Overnight transportation from Trang to Krabi/Hat Yai/Nakhon Si

VictorInBKK

I guess this is not the most populated sub-forum nor the best place to post my first topic but here it goes.

Is there any way to get from Trang to Krabi, Hat Yai or Nakhon Si Thammarat on the cheap after 8.30-9pm? I usually don't have to ask online but this time I couldn't find any info so hopefully some of you can help me out with this one.

Thanks.

Not to my knowledge. Most regional transport in the South nowadays is covered by passenger vans, which typically end (last departure) at dusk. One route that might be of interest to you is the van that goes from Trang-Phattalung-Ranode-Songkhla Town. They also have one minibus that does the same route to cover the extra load at peak time.

Overnight public transport in the region is largely limited to buses and trains to Bangkok.

However, there are also overnight buses from both Songkhla Town and Hat Yai to Phuket. I think the bus from Hat Yai to Phuket stops in Krabi, but not sure what time. You would have to go to the BorKorSor (Transport station) and ask.

On 6/5/2019 at 9:48 AM, phuketsub said:

Not to my knowledge. Most regional transport in the South nowadays is covered by passenger vans, which typically end (last departure) at dusk. One route that might be of interest to you is the van that goes from Trang-Phattalung-Ranode-Songkhla Town. They also have one minibus that does the same route to cover the extra load at peak time.

Overnight public transport in the region is largely limited to buses and trains to Bangkok.

However, there are also overnight buses from both Songkhla Town and Hat Yai to Phuket. I think the bus from Hat Yai to Phuket stops in Krabi, but not sure what time. You would have to go to the BorKorSor (Transport station) and ask.

Thanks for the answer. I can confirm that the buses/vans from Trang to neighbouring cities run only from 7 to 17h. the only exception being the bus route you mentioned which can be boarded at Trang bus terminal until around midnight.

Archived