New PM to be nominated on Wednesday

snoop1130

12 minutes ago, Reigntax said:

What you believe and what is factual based on an educated opinion appears to be at opposite ends of the spectrum. How any person can support someone like Prayuth is beyond belief as not only is he delusional but he has limited ability and intelligence.

I'm sure he is supported by many like minded simpletons.

No need to be sorry for me, I wouldn't live there if you paid me. I travel there once a month through necessity.

Again, your assumptions prove as incorrect as your judgement but I think it's great that you find solice in a third world country going backwards and support someone to do the thinking for you and your likeminded.

I am not a simpleton (but continue with your uneducated cheap insults if that is all you have) and I agree with steven100.

For a man of limited ability Prayuth has helped to move Thailand forward - and keep out the Thaksin clan and their simple-minded supporters.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

I am not a simpleton (but continue with your uneducated cheap insults if that is all you have) and I agree with steven100.

For a man of limited ability Prayuth has helped to move Thailand forward - and keep out the Thaksin clan and their simple-minded supporters.

They say ignorance is bliss. Probably why you and steven100 are so happy with the status quo.

Thailand has moved backwards under Prayuth and the continued military interference. The inability to recognise this situation and believe in propaganda diminishes the credibility of any person providing support.

The people of Germany also believed in Hitler's propaganda in the 30's and that turned out well for them. Many people also supported him during this period but denied their support after total failure.

I sense the same will eventually occur here but that's probably too much in the future for some people to assess.

4 hours ago, Jip99 said:

What evidence do you have to confirm that Thailand has moved backwards.

Ignorance is not bliss. Thailand has declined to be top the world in terms of income inequality. Overtaken Russia and Indian in last few years. 

MPs, senators to vote for a new prime minister on June 5

By KAS CHANWANPEN 
THE NATION WEEKEND

ebb9ed18747ff19f10ea1571891746db-sld.jpeg

AFTER speakers of the House of Representatives were royally endorsed on Friday, new House Speaker Chuan Leekpai said the election for the next premier would be held on Wednesday.

The date was selected as soon as the Royal Gazette published the endorsement of Chuan as House speaker and Suchart  Tancharoen and Supachai Phosu as his deputies.

Though the Constitution does not set a deadline for the election of the head of government, it determines that parliamentarians must be notified at least three days in advance unless there is an emergency. 

Chuan said notification letters would be sent to MPs on Saturday and both the Senate and House of Representatives would be involved in the voting. 

Since construction of a new Parliament building has yet to be completed, the lawmakers will meet at the TOT auditorium in Bangkok’s Lak Si district. 

Only nominees of parties that won at least 25 MP seats in the March 24 election will be eligible for consideration on Wednesday. 

The premier’s election will be by open ballot. Each candidate’s name will be read aloud in alphabetical order and voters will indicate their assent or disapproval or choose to abstain. 

The winner of a simple majority of 376 votes from among the 750 members of both houses will become prime minister. If no one wins a simple majority, the Constitution requires further votes until someone emerges victorious. 

Junta chief General Prayut Chan-o-cha is the sole candidate of the Phalang Pracharat Party, which has 116 MP seats and is striving to lead a ruling coalition. 

The Pheu Thai Party, which has 136 MPs, has nominated Khunying Sudarat Keyuraphan, Chadchart Sittipunt and Chaikasem Nitisiri for the top job. It remains still unclear which one will be fielded on Wednesday.

Other candidates contesting Wednesday’s vote could include Future Forward Party leader Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit. Though his parliamentary duties have been suspended by the Constitutional Court due to his media-shares case, his party insists the 41-year-old is qualified for the premier’s post. 

Meanwhile, neither the pro- nor anti-junta bloc has been able to muster enough MPs to form a coalition in the more than 60 days since the March 24 polls. It is believed the government will be formed once a prime minister is chosen. 

Though the pro-junta Phalang Pracharat Party is expected to take the lead in a multiparty coalition, it has not been able to confirm arrangements with its key partner, the Democrat Party, due to disagreements over who holds the Agriculture portfolio. 

Former agriculture minister Somsak Thepsutin announced yesterday that he would fight for the position, saying agricultural policies had been the core of his election campaign and he needs to deliver on what he promised.

Democrat leader Jurin Laksanawisit said his party was waiting for Phalang Pracharat to sort out its internal issues before they meet to decide what other parties should join the Phalang Pracharat-led coalition.

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-06-01

44 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

The premier’s election will be by open ballot. Each candidate’s name will be read aloud in alphabetical order and voters will indicate their assent or disapproval or choose to abstain. 

'will be' - OK, going the result of the last 'election' - who's won this one already?

In the USA, democracy means... literally anyone, anyone (current situation serves to prove) can become President, but in Thailand’s democracy it seems only one specific man can become Prime Minister.

13 hours ago, steven100 said:

I believe Khun Prayut Chan O Cha is the best choice for the role and to his credit continue to develop Thailand with more projects, more infrustructure and more exports which will help boost the Thai economy.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do but hey .... look on the bright side .... you can go to the Philippines or Laos or Cambodia if you fancy them. Why stay here and moan and groan.  lol

Ohhhh more submarines and wristwatches too?

6 hours ago, Jip99 said:

So it isn’t that you know Prayut is the man for the job... you are just trembling with fear from the Thaksin boogeyman. Well then you bought into that propaganda and you actually are a simpleton. 

14 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

I have always never understood any foreigner or expat with a Western education who can support the Amart, the Elite, the Junta or the Yellow Shirt movement and all it represents and stands for.

I just can't fathom it.

As for your "more projects, more infrastructure, more weapons" - have you ever thought of the word accountability and any Thai academic, politician, anybody asked to see the books and invoices?

And no, i don't want to move, but i have every right to moan about these scumbag parasites.

It is rather strange to see expats supporting an ultra conservative regime. Such governments are usually against immigration, and make visa rules tougher. Not that we've seen this happen in Thailand, of course. 

I've come to the conclusion that all I want is peace and stability, so the status quo will do - I even voted for it.

The western world likes to lecture Thailand on how perfect their 'democratic' societies are, which sounds hypocritical to say the least.

14 hours ago, Bipolar said:

Gawd, anyone as long as its not some old stupid and illiterate, bad tempered and ill-mannered dinosaur who likes to compose and sing old stupid songs and cannot speak English!

So that rules out quite a few forum members!!

46 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

It is rather strange to see expats supporting an ultra conservative regime. Such governments are usually against immigration, and make visa rules tougher. Not that we've seen this happen in Thailand, of course. 

I've come to the conclusion that all I want is peace and stability, so the status quo will do - I even voted for it.

The western world likes to lecture Thailand on how perfect their 'democratic' societies are, which sounds hypocritical to say the least.

Oh yes please. An unaccountable, unelected, forced leadership at gun point and a constitution so riddled with bias and cheating is far better than the West's silly democracy. Why we are so good at constitution writing in Thailand... we make a new one weekly. I voted for it, but too hard to read it first.

I'll take authoritarian dictatorship over democracy... as long as they make me feel I am superior to those other pesky voters who kept winning elections. Democracy only works if it goes the way I like. Please  remove my elected government and restrict my liberties. I can't be trusted to think for myself. Mommy can I play on the phone now? 

16 hours ago, steven100 said:

and the winner is ........    !!    thank you Khun Prayut

Why would you want somebody that does not even posses 1/10 of intelligence that you and others enjoy?  What is annoying is not the dumb people in power, but the smart people who blindly follow them.   You at least argue.  cha cha can't even do that.  He's weak and a coward.

2 hours ago, d2b2 said:

In the USA, democracy means... literally anyone, anyone (current situation serves to prove) can become President

8 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Your post seems to certainly suggest otherwise...

Last time there was a free and fair general election, almost half of the country voted for the "thaksin clan", and even now they still managed to win the election. As to Prayuth, there is very compelling evidence he moved Thailand backwards, but to realize that, one needs to see beyond your own little backyard, and see the bigger picture.

He had no right to keep anyone out, and he most certainly belongs in a prison cell, not in Government House.

1 hour ago, d2b2 said:

Oh yes please. An unaccountable, unelected, forced leadership at gun point and a constitution so riddled with bias and cheating is far better than the West's silly democracy. Why we are so good at constitution writing in Thailand... we make a new one weekly. I voted for it, but too hard to read it first.

I'll take authoritarian dictatorship over democracy... as long as they make me feel I am superior to those other pesky voters who kept winning elections. Democracy only works if it goes the way I like. Please  remove my elected government and restrict my liberties. I can't be trusted to think for myself. Mommy can I play on the phone now? 

I used to spend hours futilely writing posts just like yours, until I realised that Thailand is better the way it is. I'd rather strong leadership than riots any day, and I have the freedom to live in peace.

Taking a look at the doomed societies of the western world - the miserable,  wretched and isolated decay of what was once good - only reinforces my change of mind. 

The liberal left virtue signalling viewpoint that dominates the west tries to make Thailand like itself. Good for Thailand for thumbing its nose at unwanted interference.

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

the nomination of the prime minister will take place on Wednesday.

I thought we had a stalemate at the moment with two parties yet to announce their allegiance?

Maybe I missed something.

8 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

I used to spend hours futilely writing posts just like yours, until I realised that Thailand is better the way it is. I'd rather strong leadership than riots any day, and I have the freedom to live in peace.

Taking a look at the doomed societies of the western world - the miserable,  wretched and isolated decay of what was once good - only reinforces my change of mind. 

The liberal left virtue signalling viewpoint that dominates the west tries to make Thailand like itself. Good for Thailand for thumbing its nose at unwanted interference.

74.68% of the voting adults came out to vote. Doesn’t that tell you what the Thais want?

5 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

74.68% of the voting adults came out to vote. Doesn’t that tell you what the Thais want?

Voting is compulsory in Thailand, and even if it weren't I still don't see the point you are making. Voter turnout shows that people are voting, but not whom they are voting for. 

2 hours ago, peter14 said:

Already book outbound  ticket... everything falling apart in Thailand anyway...

Good bye! "everything falling apart in Thailand anyway..."?? You obviously do not monitor the X-Rates. Much to most of our (USD, GBP, Canada, Euro, AUD etc. etc.) economic demise the THB just keeps going from strength to strength and has been doing so for years. Pre and post coup.

16 minutes ago, bdenner said:

Good bye! "everything falling apart in Thailand anyway..."?? You obviously do not monitor the X-Rates. Much to most of our (USD, GBP, Canada, Euro, AUD etc. etc.) economic demise the THB just keeps going from strength to strength and has been doing so for years. Pre and post coup.

Very true. Most of these people who threaten to leave want to come back again, after a few months of failing to fit in to the utopian places that they run away to. That, or they end up in crushing dead end jobs, zero hour contracts. or on benefits. 

30 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

Voting is compulsory in Thailand, and even if it weren't I still don't see the point you are making. Voter turnout shows that people are voting, but not whom they are voting for. 

You do know that compulsory voting is not strictly enforced. 74.68% of voters which is a high turnout tell us that majority of Thais do not like the current situation and want change. Besides if most Thais like the way it is as you said, the pro junta PPRP should have won with a majority. 

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

You do know that compulsory voting is not strictly enforced. 74.68% of voters which is a high turnout tell us that majority of Thais do not like the current situation and want change. Besides if most Thais like the way it is as you said, the pro junta PPRP should have won with a majority. 

The flaw in your logic is to suggest that a high voter turnout means that voters must want change. Voters turning out in droves can just as readily vote for the status quo as an alternative to proposed change. 

Change isn't necessarily a good thing anyway. Look again at the degeneration of the doomed societies in the western world. Once great and wealthy civilisations have been laid to waste and bankrupted by their own citizenry - all in the name of change. 

Hats off to Thailand for opposing the kind of change that has blighted the places where we came from. 

Archived