BANGKOK
Whip Me Granny

Are you married to a Thai woman – Any Snippets of Advice .

On 5/31/2019 at 2:56 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Best advice- don't have a legal marriage. If she insists on being married have a village wedding, which you can walk away from when it all goes wrong, and it will. 50% or western marriages fail, so why would farang men think one to a Thai woman with all the cultural stuff as well will be more successful.

If one gets married legally, she has you for everything she can get out of you, and if she manages to get a child by you, you are the meal ticket for life.

If one does get married, never pay for property, as you can't take that with you. Only buy things that you can use, and can afford to leave behind when it all turns to poo.

Yes, some do succeed, but how many out of all the thousands of Thai/farang marriages?

I knew I was in trouble when I had a m'bike accident and she had to take me to hospital every day. I expected her to be happy to help her loving husband that cared for her so well, but no gratitude was in evidence, only a reluctant misery guts that HAD to do something for her husband, but not because she wanted to. Different story when she was in hospital though.

Marriage is a gamble anyway. Don't put yourself in harm's way more than you have to.

But what if your gf’s village is Grungtep Maha Nakon?

27 minutes ago, Senechal said:

There is only one piece of advice I follow and it was given to me by a 70 year old expat over 10 years ago:

> "Never be worth more dead than alive. It's not your wife you need to worry about, most of the time. It's her family."

In other words; Rent, don't buy. Don't set your wife up with a fat life insurance policy (or at least don't tell her about it). And don't share accounts, ever.

Better than rent.  Get a mortgage and help her pay for it.  Have a pension that expires when you die. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MadMuhammad said:

But what if your gf’s village is Grungtep Maha Nakon?

Lots of monks and they will come to your house for a bit of cash and food. What do you think?  We don't know the phonetic spelling of Bangkok? 

Edited by marcusarelus

Lots of good "advice" , and seeking to hear about others experiences is nothing to be ashamed about.

Unlike some on here,  not everyone knows everything .    Just like using google, eventually you must decide what works best for you

Don't ever think that she is smart, or you might be so disappointed later when you open your eyes !

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, overherebc said:

😆

2019-06-01 21.06.02.png

So true ! I fuxxed some that even celebrities would dream to get in their bed, and still, I preferred to leave them...

Edited by myjawe

12 minutes ago, myjawe said:

Don't ever think that she is smart, or you might be so disappointed later when you open your eyes !

My wife built that.  If she is not smart we are all in a world of hurt. 

oil.jpg

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Just my personal take; however, any male who hits a woman is a moral coward. It's sad that your GF/Wife needed to specify that condition.

You do realize that husbands are the victims of marital assaults too? 

Anyone who doesn't defend themselves is asking for the physical abuse to increase.

There is a big difference between defending your self and being the instigator of a physical assault.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

You do realize that husbands are the victims of marital assaults too? 

Anyone who doesn't defend themselves is asking for the physical abuse to increase.

There is a big difference between defending your self and being the instigator of a physical assault.

It's a lot more rare, but it does happen. In that situation, I would defend myself and walk away immediately.

Defence can consist of simple restraint.

I suppose because I am bigger than average, the probability of a woman assaulting me has always been quite low.

9 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

My wife built that.  If she is not smart we are all in a world of hurt. 

oil.jpg

Nice work, Mate!  There are always exceptions.

I know a few Thai/farang marriages that are now in their 40+ years together stage.  I also know quite a few that are 20+ years.  None of the Thai women worked in bars, all have at least a bachelors degree. 

My Thai wife and I were married for one month short of 23 years until she passed away from brain cancer.  We met in the USA when she was a graduate student.  Oh, and she was older than me too.

• Like 1