90 day report issue

20190531_215022.thumb.jpg.0f69f91a5580d7a554a1d60365a0e687.jpgCurrently on a retirement extension, expires end of June. I obtained the extension through an agent. The extension was done at Roi et, even though my residence is currently bangkok. 4 months ago the agent told me they had changed the address to my bangkok address however upon doing an online 90 day report last week, received a rejection from immigration with the reason written in thai. Google tranlate roughly tells me the rejection is because my address hasn't been changed so it seems it was never done.

My intention is to go to Savannakhet this month to apply for a multi non o based on marriage. My question is, will I have a problem on leaving thailand or on applying for the visa at the embassy given the above?

13 minutes ago, johnny1966 said:

My intention is to go to Savannakhet this month to apply for a multi non o based on marriage. My question is, will I have a problem on leaving thailand or on applying for the visa at the embassy given the above?

No problem leaving or applying.

• Thanks 1

No problem to leave the country and doing the application at the consulate.

Departure immigration only looks to see that you are not on an overstay before stamping you out of the country.

The consulate knows nothing about your status while in the country.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2019 at 6:05 PM, ubonjoe said:

No problem to leave the country and doing the application at the consulate.

Departure immigration only looks to see that you are not on an overstay before stamping you out of the country.

The consulate knows nothing about your status while in the country.

Would I not technically be on overstay given I have not changed my address to my true address in Bangkok and have not done the 90 day report? Also would the consulate at Savannakhet look to see if my last reported address (Roi et agents address) matches my real address in Bangkok?

14 minutes ago, johnny1966 said:

Would I not technically be on overstay given I have not changed my address to my true address in Bangkok and have not done the 90 day report? Also would the consulate at Savannakhet look to see if my last reported address (Roi et agents address) matches my real address in Bangkok?

A overstay is only staying longer than your permit to stay date. Nothing else creates a overstay.

The consulate will have no interest in your address and etc. They can only see what you put on the application form. They have no access to immigrations records.

28 minutes ago, johnny1966 said:

Would I not technically be on overstay given I have not changed my address to my true address in Bangkok and have not done the 90 day report?

No. A 90 day report is to update immigration with your address. It has nothing to do with your permission to stay. 

28 minutes ago, johnny1966 said:

Also would the consulate at Savannakhet look to see if my last reported address (Roi et agents address) matches my real address in Bangkok?

No. You've left the country and your previous addresses are irrelevant. They simply want you to declare the address you're planning on staying at when you next enter. And they are not interested in any future addresses beyond that, because once you're in the country you're immigrations 'problem'.

On 6/11/2019 at 4:55 PM, ubonjoe said:

A overstay is only staying longer than your permit to stay date. Nothing else creates a overstay.

The consulate will have no interest in your address and etc. They can only see what you put on the application form. They have no access to immigrations records.

Thanks Joe. Further to this, after obtaining the non O multi from Savannakhet, and on entering Thailand I will use my Bangkok address. Will this be a problem considering my agent may have used an upcountry address in the old retirement extension?

And, after this I will have to go to CW to have my stamps transferred from my old passport into my new passport (which I will get when my current pp is full: approximately in 3-6 months time). Will the officers responsible for transferring stamps pick up on the fact that my previous visa was obtained through an agent (in Roi Et) and if so, will I have to pay a fine given the address? I have had it on good advice from a very helpful member here that I should immediately go to CW after obtaining the non Immigrant O visa and notify them of my change of address, actually i do not know if the agent used an upcountry address with the retirement extension but I assume so.

3 minutes ago, johnny1966 said:

Thanks Joe. Further to this, after obtaining the non O multi from Savannakhet, and on entering Thailand I will use my Bangkok address. Will this be a problem considering my agent may have used an upcountry address in the old retirement extension?

No problem.

5 minutes ago, johnny1966 said:

And, after this I will have to go to CW to have my stamps transferred from my old passport into my new passport (which I will get when my current pp is full: approximately in 3-6 months time).

Since you will be using a non-o to get your entries you do not need to go to immigration to have your stamps transferred. You can have it done on the departure from the country.

I suggest you submit a TM30 form to immigration at CW so that it will be on file showing your current address.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No problem.

Since you will be using a non-o to get your entries you do not need to go to immigration to have your stamps transferred. You can have it done on the departure from the country.

I suggest you submit a TM30 form to immigration at CW so that it will be on file showing your current address.

Thanks again Joe. Would there be a fine involved on submitting the t30?