Rumors of premier to declare state of emergency, dissolve parties dismissed

webfact

Yip and they write more truthful articles than the NYT, CNN, BBC WPO etc. We live in a post truth society where the truth is forsale and used to achieve political goals. In the good old days news was about investigating a story to find the truth. Today its about writing half truths to hide the truth.

Yeah. I miss the Pravda too. Chinese at least still have their People's Daily.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No but they must suspend the constitution. If not they contravene constitution and could be taken to court. A coup will buy more time and can bring in a new leader in to power, which could satisfy the elites need for total control of every facet of Thai society.

Several people do not seem to understand the situation.

A puppet government is acceptable.

If it becomes impossible to form one then the regime carries on in its current form, with rule by decree.

Because the civilian, would be members of government, will have proven themselves:

"lacking in the devotion and commitment to unification, reconciliation and progress, and too selfish to sacrifice personal ambition for the greater good of the kingdom and its people".

Or something similar.

There is no requirement for a coup.

Unless he cant form a government and cant be PM. If that should happen we will see a surge in fake violence and unrest to justify a coup. Remember the rumor that 30 of his MP's want to join PT.

The fact that such rumours are circulating says much about Thailand's political theatre. 
He's hardly likely to do that after all the hard work put in by the Election Committee fiddling the figures, is he?

we may have to believe the rumors, unfortunately his historic behavior/reaction to challenge/mood swings all indicated he's ready to sweep clean the house and anybody on his way

3 hours ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

Yip and they write more truthful articles than the NYT, CNN, BBC WPO etc.

Sure, sure, the communist party newspapers are the absolute dogs <deleted>, only truth and nothing but the truth. Hey, how long did your re-education take? Siberia, right?

...so hard to figure out....???

...duhhh.....an ugly mug....

....if you care about Thailand...wake up....and stop criticizing the efforts made these past few years...

...by those ....here...in the trenches....

...trying to rescue the country from near-utter ruin that it was left in....

2 hours ago, SOTIRIOS said:

...so hard to figure out....???

...duhhh.....an ugly mug....

....if you care about Thailand...wake up....and stop criticizing the efforts made these past few years...

...by those ....here...in the trenches....

...trying to rescue the country from near-utter ruin that it was left in....

--- -.- / .. / .-- .- -. - / .-- .... .- - / -.-- --- ..- .----. .-. . / .... .- ...- .. -. --. 

I suppose the best way to start a rumor is to have an official come out and deny it. All parties are then on notice that dismissal, etc is indeed on the cards - in other words (and during this delicate week) telling all concerned: play nice or I'll send you all home.

it is a simple matter of deduction!

once all that unbelievable number of MPs are deducted, as accused moguls of the Media

All that will be left...  is the meddler

Archived