One for farangs divorced from Thai women

3 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Rubbish! They still have their families. You know, those things called brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, uncles and aunts.

My wife's parents are dead and she has moved far away from her immediate family because she fell out with her sister. Has no living children.

She was never close to the rest of her family.

So much for your theory.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

My wife's parents are dead and she has moved far away from her immediate family because she fell out with her sister. Has no living children.

She was never close to the rest of her family.

So much for your theory.

Riiiiiiiight, so therefore ALL Thai wive's parents are dead and have moved far away from their immediate family because they fell out with their sisters. And none of them have any living children.

I would venture to say your wife's circumstances are nowhere near what is typical. 

1 minute ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Riiiiiiiight, so therefore ALL Thai wive's parents are dead and have moved far away from their immediate family because they fell out with their sisters. And none of them have any living children.

I would venture to say your wife's circumstances are nowhere near what is typical. 

and you know that because of your long and intimate knowledge of every Thai/ farang marriage/ divorce?

I gave my example and none of us KNOWS anything beyond OUR personal involvement in such situations, so a few out of many thousands.

It constantly amazes me that so many farangs come to Thailand, a completely different culture and mindset from anything they are used to, and profess to know and understand everything about it after living in one or a few places, speaking minimal Thai, having few if any Thai friends, and knowing only one, or a few related Thai families.

I've been involved in Thailand for many decades, and I'll be the first to admit I know not enough about the people or the culture, because I just haven't had enough experience of them or it.

I try to remember that before making broad generalisations of the place or people, and try to stick to what was within my own personal experience.

13 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and you know that because of your long and intimate knowledge of every Thai/ farang marriage/ divorce?

I gave my example and none of us KNOWS anything beyond OUR personal involvement in such situations, so a few out of many thousands.

It constantly amazes me that so many farangs come to Thailand, a completely different culture and mindset from anything they are used to, and profess to know and understand everything about it after living in one or a few places, speaking minimal Thai, having few if any Thai friends, and knowing only one, or a few related Thai families.

I've been involved in Thailand for many decades, and I'll be the first to admit I know not enough about the people or the culture, because I just haven't had enough experience of them or it.

I try to remember that before making broad generalisations of the place or people, and try to stick to what was within my own personal experience.

What are you wittering on about?

I stated that you wife's circumstance isn't typical. Do you not agree?

You don't need to be here very long to discover that Thai families are generally close. Closer than families in the west. Do you dispute this?

I also have lived here close to forty years and can speak Thai, though, I certainly don't claim to know much.

You have the gall to complain about "generalizations" when you did it yourself? That is what persuaded me to answer your post, hypocrite! Let me remind you of what you posted:-

"That's the fate of most Thai women that marry old farangs and don't get divorced".

If that isn't a generalization, I don't know what is.

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:
On 6/2/2019 at 1:02 PM, richard_smith237 said:

This is the perfect thread for the bitter misogynistic misogamists to bleat on against women and tar all relationships with the same brush due their own failure.... 

I see the usual suspects have already been unable to resist... 

Another poster with zero to contribute to a thread for divorced men.

I see the usual suspects have already been unable to resist posting their rants about how we are failures and it was all our fault, never mind the women's contribution. Reminds me of the idiot that told me that EVERY woman is beautiful.

due their own failure.... 

Just hasn't happened to you yet. Are you in for a shock when it does 5555555555.

And this is why I posted what I did... In any such thread regarding relationship the same comment [just hasn't happened to you yet] always comes up...  many of those who remain soured by past relationships and feel the need to post so negatively only ever see things from a myopic perspective when the reality is that there is an abundance of successful lasting relationships.

Why is it that such posters are unable to point out that while things didn't work out for them, they do work out for many others?... Pure bitterness would be my answer. 

There are many relationships which run the course, there are many which don't for a myriad of reasons, but it does seem that those who post so bitterly with such venom overlook the fact that the lack of balance displayed in their posts identifies that they themselves are perhaps not the greatest people to spend time with.

Many of the posters here ooze so much contempt for Thai people and culture, I can't imagine it doesn't bleed over into any relationship they have, given time and proximity.  Which, of course, being married entails- time and proximity.  

On a side note, I had an opportunity to spend some time with my Texas ex a few weeks ago.  Divorced for 30 years (her choice, not mine at the time) and I hadn't seen her in 15 years.  One weekend was enough to assuage any thought that I had been missing anything for those 30 years. 

She's a decent woman, and perfect for someone.  Just not for me...

On 6/2/2019 at 8:02 PM, billybog said:

was married to Thai lady for 5 years...first 3 years were fantastic. then she started with the why does so and so have a benz...why does so and so have a $500,000 house. 

That's a really good post. Echoes my experiences to a T. 

If you're loser, slip on the rose-tinted goggles and keep paying. 

If you're a winner, quit. 

My Contention

Most guys who claim to be happily married to Thais are living in denial. They're literally buying company and are too heavily invested to admit the truth and bail out.  

Ask just about any "happily married westerner" how much cash he's thrown at his little Thai bride and the figures will astonish you.  

3 minutes ago, Pharoticus said:

Ask just about any "happily married westerner" how much cash he's thrown at his little Thai bride and the figures will astonish you.  

It was as nothing compared to the cash the divorce judge threw at my (former) Brit bride.

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

It was as nothing compared to the cash the divorce judge threw at my (former) Brit bride.

I know mate, & I had to <deleted> sit there with the lawyer, & watch myself get shafted.

It wasn't the best day of my life, but as I'm writing this I'm laughing at the insanity of it all.

:wink:

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 2:12 AM, richard_smith237 said:

the reality is that there is an abundance of successful lasting relationships.

Why is it that such posters are unable to point out that while things didn't work out for them, they do work out for many others?... Pure bitterness would be my answer. 

Why do you think that we wouldn't be bitter?

Marriage in the west is a 50/5 gamble, and in Thailand the cultural differences make it even more stacked against a successful relationship IN THE LONG TERM. It doesn't matter if one has a very good marriage till the farang runs out of money or becomes ill, and is then discarded- it's still a failed marriage, IN THE END.

How many Thai / farang marriages succeed till death? I don't know, but I'd say not many ( but perhaps that's just me being bitter ). Tried twice, once western and once Thai. Both turned out to be less than loving, in the end. Both took me for everything they could.

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 4:55 PM, Pharoticus said:

That's a really good post. Echoes my experiences to a T. 

If you're loser, slip on the rose-tinted goggles and keep paying. 

If you're a winner, quit. 

My Contention

Most guys who claim to be happily married to Thais are living in denial. They're literally buying company and are too heavily invested to admit the truth and bail out.  

There's nothing wrong with buying company ( and sex ), as long as one can keep paying. No less genuine than a woman that professes to be in love, but falls out of love. At least the paid for version has something to lose if they become stroppy. The "in love" version has something to gain by getting divorced.

• 2 months later...

Archived