Brit left with fractured skull after Thai thugs "teach him a lesson for interfering"

Mr. Thornton needs to see a neurologist and get a full neurological assessment. He looks like he might have sustained serious brain trauma.

Would be very interested in knowing about Saenpetch Robert Porter's family history. My guess is that he grew up without a father figure in his life. The face, neck and arm tats and body piercings scream rebellion and hunger for attention. He looks like a really troubled individual to me. I wonder if this attack on a foreign man was a subconscious venting of anger towards his real father.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, connda said:

Well, there it is.  The Thai court system will no doubt agree.  The foreign man beaten to a pulp will probably be expect to pay for the medical bills of those who hurt their hands and feet beating him.  And of course, he will be expected to pay a 500 THB fine for 'fighting'  along with reparations to the Thais for loss of face.

Old myth, punishments are by far more severe and that’s before even going to court.

fines for just fighting by police 1000-5000.

for attack of this magnitude , they could get locked up and ordered to pay all medical bills plus compensation and if they fail

to make payment , their sentence will be longer.

you can be rest assured they will not be fined 500 baht and judge will not agree with them.

only if their family will offer financial settlement then they may avoid court and jail , but since they have been making threats they will

most likely get locked up for at least 6 months 

6 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

They have admitted their involvement and face charges of assault causing grievous bodily harm.

What?  A 500 to 5000 THB fine and a wai?  And the farang will need to pay his own bills before he allow to leave the country because these poor Thaid don't have the means.  And if the victim can not pay his bill - he'll be labelled a criminal and undesirable, incarcerated in the hospital until he's has an overstay, then incarcerated in immigration detention and deported.

That's about right is it not?  I've lived here too long.  

Just now, connda said:

What?  A 500 to 5000 THB fine and a wai?  And the farang will need to pay his own bills before he allow to leave the country because these poor Thaid don't have the means.  And if the victim can not pay his bill - he'll be labelled a criminal and undesirable, incarcerated in the hospital until he's has an overstay, then incarcerated in immigration detention and deported.

Have you considered writing lyrics to Blues songs ?

I read you post whilst singing it in a Muddy Waters style 

5 hours ago, Fred31 said:

What, unlike in England, where gangs of thugs choose elderly people to beat up and stab to death. Pot calling the kettle black mate.

And according to a TV program I saw recently in the UK there is an assault on a  police officer every twenty minutes.

5 minutes ago, connda said:

Again a myth, have you actually personally been involved in any incidents ? An attack of such nature does not get washed away with a wai and a small fine. If anything victim may also get 20000-100000 baht compensation from government agency 

6 hours ago, soalbundy said:

I feel sorry for the man but you really shouldn't interfere with fights or any altercations, it's a recipe for disaster.

Very compassionate advice.  Allow tourist who probably don't have a clue be beaten.  Just stand aside and watch.  So you're the type who stands by and watches as the Kitty Genoveses of this world are assaulted, battered, and at worst, murdered?  "Not my business. I don't want to be involved!"
Kitty Genovese's murder was in my generation and it has never left my consciousness.  That fact that people stand by and watch assaults, beating, and murder is simply unconscionable to me.  Obviously it was unconscionable to the victim too.

Some of us have a moral compass; some people do not.  Need a mirror?  

3 minutes ago, BestB said:

Again a myth, have you actually personally been involved in any incidents ? An attack of such nature does not get washed away with a wai and a small fine. If anything victim may also get 20000-100000 baht compensation from government agency 

I have.  Hospitalized. Paid my own way. How about you sport?  You seem to be an expert?    

6 hours ago, Chicken George said:

20 years in the Big House!

I think 12 month in the hell hole will teach them the required lesson, not to interfere with anybody, and also teach them a lesson, to leave victims heads alone, rather than crack them open like a kokos nut.

Also 500 000 baht each to the English gentleman, who did the right thing in my opinion.

If there are some people in need of protection, i would instinctively  attempt to help too.

12 month jail, 1.5 million to the Brit.

No need for 20 years

There is a white thug also among the Thai thugs. Seems it was a teenage fight. If you interfere, definately some blows will come to you. Always interfere when its only a fist fight not with extra tools to beat the crap out of you.

Sorry to hear that but above suggestion is humble in nature.

16 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

Would be very interested in knowing about Saenpetch Robert Porter's family history. My guess is that he grew up without a father figure in his life. The face, neck and arm tats and body piercings scream rebellion and hunger for attention. He looks like a really troubled individual to me. I wonder if this attack on a foreign man was a subconscious venting of anger towards his real father.

Or maybe he's just a mean thug who enjoys getting drunk and trying to bash people's skulls in.

I'm sorry, but you Nancy-boys who simply don't want to be involved are a pathetic bunch.  Yeah, I'm an old boomer with old boomer values.  I was brought up by a tough Scottish-Irish grandfather.  No, you don't step aside when people are gang beaten.  Well, you do - I don't.

3 minutes ago, connda said:

I have.  Hospitalized. Paid my own way. How about you sport?  You seem to be an expert?    

This month 2 fights with Thai but unlike you can hold my own and was not hospitalised . Last year was locked up, half way through last year few more incidents. 

Not a single incident where thai was at fault , they walked free or with a wai but locked up and charged 

so yeah I am an expert not a myth creator 

Like I have said to people a  hundred times. It’s not  your country. mind your business.  And enjoy your time there   This happens in my  Country to when you  get involved  in to someone else’s business.  You going to catch a beating    I’m sure his intentions were good   I hope he  heals quickly     

Just carry a bigger stick or a Glock, no problems so far. 

They are mostly gutless pricks. 

One (two in a car tried it on me a short time ago and they started crying shortly after.) gutless as all getout. Keep a straight head when out and about and do try to keep out of conflict.

<deleted> em 

10 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Which photo are you looking at? In the only picture I've seen (in the original article) she has a totally neutral expression.

And I see that she is happy because she will have a photo in the media.

24 minutes ago, connda said:

Connda is 100% correct...many of us have seen this process evolve in this gutless manner countless times over.  Expats are the antichrist, they must be separated from their cash before we beat them and throw them out of our kingdom.

I've intervened and got beaten to a pulp and I've intervened and done well. Would I help someone again if I saw this sort of thing going on? Damn right I would! Up to you if you 'men' want to walk on by, where I come from we don't do that.

If my country had 'walked on by' 80 years ago, the lives of many of you would be very different today.

6 hours ago, soalbundy said:

I feel sorry for the man but you really shouldn't interfere with fights or any altercations, it's a recipe for disaster.

So , if  we happen to see a fellow farlang  getting a beating , from  thais ,    what should one do . 

Make for the  nearset 7/11  and have a large coffee.  i would matey..

6 minutes ago, mike787 said:

Connda is 100% correct...many of us have seen this process evolve in this gutless manner countless times over.  Expats are the antichrist, they must be separated from their cash before we beat them and throw them out of our kingdom.

I am much happier when my girlfriend found a good job and I do not have to listen

to her silly talk all day long .

Archived