Brit left with fractured skull after Thai thugs "teach him a lesson for interfering"

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes! In Thailand we must remember to stand by and watch as thugs beat up and rape innocents. And always video it, not to catch the thugs but yo upload to FB and other social media. Thailand is perfectly safe if you just mind your own business and allow them yo do whatever they like.

3 hours ago, alzack said:

you wont end up right mate, you wont end up very well at all, in fact you could well be blamed and put on a plane home. 

...you're BOTH right, fighting it out and walking away as I see it.  I have decided to let the BIG guy up stairs sort it all out, but it make for a difficult sleep.

3 hours ago, jackdd said:

His name is "Saenpetch Robert Porter", so probably he is half Thai and most likely he grew up in Thailand. So half of his DNA might be western, but everything else is Thai ????

He has perfected that dull Thai look in his eyes as well

I have the utmost respect for this guy in doing the right thing. Too bad there wasn't anyone else in the immediate area that had the guts to help him. Too many people these days afraid to get involved. It's sad what the world has become. We are supposed to look out after one another. It "used" to be that way. The world is changing and not for the better unfortunately.

4 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Again, where are you seeing that? You said you can "see joy on her face." There's no evidence of it in the photo.

Joy ,   i knew her in a previous life,   she take care very good, never go farang before

Then , i come along , Nuff said ..555

11 hours ago, soalbundy said:

I feel sorry for the man but you really shouldn't interfere with fights or any altercations, it's a recipe for disaster.

Would that be your opinion if you were being beaten while others just stood and watched?

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

These kids don't look all that tough, but they do look like dirt .bags. He surely did something wrong if he couldn't defend himself with them. 

You weren't there. Maybe one came from behind with the club and clocked him and then the others started stomping him. I agree that the three individuals look like they could easily be handled but again you (nor I) were there to help and no one else standing around would. 

4 hours ago, chilli42 said:

I am left wondering what the people who he went to help did while he was getting the snot kicked out of him.  If I were this gentleman I would find and pay a few lads to rearrange the leg bones of the perpetrators at amusing angles.  When in Rome ....

Pound down , 39 bht ,, be realistic , old chap.

12 hours ago, z42 said:

Well these idiots should be taught a lesson and given the maximum allowable for assault with weapons, and also a nice bill for the hospital and compensation for the injured British guy.

I'd say they're just lucky the victim wasn't Chinese or it'd be a major loss of face for the nation

A Chinese stopping to help a tourist being beaten?.....doubtful. 

14 hours ago, poohy said:

You rarely see a one on one thai fight

Theres a much better chance where i come from that a fight is between 2 people not one guy being attacked by a bloke and his 20 mates armed with their handbags

Maybe 20 years ago, sadly.

I wouldn't get involved in a street fight in the UK as the same, or even worse outcome

would ensue.

4 hours ago, Sailboat said:

So I'm Waiting at a stoplight here in Bangkok and on the sidewalk there is a Thai man beating up a Thai lady. A couple years ago in America I'm waiting in traffic and on the sidewalk a negro man is beating up a white woman. 

Hey got that new handle up and posting!! Woohoo!

Good going Sailboat. Less good on the whataboutery deflection here. What about America ..... what about Patagonia. What about Niels Hoegel?

What about it? We are talking about Thailand here. Time to sail on into the discussion, Make it So.

4 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

When will he learn and others don t get involved if they is a fight.not your business and you saw  nothing.next  time they may have big knives and guns.

And if you see it is bristolgeoff getting the kicking go on your merry way, no need to even feel guilty about being gutless.

But seriously, people should weigh up the situation before getting involved especially if the person being beaten may have started the trouble.

Well the wife has been warned and it seems the thugs and their families are in the business of education and offer free tuition.  Might be time to move.  In Australia it's called harass witness and you would be arrested and face imprisonment 

10 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

Would that be your opinion if you were being beaten while others just stood and watched?

10 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

You weren't there. Maybe one came from behind with the club and clocked him and then the others started stomping him. I agree that the three individuals look like they could easily be handled but again you (nor I) were there to help and no one else standing around would. 

9 hours ago, Penicillin said:

A Chinese stopping to help a tourist being beaten?.....doubtful. 

7 hours ago, shy coconut said:

Maybe 20 years ago, sadly.

I wouldn't get involved in a street fight in the UK as the same, or even worse outcome

would ensue.

3 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

They are cowardly bullies !

3 hours ago, chang1 said:

And if you see it is bristolgeoff getting the kicking go on your merry way, no need to even feel guilty about being gutless.

But seriously, people should weigh up the situation before getting involved especially if the person being beaten may have started the trouble.

The link from Daily News say.

นายลุกเห็นเพื่อนกำลังมีเรื่อง” = “Mr Luke saw his friend having the situation

So is Mr Luke the superhero helping strangers?

Or is he in the fight helping with his friend? I think that.

Why the fight happen?

I think just drunk people having a fight. Nighttime. Everyone have tattoo. Just the fight together. Luke lose.

19 hours ago, 30la said:

young Thais are increasingly organizing themselves into hooligan groups!

They always did. These things are now more visible due to the omnipresence of cameras, on phones and CCTV, and the ability of people to publicise these videos on Facebook. I remember witnessing fights involving large numbers of youths around Lam Sali in Bangkok in 1998.

20 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Same with gangs everywhere.  Why do they have drive by shootings instead of one on one gentleman's duels.  Times changed right after Camelot and that King Arthur and Lancelot thing.  

I envisage 12foot lances on motosais. No helmet.

The town lost its charm more than a decade ago. It just attracts all the Khao San Road-Full Moon Party idiots. My hunch is the stupid foreigners as always managed to piss off the locals. When i see these types of foreigners and you can see then coming a mile away i run in the other direction knowing these misfit weirdos are going to leave a path of destruction as the walk down the street. One reason i just avoid these tourist slums and the majority of foreigners. Guess what ? After nineteen years of traveling throughout Southeast Asia and more of Thailand than many foreigners i have NEVER had any much issues with the locals, police or immigration.

drunk-tourist-thailand.jpg

On 6/1/2019 at 1:07 PM, shady86 said:

Why thugs here dont have balls to go one on one? Oh, they are born without balls... 

Comments about not having the courage to go one on one always amaze me. Haven't you people ever been in a defence force? If an army/navy/airforce wants to win it goes in with superior numbers and preferably weapons as well. And there was no lack of balls in the Air Force I was a member of. 

Archived