Trump to formally launch 2020 campaign on June 18 in Orlando, Florida

rooster59

Trump to formally launch 2020 campaign on June 18 in Orlando, Florida

By Steve Holland

800x800 (2).jpg

FILE PHOTO: U.S. President Donald Trump looks at supporters before boarding Air Force One after addressing a Trump 2020 re-election campaign rally in Montoursville, Pennsylvania, U.S. May 20, 2019. REUTERS/Carlos Barria/File Photo

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump announced on Friday he will be formally launching his 2020 re-election campaign on June 18 in Florida, beginning what may prove to be a difficult bid for another four years at the White House.

In a tweet, Trump said he would hold a rally with his wife, Melania, Vice President Mike Pence and Pence's wife Karen at the 20,000-seat Amway Centre in Orlando, Florida. "Join us for this historic rally!" he wrote.

Trump has already been raising money for his re-election and holding political rallies for many months.

But the official rollout for his 2020 campaign will take place around the four-year anniversary of the day in New York in 2016 when he rode the escalator at Trump Tower down to a crowd of supporters and announced his candidacy.

Trump, who considers Florida to be something of a second home, won the state in 2016. But as is the case for the president in many battleground states, his victory is not assured there in 2020, and he will likely face a fight to win it again.

The Trump campaign has privately expressed concern about the trio of upper Midwest swing states that provided his 2016 margin of victory, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin.

Since Trump took over as president in early 2017, the United States has had low unemployment and strong growth.

Typically, presidents with an economy this vibrant would be strong bets for re-election.

But Trump's polarizing presidency has given hope to a host of Democrats that one of them can deny him a second term. Republican strategists see Democratic front-runner Joe Biden posing a problem for Trump in the Midwestern swing states, and Trump has attacked Biden with a "Sleepy Joe" nickname.

(Reporting by Steve Holland; Editing by Tom Brown)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-06-01

20,000 rednecks all in one place to hear the genius buffoon brag.

"Could have been the whiskey, might have been the gin.
Could have been three or four six-packs,
I don't know, but look at the mess I'm in,
My head is like a football, I think I'm gonna die,"

Thanks for the lyrics Irish Rovers

The President he has not been good as a statesman for the USA, or as a world leader,

his faults are many , who does not have them, one thing I give him credit for

is the spending of monies to reach outer space, the moon and provided the pathway again for man to venture to Mars, 

the off  spin benefits are still to be realised but they are coming,

India, China, France, Russian, Japan and  US, have their programs, it is a pity they all could not share as human endeavour as one team.

We are  Still so governed by borders.

"Orlando has the largest Puerto Rican and fastest-growing population in Florida with a cultural impact similar to that of Cuban Americans in South Florida. "

http://worldpopulationreview.com/us-cities/orlando-population/

See also:

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/classified/realestate/os-bz-florida-county-puerto-rican-population-growth-20171207-story.html

So, does that mean Donald will be throwing out paper towels like he did to the hurricane victims he had visited in Puerto Rico?  He can just add "MAGA" to the towels.  I wonder how many of his Puerto Rican supporters will show up, or maybe they both :-) will be busy.image.thumb.png.f3fb8b0a79522d6c9c2caafb2a035e65.pngh

Prepare to lose Donald. You do not stand a chance of re-election. You simply cannot help but shoot yourself in the foot, every day. Biden will beat you by 15 points. You are finished. Prepare yourself for prison. The SDNY is coming after you!

Lock him up!

Lock him up!

26 minutes ago, HeyHeyHey said:

Another 4 years of Greatness

MAGA

Oh no, not thousands more lies, dumb quotes (where is global warming when you need it) and misunderstanding of how tariffs work from a self styled "stable genius".........hopefully the cheeseburgers will have done their work or his tax cheating will have been uncovered.

Seriously, enough of this idiot, buffoon and disgrace, don't want to make America cringe again.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/2/2019 at 10:17 PM, xylophone said:

don't want to make America cringe again.

The only people in America that are cringing are the self appointed gods turned losers that tried to deny due process and reverse the choice of the people who are sick and tired of the same old BS being shoveled by the dems.

Get your copies of the books signed by Comey, Clapper, etc. before they get sent to prison. It's already too late to waste your money on the Clinton book tour or the Broadway play as they have both been shutdown. Mostly because they couldn't pay people to attend and fain interest.

Was surprised by so few nasty posts here. Maybe too much crow and humble pie to reach the keyboard? :wai:

On 6/1/2019 at 9:42 AM, helpisgood said:

"Orlando has the largest Puerto Rican and fastest-growing population in Florida with a cultural impact similar to that of Cuban Americans in South Florida. "

http://worldpopulationreview.com/us-cities/orlando-population/

See also:

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/classified/realestate/os-bz-florida-county-puerto-rican-population-growth-20171207-story.html

So, does that mean Donald will be throwing out paper towels like he did to the hurricane victims he had visited in Puerto Rico?  He can just add "MAGA" to the towels.  I wonder how many of his Puerto Rican supporters will show up, or maybe they both ???? will be busy.image.thumb.png.f3fb8b0a79522d6c9c2caafb2a035e65.pngh

He only has six Puerto Rican supporters, after botching the post hurricane rescue operation by historically tragic standards. The effort was so poor, it looked positively deliberate. It is quite obvious he despises people of color. 

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

He only has six Puerto Rican supporters, after botching the post hurricane rescue operation by historically tragic standards. The effort was so poor, it looked positively deliberate. It is quite obvious he despises people of color. 

You know this of course as you were 1 of the volunteer truckers stuck on the docks waiting to deliver the rescue booty delivered by FIMA and funded by said president. Maybe you personally interviewed all 6 of his Puerto Rican supporters and they told you?

I'd like to meet some of the amazing people that the so called news claimed had gone weeks without water.

5 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

You know this of course as you were 1 of the volunteer truckers stuck on the docks waiting to deliver the rescue booty delivered by FIMA and funded by said president. Maybe you personally interviewed all 6 of his Puerto Rican supporters and they told you?

I'd like to meet some of the amazing people that the so called news claimed had gone weeks without water.

Wow. You are still capable of defending FEMA and this president after that fiasco? Drink more kool aid, buddy. What can one say?

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Wow. You are still capable of defending FEMA and this president after that fiasco? Drink more kool aid, buddy. What can one say?

I'll take that as a compliment coming from someone kneeled before Clinton and the DNC alter. :wai:

44 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

I'll take that as a compliment coming from someone kneeled before Clinton and the DNC alter. :wai:

I despised Clinton. I kind of liked Bill. But Hillary, no way. Bill was extremely competent when it came to running the economy. Far better numbers that Trump. Not kneeled at all. I am probably far less compromised, when it comes to allegiance to the dems, than you are to the GOP!

I see things are they are. I criticize dem leaders, as I do GOP leaders. However, the willingness to do so by the GOP, has virtually disappeared, in the cloud of dogma and lies. 

41 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I despised Clinton. I kind of liked Bill. But Hillary, no way. Bill was extremely competent when it came to running the economy. Far better numbers that Trump. Not kneeled at all. I am probably far less compromised, when it comes to allegiance to the dems, than you are to the GOP!

I see things are they are. I criticize dem leaders, as I do GOP leaders. However, the willingness to do so by the GOP, has virtually disappeared, in the cloud of dogma and lies. 

I have no party affiliation. I too kind of liked Bill but thought he had/has horrid taste in women from the ones he banged in the oval to the one he married. He also couldn't make a good deal as was proven by NAFTA. (his numbers dropped off after that deal)

President Trump has the American people at heart with everything he's been doing and is trying to do. He's not PC in his approach and it appears to be working just fine. If he had proper backing from the career politicians (both sides) we would currently have some 10 million less illegals in the country sucking the resources dry. Money that could be being used for our homeless and vets.

Do I like and agree with 100% of everything he does and says, no but for the 1st time in a long time we have a president that isn't trying to score political points and make a buck for himself.

I could go on but I dislike typing ???? It IS however refreshing to have a discussion w/o personal attacks based on difference of opinions. :wai:

ETA: Biden couldn't possibly win until he figures out who China is besides his son's meal ticket

• 2 weeks later...

It will interesting times ahead- under Trump CEOs got an average $500,000 pay bump in 2018, while the average US worker got an extra $1,000 — barely enough to outpace inflation. Worker frustration over stagnant wages is also the major underlying factor behind widespread worker strikes across the country in places like California, Illinois, and Missouri. In April, 31,000 supermarket employees went on strike in the Northeast to reverse proposed pay cuts and rising insurance premiums. The little guys are not happy Donny!!!!!!!!!!!

On 6/25/2019 at 12:05 PM, mrwebb8825 said:

I have no party affiliation. I too kind of liked Bill but thought he had/has horrid taste in women from the ones he banged in the oval to the one he married. He also couldn't make a good deal as was proven by NAFTA. (his numbers dropped off after that deal)

President Trump has the American people at heart with everything he's been doing and is trying to do. He's not PC in his approach and it appears to be working just fine. If he had proper backing from the career politicians (both sides) we would currently have some 10 million less illegals in the country sucking the resources dry. Money that could be being used for our homeless and vets.

Do I like and agree with 100% of everything he does and says, no but for the 1st time in a long time we have a president that isn't trying to score political points and make a buck for himself.

I could go on but I dislike typing ???? It IS however refreshing to have a discussion w/o personal attacks based on difference of opinions. :wai:

ETA: Biden couldn't possibly win until he figures out who China is besides his son's meal ticket

Except of course that Clinton didn't actually make the deal. He inherited it from George H.W. Bush

Sure. His tax bill was clearly directed at helping working people. Remember that Republican promise  that it would boost investment? Hasn't happened. Remember the Democratic promise that it would mostly be used to buy back stack and make the rich even richer? That's exactly what happened. And odd how President Trump's concern for the people resulted in a tax bill that especially favored real estate investors structured as pass-throughs. Hmmm. Who comes to mind who fits that description. Yes, Trump was so inspired to sacrifice even his interests to help working Americans that not only did he sign onto that tax bill but he kept legal control of all his businesses.

And if you think Nafta was a bad deal, what makes you think Trump's renegotiation of it was a good one? Economics say it will make little to no difference.

12 hours ago, bristolboy said:

And if you think Nafta was a bad deal, what makes you think Trump's renegotiation of it was a good one? Economics say it will make little to no difference.

aren't those the same economists that said manufacturing was dead and gone and that president Trump would never make 3% quarterly growth happen? Would they also be the same people who panicked over proposed tariffs on Mexico for not helping when our own congress wouldn't step up? Seems to me that NOT following the status quo is working better than following it.

14 hours ago, expatfromwyoming said:

It will interesting times ahead- under Trump CEOs got an average $500,000 pay bump in 2018, while the average US worker got an extra $1,000

yes it will. By your numbers the "average US worker" got a 20% pay raise while the CEOs got about 3-5% but hey, it's only been 1 yr so maybe these same changes will suddenly flip in the coming yrs. :wai:

5 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

yes it will. By your numbers the "average US worker" got a 20% pay raise while the CEOs got about 3-5% but hey, it's only been 1 yr so maybe these same changes will suddenly flip in the coming yrs. :wai:

The average wage of an American worker may not be great but I seriously doubt it's $5000 per year.

5 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

aren't those the same economists that said manufacturing was dead and gone and that president Trump would never make 3% quarterly growth happen? Would they also be the same people who panicked over proposed tariffs on Mexico for not helping when our own congress wouldn't step up? Seems to me that NOT following the status quo is working better than following it.

No those aren't the same economists.  What economists  said manufacturing is dead and gone?  What they've said is that manufacturing of low value items in the USA is dead and gone. They've also said the blaming China as the #1 reason for lost American jobs is wrong. Many more jobs in manufacturing have been lost to automation and robotics. And finally they've noted while US manufacturing workers have awesomely increased their productivity their wages have remained essentially flat. Whereas executives and stockholders have captured virtually all the surplus value created. That's what non-imaginary economists have said.

Archived