BANGKOK 26 June 2019 00:37
Jonathan Fairfield

Brit left with fractured skull after Thai thugs "teach him a lesson for interfering"

Never, ever interfere in any fight involving Thai's you'll just end up in a hospital or a box. Knives, guns, clubs anything goes in Thailand. Keep walking no matter how bad you feel about doing nothing. 

• Like 2

and there lies a leson for us all who live here, this is the outcome of a western guy with values, who tries to stop a fight, throw the bloody book at them, (but they wont) and death threats, ? that another, round them all up, let them see the power of the law for a change. i

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SammyT said:

The irony is not lost on me of Brit commenters on here acting like thuggish street violence is the domain of only Thais when the same happens in their country just as often and many other western societies.  

Hope this poor fella recovers well though. 

Why single out Brit commenters? There are other nationalities comment! Yes these things happen all over the world but still no need to beat someone senseless to teach them a lesson! I for one hope these thugs get a hefty prison sentence to teach them a lesson!!!! And yes I'm a Brit! ☺

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, evadgib said:

The dashcam is mightier than the sword.

I suspect a call to authorities would be ineffective.   Too bad.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, z42 said:

Well these idiots should be taught a lesson and given the maximum allowable for assault with weapons, and also a nice bill for the hospital and compensation for the injured British guy.

I'd say they're just lucky the victim wasn't Chinese or it'd be a major loss of face for the nation

The Chinese would never get involved in the first place. They have the same mentality. Fight one and you fight them all. We weren't told the nationality of the tourists the Brit guy was trying to help but I doubt they would be Chinese.

• Sad 1

Vile scum including your "relatives." Many die in these prisons here, we can only hope.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, phka said:

Is that a picture of the grown men

Says someone who uses a picture of Cornell - worked out well for that prat 555!

3 hours ago, Essex Reject said:

Fair play to the guy. Better to live like a lion than a mouse even if there can be consequences.

Wonder if he has regrets now he is in a hospital bed? 

• Like 1