Pattaya is dead now

dreaming

Just now, Traubert said:

I do, I just provided it.

He's right.

????????????your evidence is your opinion what you see on airplane 4 times per year! Indeed solid proof , a bit like his all restaurants are packed and so is an empty post office ????????????

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, BestB said:

????????????your evidence is your opinion what you see on airplane 4 times per year! Indeed solid proof , a bit like his all restaurants are packed and so is an empty post office ????????????

8 times a year. Oddly enough I come back too, otherwise it would only be once wouldn't it? Not a maths major eh?

But that's only Pattaya.

There are also flights to Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket from the same airport, none of which were available two years ago. All packed, all couples or small groups.

So you can sneer, sneer away, sneer yourself to death for all the difference it makes. Take a deep breath before you bury your head in the sand now. You're five years out of date and that's a fact.

12 minutes ago, BestB said:

Yup totally agree. For past at least 20 years there were always 2 flights per day between Bkk and Sydney , now there is only 1.

sure as hell daily flights do not get cancelled when there is demand for it.

Hahaha.

Wow, ok.

Yet there are 20 + more flights from China even over the past few years.

Sorry my friend, Thailand does not live and thrive any more off Australia or other western tourists.

Not even close.

11 minutes ago, Traubert said:

8 times a year. Oddly enough I come back too, otherwise it would only be once wouldn't it? Not a maths major eh?

But that's only Pattaya.

There are also flights to Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket from the same airport, none of which were available two years ago. All packed, all couples or small groups.

So you can sneer, sneer away, sneer yourself to death for all the difference it makes. Take a deep breath before you bury your head in the sand now. You're five years out of date and that's a fact.

Well since it’s 8 times per year then it’s most definitely concrete evidence ????????????

12 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Hahaha.

Wow, ok.

Yet there are 20 + more flights from China even over the past few years.

Sorry my friend, Thailand does not live and thrive any more off Australia or other western tourists.

Not even close.

Well because there are 20+ more flights from China is a good enough reason to cancel flights from and to Australia .

got to love some posters here and their complete and utter lack of logic, common sense or any kind of thinking 

8 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I think the whole chinese hotels and resturants is one of those urban myths, wife has family that own hotels and restaurants and they do very well out of Chinese bus groups, nothing to do with any Chinese ownership.

Go round to Ninja BBQ on second road jomtien, its full every night and it seats 200 people, they just put the price up by 25% and its still full of chinese bus groups, they actually send the buses to hotels to pick up chinese customers . All Thai owned

Why destroy a perfectly good myth with facts ? Every new TV member will repeat the term "chinese zero baht " on average of 11 times in the first year and then the baton is passed down to the next newbie...rinse repeat until it become indisputably true

Pattaya is dead now

bad news man, not only Pattaya, other places are going into the same direction, IMO, TAT and the junta are doing the best they can to keep foreigners out

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

Pattaya is dead now

bad news man, not only Pattaya, other places are going into the same direction, IMO, TAT and the junta are doing the best they can to keep foreigners out

They are doing their best to keep everyone out, as I posted earlier 18 multinationals laying off people and some are moving away.

12 minutes ago, BestB said:

They are doing their best to keep everyone out, as I posted earlier 18 multinationals laying off people and some are moving away.

understandable based on their actions

12 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

I think you will see an increase in

Chinese, Spitting and pooping on the side walks.

The rest will be much the same.

Is Pattaya dead.

No. :thumbsup:

I have just returned from Pattaya and I visit 4 times a year ,but I’m finished now . It’s in bits, despite fireworks and the likes , it was exciting but the dirt and pollution are so noticeable now and dare I say it the older less attractive ladies hanging out of every bar scaring the punters away rather

than attracting them in. Always eating , getting fatter and still expecting to get a customer .. bless them all . And yes, the Chinese and Indians get on my nerves with their behavior . It’s a disgrace to be confronted with signs everywhere in the hotel telling me not to spit. This is most assuredly aimed ,no pun intended , at one nationality that seem to like this hotel ,unfortunately for me and my lady. 

19 minutes ago, BestB said:

Well since it’s 8 times per year then it’s most definitely concrete evidence ????????????

You are ignoring what's under your nose.

Are you really trying to say that what I see 8 times a year ONLY happens when I'm there?  Not the other 357 days of the year?

Ok I'll patronise you. Lets say it only happens half of the year (which it doesn't, I have pilot friends fly out of there) That's around 28,000 tourists from my poxy little city alone. Flying schedule, not charter. The charter figures would make your head spin if 8 Airbus A320's full of Chinese independent tourists drives you to denial.

By the way, there's 102 cities of more than 1m people in China.

10 minutes ago, mushroomdave said:

Pattaya is dead??.....thank you for the info/getting the car filled up!!.....time for my little return as thats the only time I like.....

Low season is great , who needs to see a sausage fest ? I avoid it like the plague November to feb

8 minutes ago, Traubert said:

You are ignoring what's under your nose.

Are you really trying to say that what I see 8 times a year ONLY happens when I'm there?  Not the other 357 days of the year?

Ok I'll patronise you. Lets say it only happens half of the year (which it doesn't, I have pilot friends fly out of there) That's around 28,000 tourists from my poxy little city alone. Flying schedule, not charter. The charter figures would make your head spin if 8 Airbus A320's full of Chinese independent tourists drives you to denial.

By the way, there's 102 cities of more than 1m people in China.

Yes yes what you see is now a fact and can not be questioned , because what you see is it and nothing else to it. Other 100 flights per day plus another 100 chartered flights mean nothing because on your 8 trips you see what you believe and therefore it is .

and to add to this comedy , you now state as s fact that airplane is full

of independent tourists , because you say so

what else is left to say????

13 minutes ago, BestB said:

Yes yes what you see is now a fact and can not be questioned , because what you see is it and nothing else to it. Other 100 flights per day plus another 100 chartered flights mean nothing because on your 8 trips you see what you believe and therefore it is .

and to add to this comedy , you now state as s fact that airplane is full

of independent tourists , because you say so

what else is left to say????

Nothing.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Carry on mate. Wallow in your misery while the world passes you by. Enjoy.

9 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Nothing, they are actually pro-active about it and send buses to pick up the chinese from there hotels. 

Never in a million years do you get paying customers 'free of charge' in the tourist industry! Individual tourists maybe, groups NEVER! The tour guide will want his cut, as probably will his employer!

6 minutes ago, UTH001 said:

Never in a million years do you get paying customers 'free of charge' in the tourist industry! Individual tourists maybe, groups NEVER! The tour guide will want his cut, as probably will his employer!

Thats the point I was making, nowadays more Chinese are independent travelers and restaurants, attractions etc, have a bus and happy to come and get 3-4 people from a hotel. My local Thai BBQ place has a stretch tuk tuk, have used it plenty of times. A couple of times sharing with independent Chinese tourists.

1 hour ago, BestB said:

got to love some posters here and their complete and utter lack of logic, common sense or any kind of thinking 

Yes, I agree.

1 cancelled flight vs. 20 added is a senseless illogical naive argument.

Thanks for confirming my post. Good job.

????

34 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Nothing.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Carry on mate. Wallow in your misery while the world passes you by. Enjoy.

You right, I should believe an anonymous poster who flies 4-8 times per year ????????????

7 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Yes, I agree.

1 cancelled flight vs. 20 added is a senseless illogical naive argument.

Thanks for confirming my post. Good job.

????

I know some things are way out of your comprehension abilities 

22 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Thats the point I was making, nowadays more Chinese are independent travelers and restaurants, attractions etc, have a bus and happy to come and get 3-4 people from a hotel. My local Thai BBQ place has a stretch tuk tuk, have used it plenty of times. A couple of times sharing with independent Chinese tourists.

Actually it was not. You said majority were independent and had a sidekick backing your theory , now you have changed it to “more “ 

your sidekick went as far as claiming airplanes full of only independent tourists 

Make up your mind? Is it more or majority?

1 minute ago, BestB said:

Actually it was not. You said majority were independent and had a sidekick backing your theory , now you have changed it to “more “ 

your sidekick went as far as claiming airplanes full of only independent tourists 

Make up your mind? Is it more or majority?

The majority if you want to get into semantics.

Just back from a swim downstairs and chatting to guess who, a couple of independent Chinese tourists, here for 2 weeks and arranged the whole thing themselves, they are going to the Thai restaurant on the corner tonight and taking themselves to Koh Larn in the morning. 

2 hours ago, Traubert said:

I come in to Pattaya from China, maybe four times a year. I'm usually the only whitey on the plane.

If there is a large tour group, you can spot them near check-in with the guides handing out itineraries and stuff and holding a group meeting. Don't see that any more, they travel in two's, four's, sixes now, especially the young ones. The oldies might travel in a group of ten or a dozen. You can spot them  by the matching caps the guide has handed out but they're a rare sight, in my city airport anyway.

The flight is six days a week and it's usually full. This is a third tier city.

Younger Chinese are more affluent, better dressed, infinitely more polite and cosmopolitan than previous generations. They would rather be shot than spit or crap on the street.

It makes me chuckle when I read the quotations from the Expat Book of Chinese Myths on here, you are only showing your own ignorance, not demonstrating theirs. Particularly when the sentence starts 'I once saw one......'

Keep 'em coming. ????

So true!  The last flight I was on from China, I was the only Caucasian on the plane.  There was one tour group of Chinese on the plane and you're right--they were older Chinese and it looked like they might be having their first plane flight.  Lots of younger, better-dressed, and more sophisticated Chinese on the plane, traveling as couples and in small groups.

Peterw42 is right--you see them at the next table in restaurants and at the pool. I live in Wong Amat and they are everywhere here.  Very visible out and about.   And, it's not just Pattaya--they are very noticeable in Bangkok, too.

Buakhao seems to have dead days, its not obvious what the cause is, perhaps just randomness of when tourists are around.

It is surprising they keep building new bars, such as in Tree Town.

Less Indians on beach road this year, maybe they all go to the Indian clubs that have appeared.

Massage shops are mostly empty, but that was the case last low season.

A major factor for less Buakhao type tourists has got to be the exchange rate

Archived