Brit left with fractured skull after Thai thugs "teach him a lesson for interfering"

I wonder where it says in Buddhist teachings that it’s OK for 10 men to beat up one guy, kick him in the head and beat him unconscious and leave him for dead, then just walk away without a thought........religion is such a wonderful thing !

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, mickyboy said:

where did the tourist go that got into the fight did they not back him up or they mind they own business and walk away

They were friends together. 

See post #143.

i think what really happen is two groups fight together. The English and the Luuk Krung gang.

The Luuk Krung gang won.

15 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

No, they have them at some stage.

Normally when they get their wife or partner pregnant,  and then sod off to find another woman..

And do it all again. 

Leaving the woman and child with no support. 

That job normally becomes the responsibility of a farang. 

Probably one like they thought needed to be taught a lesson. 

Thai men have a lot to be thankful for about farang men.

Take care of their offspring and families. 

While they don't seem to care, let alone know the meaning of the word child support. 

This is an illusion of a newcomer that Thai men are much worse than thai women
After all thai man is a product created and shaped  by a Thai mother.

This is one of the reasons that I am leaving Thailand. In February I was assaulted by  Thai tour bus drive in front of hundreds of people. I made a police report but couldn't give details regarding the bus. I was able to fight the guy off but was very concerned that, if I really hurt him, I would have to fight 20 Thais. This place is just too violent for me. I survived war....combat....and don't want to be done in at age 70 by some punks. 

In fact, I have traveled to over 60 countries and have only had defend myself against assault ( Non-combat)  in Thailand. the incident in Feb was the second time!

17 minutes ago, connda said:

Sometimes you win; sometimes you lose.  Over time, you eventually lose.  That doesn't mean you back down.  It is what it is.  You no doubt will believe you're invincible until you are not.  Best to learn that lesson early as eventually age catches up to you.  You don't see 50 and 60+ year olds in the Octagon or the ring.  That ends in your 40s if you're having a good run.   But if you don't 'get' that now, well, you'll eventually get a clue.  You're a better man than I.  Best of luck, dude.

It has nothing to do with what I believe , there is always someone bigger and stronger . Difference is I would never roll over or go down without a fight.

more to the point , days of 500 baht fines are over. 

Fines are now now at least double if not 10 times fold and that is police fines where it was just a fight with no serious damage.

anything as serious as this will get escalated to court, unless 3 punks are willing to make large financial contribution. 

Believe it or not but I once had to pay 20 000 for slapping 4 Indians , no blood, no cuts and yet 20 000. 

And before some smartass makes some retarded comment, they kicked my disabled pup, who could not even walk

PS. And yes, totally agree on the age thing. Had s broken finger after punching someone out , never thought possible in my younger years ????

2 hours ago, BestB said:

Total and utter BS, this kind of attacks and fights happen all over the world and not limited to Thailand.

Look #143

This fight was the English friends. Luke’s friend not helping the stranger. Against the luuk krung gang.

They get the story from the Thai daily news. The Thai daily news say Luke’s friend. They translate wrong. 

Why?

8 hours ago, ThaidDown said:

...who checked he had made the correct TM28 , TM30 and 90 day reports and he was not on overstay.

A juvenile and irrelevant comment possibly fueled by booze.

18 minutes ago, Expat Tom said:

This is one of the reasons that I am leaving Thailand. In February I was assaulted by  Thai tour bus drive in front of hundreds of people. I made a police report but couldn't give details regarding the bus. I was able to fight the guy off but was very concerned that, if I really hurt him, I would have to fight 20 Thais. This place is just too violent for me. I survived war....combat....and don't want to be done in at age 70 by some punks. 

In fact, I have traveled to over 60 countries and have only had defend myself against assault ( Non-combat)  in Thailand. the incident in Feb was the second time!

One time, you unlucky.

Two times? Maybe you the problem sir. Maybe not good manners? Happen before.

Something happen.

Thai people don’t violent foreigner for nothing. Unless drug crazy.

4 hours ago, GaryAdriaenssens said:

As hard as it is for the poor guy it looks at least he has a nice looking person & nurse on his side.... ????

Crisis over. Everyone move on. Nothing to see...on your way.

3 hours ago, oobar said:

At a night venue several years ago, a pack of Thais set upon a pair of tourists to teach them the ways of the LOS.  The two tourists, however, were hardened Aussies.  The boys from down under stood back to back and took on the horde as it came at them.  The altercation ended with so many Thais busted and bleeding in the street that the few remaining wisely gave up the attack.  The two Aussies, uninjured, walked away to go have a beer.  Trink reported on this.

Never wise to go have a beer after such a fight. Loss of face is never taken well by Thais. Given enough time, some of these crazies will regroup and come at you with guns.... thai mentality is to shoot first to assuage the loss of face first and only then think of the consequences. Anecdotal evidence abound about Thai short fuses. 

36 minutes ago, Yinn said:

One time, you unlucky.

Two times? Maybe you the problem sir. Maybe not good manners? Happen before.

Something happen.

Thai people don’t violent foreigner for nothing. Unless drug crazy.

And especially if you are in your 70’s. Thais do have some reverence for elderly people unless they are thugs. 

2 hours ago, alzack said:

you wont end up right mate, you wont end up very well at all, in fact you could well be blamed and put on a plane home. 

At least I could live with myself as opposed to the cowards who would allow others to be beaten.  You think to yourselves, "Of course I'm a coward and a clone like all the others in society who only care about themselves and have no empathy for the victims of battery.  But I'm unharmed and can enjoy my ignoble existence as a coward."  
That's it in this day and age isn't it?  No honor, no sacrifice, just narcissism. How's that song go I here in the gym: "Me, me, me, me, only me; Me me me me, only sexy me!."  Yeah that wraps it for today's values.
I honestly am glad I was born in my generation.  Different values than today's lot.

1 hour ago, Booboo101 said:

I wonder where it says in Buddhist teachings that it’s OK for 10 men to beat up one guy, kick him in the head and beat him unconscious and leave him for dead, then just walk away without a thought........religion is such a wonderful thing !

Their identity card say they are Buddhists. They are definitely not Buddhists in practice. Buddhists do not get into fights. They just accept their fate.  

If a Farang had beaten a Thai in a similar way he would have to pay the police and the hospital.

What's the betting these Thai boys get off with a 500 Baht fine. If they want foreign tourists it should be 20 years for attempted murder.

I notice how Thais will help other Thais in a fight, but if you are a Farang you are on your own, other Farang won't step in to help.

I intervened at an incident in Nana Plaza years ago. A young American sailor was being physically dragged out of a girly bar by some angry Thai security guys. I took a chance and walked up to them, grabbed the sailor by the shoulder and asked loudly where he had been and that I was looking for him everywhere. One Thai guy asked me if he was my friend and I said yes and hoped for the best. They pushed him hard toward me and told me to get him out of there or 'big problem'. I got him out of there. It was spur of the moment and I'm well aware it could have turned ugly quickly. I'm 65 now so I don't know that I'd chance it again.

1 hour ago, Expat Tom said:

Thai tour bus driver must have been provoked enough to justify his wrath. Usually the uncouth behaviors came from tuk tuk or van drivers. Tour bus drivers are normally better paid and more disciplined. Moreover victim is a farang and elderly too. 

1 hour ago, toenail said:

If a traveler is new in a country sometimes what is a “caring” or normal Western response to a situation may not be acceptable to locals. In Africa I learned if one had a car accident it was best to leave the scene and rush to your local embassy and report the tragedy than face a mob of locals stoning you to death. In Bangkok I once saw this young Thai man beating the heck out of his girlfriend. I started to walk up to him to stop his brutality until my friend warned me to not get involved; for he may hurt me instead of “cooling down”. In the States, a man helping single women (all ages)with a flat tire  is frowned upon in some areas. 

I imagine this guy didn’t know how Thai men will suddenly join together to fight an individual even though these Thai thugs don’t know the whole story.

Thai men join into the fight if one party is Thai because it is an insult to their Thai face if Thais lost the fight to foreigners. It is the nationalistic thing regardless who is right or who started first. Especially those uncouth Thais in the blue collar jobs or nightlife.  

2 hours ago, mike787 said:

Connda is 100% correct...many of us have seen this process evolve in this gutless manner countless times over.  Expats are the antichrist, they must be separated from their cash before we beat them and throw them out of our kingdom.

Thai economic factor is getting better and better through the years on one hand while the quality of foreign tourists especially those from the west are going down. Thais are looking at the foreigners with different eyes now and it is not a positive result .They are also better informed now through the internet and know their status better now unlike a couple of decades ago. 

Cheap air travel worldwide does not help either. 

1 minute ago, bender92 said:

Seems like the tourists he went to help left him to be beaten.

yes ...I thought exactly the same .... where were they when he needed them ??

Honestly , for me ..... I don't care .... just walk past. It's not my business and i could be stabbed for interferring. It's not being a coward, it's being sensible and able to live tomorrow. imo

So I'm Waiting at a stoplight here in Bangkok and on the sidewalk there is a Thai man beating up a Thai lady. A couple years ago in America I'm waiting in traffic and on the sidewalk a negro man is beating up a white woman. 

when have you ever seen a fight kick off in the street and its 'queensbury rules'?

i think possibly only the pikeys do it..and that when its organised, a punch up in the street is never 1 on 1, get off you high horses.!
always the same on TV..blame thais no matter what...you really must have had some bad experiences here.

it not just a 'thai' thing, being English i'd say watch any CCTV form uk at weekends! pretty sure it goes for any nationality too!
if i were to generalise and judge a book by its cover i'd say sleeve tats and a footy shirt on stereotypical larger lout/beer monster look, if 1st time in Thailand probably though he's sort it being larger in size..add a skin full of booze..but maybe he's a perfectly nice chap. who knows. either way hope he gets better

Archived