Any one using - LINE Mobile - for your internet connection

As I’m currently looking for an internet SIM card package the ‘’ Unlimited Data up to 100Mbps  ‘’ 

caught my eye . I have looked over other past posts on LINE options , but they seem a bit outdated.

Just wondering if any one is using / has used LINE for their internet connection .

https://th.linemobile.com/en/packages

Thanks 

Line-1.png

People (on Thai social media) seem generally happy with LINE Mobile, the discounted packages offer significant value (for 12 months anyway), and you can port in an existing number.

Network access is provided by DTN (DTAC), service, support is handled online through LINE, as is account management. I think some or most LINE (IM, voice, video) application usage does not come off your data allotment.

They offer a slim international roaming option.

No SPAM SMS possible so that's a plus.

The only issue is payment, so you're locked into LINE Pay or credit/debit card, and hoping that their systems are secure.

TErms and conditions contain the usual wording re: bandwidth management, no torrenting, etc.

On 6/3/2019 at 12:33 PM, fishtank said:

Just got my Line sim and everything seems to work well.

Would you please let us know how things work out with the new Line sim :thumbsup: any problems / speed / GB restrictions / other ? 

Thanks 

Working great so far.

Went for a walk today and listened to Talk Sport on my headphones using the free unlimited data.

You can choose the superfast data that is part of your package or the free data by using the phone app.

Watched the cricket on IPTV by using  hotspot and fast data. Worked well.

Did not watch for long though as I only have the cheap package.

The Speed tests are showing around 35 Mbps with the fast speed.

On 6/1/2019 at 8:30 AM, JamJar said:

LINE Mobile is DTAC. So if you don't get a good DTAC signal at your place....

yes and dtac seems to get worst and worst for the locations that i visit.

it used to be the best, but now it seems that AIS strikes back ? (it was poor before)

On 6/2/2019 at 7:41 AM, mtls2005 said:

People (on Thai social media) seem generally happy with LINE Mobile, the discounted packages offer significant value (for 12 months anyway), and you can port in an existing number.

Network access is provided by DTN (DTAC), service, support is handled online through LINE, as is account management. I think some or most LINE (IM, voice, video) application usage does not come off your data allotment.

They offer a slim international roaming option.

No SPAM SMS possible so that's a plus.

The only issue is payment, so you're locked into LINE Pay or credit/debit card, and hoping that their systems are secure.

TErms and conditions contain the usual wording re: bandwidth management, no torrenting, etc.

But we cannot use our old Dtac sim card ? the number will be new ?

If I use my current number, and I sign up, will it disable my number until I get the new SIM card and install it in my phone? That's my concern. 

Also, can I try it with a cheap plan to test, them bump it up to maximum plan if I like it? 555. Thanks.

8 hours ago, myjawe said:

The network connection is coming over DTAC's mobile network. But the SIMs are separate between DTAC and LINE, so you need LINE's own SIM to use their mobile service.

20 hours ago, myjawe said:

I think you can port in any number (AIS, DTAC, TrueMove H), prepaid or postpaid.

Yes, you would need a new physical SIM from LINE Mobile.

17 hours ago, Ebumbu said:

If I use my current number, and I sign up, will it disable my number until I get the new SIM card and install it in my phone? That's my concern. 

The port-in process may take up to five (5) days, but the cut-over will take less than an hour. So your current number will remain active until very shortly before the service transitions to LINE Mobile.

Personally, I would try the service out on a new number for a month or two before porting. But that's me.

"Also, can I try it with a cheap plan to test, them bump it up to maximum plan if I like it? 555. Thanks."

Yes, but there may be some limitations regarding transitioning to/from the heavily discounted/promoted plans? I don't recall any wording in the terms on this but maybe have a review for yourself?

On 6/6/2019 at 5:05 PM, mtls2005 said:

The port-in process may take up to five (5) days, but the cut-over will take less than an hour. So your current number will remain active until very shortly before the service transitions to LINE Mobile.

Personally, I would try the service out on a new number for a month or two before porting. But that's me.

That's what I'll do. Thanks. I'll also test whether I can keep my main number for calls and use 2nd SIM card for Internet. Phone has two SIMs. Not sure how this works yet. 

10 hours ago, Ebumbu said:

That's what I'll do. Thanks. I'll also test whether I can keep my main number for calls and use 2nd SIM card for Internet. Phone has two SIMs. Not sure how this works yet. 

On my phone (Xiaomi) I can choose which sim for making calls and which sim for data.

Archived