DrTuner said:

Found it, not sure where my google account is "located". The TM6 is of interest, I'm going out and coming back in a couple of weeks so I'll see if the dude at the elite counter in swampy knows anything about it. Will still fill a normal TM6 in the plane as can't trust these things to work. No idea how you're supposed to get the part of TM6 you staple to the passport when using the app. 

Look for "eTM6 immigration bureau" in play store.

EDIT: a-ha, you still need to print it out using your own printer. While I actually do have a battery operated portable HP printer to do this, I think I'm one in 1000000 that's got such a thing.

Screenshot_20190601-141238.thumb.png.9c788d77fb22c036804d72f21768f511.png

Ok i played guinea pig.

It didn't work. Can't complete the last step, says "Your data is invalid. Please check your data gain!" 

Yeah right sherlock - first of all no data is wrong, the only thing that was wrong was i used the inbuilt scanner which messed up my passport no. - of course i corrected that.

Second... IF there's something wrong, tell me WHAT. Giving back errors that don't tell you whats wrong is so useless...

56 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Ok i played guinea pig.

It didn't work. Can't complete the last step, says "Your data is invalid. Please check your data gain!" 

Yeah right sherlock - first of all no data is wrong, the only thing that was wrong was i used the inbuilt scanner which messed up my passport no. - of course i corrected that.

Second... IF there's something wrong, tell me WHAT. Giving back errors that don't tell you whats wrong is so useless...

Typically Thailand! So typical...wouldn't expect anything else. Doubtful it works for anyone...seriously. Big Joke has never been so apropos! 

On 5/31/2019 at 2:08 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

BKK CW Immigration has begun requiring TM30s in many or all cases when people go to do their annual extensions of stay process if they've had an out of the country trip during the year.... and fining those who don't have them.

Other offices already had been requiring TM30s before BKK began doing so in the past year or so...though I gather, the enforcement of this is still variable around the country.

But bot my wife and I take multiple entry re-entry stamps when we do our annual extensions, and we both make many trips in and out of Thailand, never ever has immigration at CW asked for TM 30. We're staying in our own condo and have never reported ourselves each time getting back.

On 5/31/2019 at 1:39 PM, pattjock said:

URL have changed a few times over the years, at the moment it is:

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

When you go on this site, it says "Login for FN hotel"; so obviously it's for owners of hotels/ guest houses who're using commercial premises, not for owners living in self owned condos?

But bot my wife and I take multiple entry re-entry stamps when we do our annual extensions, and we both make many trips in and out of Thailand, never ever has immigration at CW asked for TM 30. We're staying in our own condo and have never reported ourselves each time getting back.
That is what you did in the past. It has no bearing on what will happen next visit

1 hour ago, captpkapoor said:

I never had done a TM30 before either in many years of living here and traveling in and out of Thailand while using CW as my local Immigration office....

But I guess I took the hint when CW earlier this year established a new desk section of officers just to process TM30s and receive fine payments from expats who had to pay them, after their extension processing officers refused to process their extensions until they either produced a TM30 or paid the fine for not having one and then provided the TM30.

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 10:22 PM, MRToMRT said:

"House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national via Mobile Application"

So theres really no need for a foreigner to report themselves, it implies?

The foreigner may be the house owner.  That is the issue that some foreigners keep bringing up, exactly how and when and where to report their movements or return to their own place, even if just from another province and a short time away.

The foreigner may be the house owner.  That is the issue that some foreigners keep bringing up, exactly how and when and where to report their movements or return to their own place, even if just from another province and a short time away.
I think you will find that unless a TM30 has been filed on your movements, you will not get an extention or be able to do a 90 days report unless you pay a fine and complete a TM 30. Immigration ignore the fact that it is not your duty. They are only interested in getting their money at CW. Other Immigration Offices may treat this differently.

25 minutes ago, Toany said:

They are only interested in getting their money at CW. Other Immigration Offices may treat this differently.

Think all Immigration offices are only interested in money.

it a businesses, with loads of cash coming in every day.

Foreigner, get your money out,  or get out.

16 hours ago, captpkapoor said:

"The Immigration Bureau at Chaengwattana first announced the new enforcement regime for these long-standing regulations regarding the “Notification of Residence of Foreigners (Form TM30)” that went into immediate implementation on 28th March 2019. "  - Hastily enforced TM30 in Thailand sows widespread confusion :  http://www.pkfthailand.asia/news/news/hastily-enforced-tm30-in-thailand-sows-widespread-confusion/

TM30 (or TM30 app) is not for you guys to report yourself, its for the house master/hotel owner to fill when foreigners live there (their requirement, not ours)

TM28 is supposed to be our requirement to fill

both forms are available in the linked post above.

to be honest, I have been to the police station once with a TM28 and they had no idea where to even begin with this, apparently because there was only one guy that had access to stamping immigration stuff and he was off for the day

I was taken upstairs because they only had one person who spoke English, mostly wasted my time for about 30 minutes

funny enough, that police lady helper ended up presenting me me with a bunch of female students and told me i could choose one

I didn't.

1 minute ago, kekalot said:

TM30 (or TM30 app) is not for you guys to report yourself, its for the house master/hotel owner to fill when foreigners live there (their requirement, not ours)

to be honest, I have been to the police station once with a TM28 and they had no idea where to even begin with this, apparently because there was only one guy that had access to stamping immigration stuff and he was off for the day

I was taken upstairs because they only had one person who spoke English, mostly wasted my time for about 30 minutes

funny enough, that police lady helper ended up presenting me me with a bunch of female students and told me i could choose one

I didn't.

Which IO is that?!? I I'm moving there! ???? ????

I didn't.
The TM30 might be the duty od the owner, landlord or Hotel to complete.
But it is you that may not be able to complete your 90 day or extension without it being filed. It is also you that will be asked to pay a fine. It has happened to people before.

Just now, Toany said:

The TM30 might be the duty od the owner, landlord or Hotel to complete.
But it is you that may not be able to complete your 90 day or extension without it being filed. It is also you that will be asked to pay a fine. It has happened to people before.

old lady here couldn't do the TM30 as she wasn't the owner and the owner in Bangkok didn't want nothing to do with paperwork regarding subrent

that's why I had to fill my TM28.

owner itself would get in trouble for not doing TM30, i still got the paper in my passport

• 3 weeks later...

So are we saying if i go to Pattaya with the Mrs for a few days that she has to do a TM30 as soon as we arrive home, and that when we stay with the daughter in her rented condo in BKK the owner of condo has to report ??? Xx

So are we saying if i go to Pattaya with the Mrs for a few days that she has to do a TM30 as soon as we arrive home, and that when we stay with the daughter in her rented condo in BKK the owner of condo has to report ??? Xx
The rules state that you must be reported, using a TM30 each time you stay in a different location. So the rules say yes.

Without a crystal ball I can't say how your Immigration Officer will apply the rules. Or if he will apply them at all.

You are unlikely to have any problems unless you have to go to immigration.

If you hand in your passport at a hotel, they will probably complete a TM30 on you. Which may require your wife to complete one on your return. If you don't hand in your passport, do nothing.

If nobody files a TM30 when you stay in Bangkok, you do not need to file one on your return.

Only your immigration officer can tell you how he will apply the rules today. Tomorrow may be different.

I’ve just checked out the app on Playstore and there are a couple of permissions that caught my eye:

Storage

Read contents of your SD card

Modify or delete the contents of your SD card

Brought to mind an image of a room full of IO s trawling through countless phones looking for content that they who must be obeyed object to.

• 2 months later...

I have been to the Google Play library and the TM30 App no longer appears to be listed and the only two from the 'Immigration Bureau' found were for the TM6 and 90 day reporting.  Anyone know where the TM30 app went or has it been discontinued?

Thanks but just checked again and it's still not there.  Perhaps you have to be in Thailand (which I'm not at the moment) for it to be found or on a specific version of Android for it to appear on Google Play.  Can you possibly tell me what version of Android it needs please?

Archived