Three men sentenced to death for murdering British expat and wife in northern Thailand

rooster59

Three men sentenced to death for murdering British expat and wife in northern Thailand

north.JPG

Image: Thai Rath

Three men have been sentenced to death for murdering a British expat and his Thai wife in northern Thailand. 

Engineer Alan Hogg, 64 and his wife Nott Suddaen, 61, were found buried close to their home in Phrae last September.

On Friday, Phrae Provincial Court sentenced Warut Rattanasatchakit, 63, Phia Khamsai, 63, and Kittipong Kamwan, 24 to death for premeditated murder.

A fourth man, Seema Udpamoon, 60, who was a neighbour to the couple, was jailed for 25 years with his initial 50 year sentenced halved for co-operating with the investigation. 

The court heard how Nott’s brother Warut Rattanasatchakit planned the murders so he could gain control of the couple’s assets, which included a large property in Phrae’s Muang District.

Police said there had been an ongoing conflict between Warut and Mr Hogg for several years. 

Warut sought the help of Seema telling him of his plan to kill his sister and her British husband. While Seema refused to be involved in the actual murder, it was him who reccomnded Phia and Kittipong to Warut. 

Kittipong would be the one who shot Mr Hogg using a shotgun to kill him outside his home, while Warut bludgeoned his sister to death with a wrench.

The men then buried the couple in land close to their home.

At sentencing the court also ordered the men to the couple’s daughter 644,255 baht compensation.

Thairath reported that the relatives of the deceased were said to be satisfied with the outcome of the court ruling.

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-01

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, JimmyTheMook said:

Sad ending for these folks.

Stay out of the sticks in TH - lots of inbreds.

Phrae is not “the Sticks”. It is a nice little city with lots of teak and wood workers.

Can't fault the justice system on this one. Swift, harsh justice for all concerned in this dreadful crime.

Hopefully it'll deter other cash hungry relatives in Thailand from trying any such acts to make a fast buck

30 minutes ago, JimmyTheMook said:

Very sad indeed. 

I am NOT blaming the victims here or making any remarks about the lady's family.

However, farangs should be careful to understand the Thai families they marry into. 

There's a reason the Thai Chinese folks don't often marry into these types of poor, Thai families. 

Best is marry into a family that doesn't need your money. Though that does severely limit the available women. 

10 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

Very sad indeed. 

I am NOT blaming the victims here or making any remarks about the lady's family.

However, farangs should be careful to understand the Thai families they marry into. 

There's a reason the Thai Chinese folks don't often marry into these types of poor, Thai families. 

Best is marry into a family that doesn't need your money. Though that does severely limit the available women. 

Show me a Thai family that doesn't love money. 

Just now, inThailand said:

I know what you mean and do not disagree with you. 

However, you will not be able to show me almost ANY reported murders by the middle class or better Thai families of Farangs.

Sure, there are not many such couplings, but the point stands. 

1 minute ago, Fex Bluse said:

I know what you mean and do not disagree with you. 

However, you will not be able to show me almost ANY reported murders by the middle class or better Thai families of Farangs.

Sure, there are not many such couplings, but the point stands. 

Because they hire Somchai to do the dirty work. They are devoted Buddhists you know. 

5 minutes ago, inThailand said:

Because they hire Somchai to do the dirty work. They are devoted Buddhists you know. 

Your point is well received. ????

I care only about my fellow decent Farang, so I am only stating what would be logical in any country which is to pay attention to trashy, low education local families. 

Doing so will likely have a positive income on avoiding murder here. Too many of these stories over the years. 

56 minutes ago, ezzra said:

This time the death penalty should be delivered in full, no mercy, no commuting to life sentence, if there was ever a death sentence so richly deserved, this is the one...

Reminds my of the 2 cops, charged with murder, found guilty, sentenced to death.... and then, released on bail... never to be seen again. Justice   hahahaaa

Greed and I would also add envy as the main motives, Do they not think what will happen if it all goes wrong when planning these murders? let's see we get rich on the other hand we get life in jail or the death penalty, I bet they never even considered the consequence of getting caught.

52 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

Very sad indeed. 

I have a better idea. DONT GET MARRIED! Best life insurance policy you will ever have living in Thailand. Unless of course you are dirt poor with zero prospects of every making anything of yourself and you prospective wife is rich. Actually that could get you killed too.

6 minutes ago, nev said:

Greed and I would also add envy as the main motives, Do they not think what will happen if it all goes wrong when planning these murders? let's see we get rich on the other hand we get life in jail or the death penalty, I bet they never even considered the consequence of getting caught.

I know a few Thai criminals (my family), mostly they think it's worth the risk.

46 minutes ago, inThailand said:

Show me a foreigner (with income from outside of Thailand) who does not want a better exchange rate.

Most people love money not everyone is willing to kill for it.

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

This time the death penalty should be delivered in full, no mercy, no commuting to life sentence, if there was ever a death sentence so richly deserved, this is the one...

No wai ???

59 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

Very sad indeed. 

To about 2% and I doubt  any of those are interested in a Chang swilling hubby wearing a vest

39 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

Your point is well received. ????

I care only about my fellow decent Farang, so I am only stating what would be logical in any country which is to pay attention to trashy, low education local families. 

Doing so will likely have a positive income on avoiding murder here. Too many of these stories over the years. 

Like the rich don't murder for money in western countries? Mendendez brothers an example, but there's countless more.

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

Show me a foreigner (with income from outside of Thailand) who does not want a better exchange rate.

Most people love money not everyone is willing to kill for it.

At one point I was prepared to surrender 50hrs per week of my life for money.

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

A fourth man, Seema Udpamoon, 60, who was a neighbour to the couple, was jailed for 25 years with his initial 50 year sentenced halved for co-operating with the investigation.

Mr. Udpamoon got off easy. Sounds like the murders might never have taken place without his help. Hope he dies in jail.

2 hours ago, JimmyTheMook said:

Several million Bangkok 'residents' actually have their roots in the 'sticks' of Thailand.

Archived