Swift justice! Thai man gets eight years for rape of Norwegian tourist on Koh Phangan

rooster59

19 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Cut his nuts off first would stop him.

yes without tetesterone, no more sexual feeling. My good friend 2 years ago, had his removed, as it was feeding the cancer. No more sex will occur afterwards

8 years, cut in half for admitting it once he couldn't wriggle like the worm he is any further ... and probably out in 4. Good job he wasn't picking mushrooms, illegal logging or saying something unpalatable to the authorities online. Pretty pathetic sentence really and will probably do a rinse and repeat once released as I doubt getting his act together and working will be in the forefront of his scumbag mind. Might as well just cap these types or hard labour making stuff for the society they tried to destroy and keeping them out of circulation for good, just garbage.

On 6/1/2019 at 10:33 AM, z42 said:

Despicable. 8 years off because he confessed, in spite of all the evidence pointing to guilt otherwise.

I'd imagine it's to save time, court costs, lawyers, etc.  Sort of like a plea bargain back in the west...or USA anyways. 

2 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

What makes you think that? 

This is not the western world. 

Only way to get this is through a royal pardon. 

Even your fellow mod said 4-5 years earlier in the thread and I believe him. Once he's gone through the system and with overcrowding and other considerations then he'll be quietly set free prematurely, although there is little follow up data available on this sort of stuff, so ultimately we are not sure ... but I highly doubt he will have the book thrown at him properly and be made to serve the full extent deserved for his misdeeds. Then again, maybe I'm too cynical and the the Thai Justice system will do what's right ... haha.   

Lets face it that if they gave out the proper sentences and made them do the full stretch where I live in issan they would have to build a prison with the size and room occupancy of Las Vegas.

If Thailand had a police force the same as the uk with their conviction rate more than half of Thailand would be behind bars.

9 hours ago, Brigand said:

Once he's gone through the system and with overcrowding and other considerations then he'll be quietly set free prematurely, 

I doubt this guy has the finances to accomplish this. 

Here's some good insight on how it works. 

http://www.thailandbail.com/amnesty-sentence-reduction-pardons-prisoner-class-parole-and-other-post-trial-services/

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2019 at 9:27 PM, happy chappie said:

Lets face it that if they gave out the proper sentences and made them do the full stretch where I live in issan they would have to build a prison with the size and room occupancy of Las Vegas.

If Thailand had a police force the same as the uk with their conviction rate more than half of Thailand would be behind bars.

Apparently that is not the solution, lower London is a crime infested dump.

The world is a mad place ... people need to be careful where they go, what they do and how they behave.... don't become the next victim, avoid excess drinking, avoid talking to strangers in dark areas when alons, avoid certain attire that may attract the sickos who haunt such parties

• 2 weeks later...

Archived