BANGKOK
Whip Me Granny

Are you married to a Thai woman – Any Snippets of Advice .

34 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

BTW, how do they check their partner's phones when they can't read Thai?

I have a translation ap on my phone that works great for text. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I have a translation ap on my phone that works great for text. 

An great translation app to wich language? 

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

Sorry, but if anyone feels the need to examine their partners phone and get it translated etc, its already over! The trust has gone and been replaced with suspicion. Dont delude yourself.

I was responding to a question another poster had about how do you check a woman's phone if you don't read Thai.  I use the app for lots of things while shopping or reading messages in the rest room.  I've had a number of relationships in Thailand and got used to counting the money in my wallet at night and in the morning to see if the amount was the same.  Better safe than sorry and the only being I trust is my dog. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Tagged said:

An great translation app to wich language? 

Translates from Thai to English and many other languages, camera, handwriting, conversation, voice.

gtran.png

Edited by marcusarelus

18 hours ago, Whip Me Granny said:

What would your advice be , what after all Your years of being married to a Thai woman , in your personal opinion makes a successful long term marriage work

Are you writing a dissertation or something?  tens of thousands of books written on how to "make marriage work" "successful marriages"  Maybe Thai women on the average are different than european or american women, yet as statistics show - all marriages seem to have around a 50-50 chance. 

As one intelligent poster here has mentioned many times (do not see him on this thread yet), Summarizing:  take your time, get to know the person, do not rush into marriage, etc... 

Same info for anyone anywhere who has that incomprehensible need to make a relationship "official" and get a "certificate"  to make it "legal" .  Marriage does not always make a relationship more loving or caring, yet one advantage in Thailand is you can keep 400,000 baht in the bank instead of 800,000 baht if retired.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Translates from Thai to English and many other languages, camera, handwriting, conversation, voice.

gtran.png

I wish you good luck with trusting that one 😄

have you become any wiser by the time using it? 

The day I have check my gf¨s phone, I will leave here.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Don't get married. My GF and I are 8 years into a good relationship.

Look after the good ones well, and they will look after you even better. The trick is to find a good one.

If you are over 60, fathering children is not a good idea. Teenagers when you are in your seventies, and luk kreungs to boot?

Leave 80% of your assets in your country of origin.

Apologies if that doesn't fit within your template; however, you were asking for advice.

I agree, my partner and I live together for 13 years, We will never marry and the relationship is negotiable and positive. She doesnt want any more kids ( made that mistake once 23 years ago with a Thai, he did a runner after 6 months). Her honesty is about money; tells me if we are not married she cant get to my money; but once married all my money is hers.

26 years already, living 20 years in my homeland, and now 6 years in isaan, even all is not perfect, we continue to love each other I hope for many others years

• Like 2

Take care - the culture is a big difference if she is is really thai. Only few you really can trust, and the Government do what they like and don`t care about us. 

There are way too many tips that I can give... but let me add this... 

first, there are plenty of us who had first marriages in our own country where languages were in common, that had problems... more important than words are actions and intent...

people change, relationships change too... no guarantee that anything will remain the same. 

check out the family first - old adage about apple not falling far from the tree.. 

ps - I have a village wedding, about 18 years ago.. 

20 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Don't get married. My GF and I are 8 years into a good relationship.

Look after the good ones well, and they will look after you even better. The trick is to find a good one.

If you are over 60, fathering children is not a good idea. Teenagers when you are in your seventies, and luk kreungs to boot?

Leave 80% of your assets in your country of origin.

Apologies if that doesn't fit within your template; however, you were asking for advice.

great advise...its such a pity that so many 'mature' farlang men, cant use this type of common sense...