Shocking! Thai mother and Cambodian stepfather did this to their six year old boy

webfact

3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

It happens every day in your country also, it is not peculiar to Thailand.

Yes but that is no excuse for Thailand, the Thai brains work in an ugly way when it comes to violence, I have seen it up close here, maybe it's more hidden in my home country. 

3 hours ago, GBW said:

Of course violence is not the answer, I certainly never suggested that in my post. You suggest I should change my Uname to GBH, well I suggest you pull your head in and look at the OP and maybe you will then see and understand what GBH is. 

I wrote the OP. I understand implicitly.

Rooster

Neighbours to rescue of boy abused by parents

By The Nation

6e1b6f5aa0649aa3696427dce88307ae-sld.jpe

AUTHORITIES have rescued a six-year-old boy from his own mother after neighbours heard him cry out in pain and reported suspected abuse.

When police and rescue workers rushed to his home in Chon Buri province on Sunday, they found the injured boy.

There were bruises and blisters all over his body, including on his sex organs, and so he was rushed to hospital where he is still receiving treatment. 

Officials said the boy looked brighter, when he was away from his mother and stepfather. 

“They both hit me,” the boy was quoted as saying.

The boy’s mother, 24, said she had hit her own son because he often urinated and defecated on his bed. 

“Please don’t arrest me. I have to take care of my little baby,” the mother said. She has been charged with physical assault. 

After ending her relationship with her former husband, she has been living with a Cambodian. The couple has had a daughter together. The baby is just one month old. 

Her Cambodian husband said he would like to apologise to his stepson and society. 

“I am now repentant. I am sorry for being hotheaded. Back then, I just thought I should discipline my stepson,” he said. 

Neighbours said the family had moved into their community about two months ago. During the past three weeks, they heard the boy crying most of the time, they said. 

Worried about the boy’s safety, they alerted the authorities. 

This case brings to light domestic child abuse, which experts say has haunted too many children in Thailand. 

Gary Risser, chief of Child Protection at Unicef Thailand, earlier this year said that data from a 2015-16 National Statistical Office survey found that some 4.2 per cent of children between age one and 14 had experienced severe physical punishment at home in the month preceding the survey.

This included being hit or slapped on the face, head or ears, or being repeatedly struck with force by a parent. 

If that percentage holds true nationally, it would amount to around 470,000 cases nationally.

Risser highlighted the figures in her bid to push for a better child-protection systems at every level. 

According to her, Thailand currently has a ratio of just 4.46 social workers for every 100,000 people. This lack of professional staff limits the effectiveness of the system in prevention and providing protection.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30370498

thenation_logo.jpg

10 hours ago, balo said:

They are animals, and no brains. Happens every day in this country. Bring the kid to a foster family where he will be loved and not beaten.  

Animals do not do that sort of thing to their offspring, 

Animals generally fight to the death to protect offspring

7 minutes ago, Bipolar said:

For gawd sake, no child should ever be beaten or punished...ever. This is sheer monstrosity. How on earth can anyone beat a 6 year old kid...what the hell is wrong with their minds....these parents should be beaten up terribly and hanged......definitely not humans. When kids do something wrong, they should be spoken to gently and counselled etc not scolding, shouting or worst beating. A kid who is properly loved will grow up perfectly, its when love is missing, they stray.

Advocating violence against the offenders achieves nothing, in fact , you are saying one form of violence unacceptable, but another is acceptable

I understand your outrage, but we need other solutions without resorting to violence.

We do not know their circumstances, and I am in NO WAY condoning the appalling behaviour.

The child will live with the physical and emotional scars for life, where does he and his sibling receive the care they deserve, with social services almost non existent, let alone support for counselling for him.

19 hours ago, colinneil said:

Poor little boy, beatings by his own mother !!

Not fit to have children, needs sterilised so she cannot have anymore.

Crazy thinking beating the boy will stop him wetting the bed, fear off more beatings will make him do it all the more.

I had a child with this prolonged bed wetting problem. Once on a vacation trip, we shared a bed at an overpriced hotel. I woke up in the middle of the night thinking I was in a (warm) swimming pool.

My boy was about the same age as this tyke.

But I cleaned up as best I could and advised the front office of our "accident".

But .......... I never beat him or even yelled at him for it.

Eventually he grew out of it. Never did know what the problem was.

Hope this family can get back on track and the boy isn't emotionally scarred forever.

13 hours ago, balo said:

They are animals, and no brains. Happens every day in this country. Bring the kid to a foster family where he will be loved and not beaten.  

This is not a problem unique to Thailand ("Happens every day in this country").

My eldest brother got beaten by my father from very young until the time he escaped. Family tell me just how brutally. Somehow, the worst I got was being yelled at (probably deserved it though).

My x wife got beaten by her father frequently. While belt whipping her behind, he used to say to her, "don't you dare pass out on me". Yet we both came from loving, respectable families.

And I assure you, it wasn't in Thailand. Try Canada.

47 minutes ago, neeray said:

This is not a problem unique to Thailand ("Happens every day in this country").

My eldest brother got beaten by my father from very young until the time he escaped. Family tell me just how brutally. Somehow, the worst I got was being yelled at (probably deserved it though).

My x wife got beaten by her father frequently. While belt whipping her behind, he used to say to her, "don't you dare pass out on me". Yet we both came from loving, respectable families.

And I assure you, it wasn't in Thailand. Try Canada.

Loving? Respectable? whilst brutalising children

Veneer of both it seems

Bed wetting is often a sign of trauma, anxiety etc.

chilldrens natural development if nurtured n protected brings wetting to a halt before the age of six.

Children respond to their environment.

children also act as honest mirrors to what is going on in the home and will act out feelings attitudes denied suppressed or hidden from others outside the family unit that are in the parents and their relationships with other children and each other.

wetting the bed is not ‘wrong’ or ‘bad behaviour’ or willfullness defiance is an attempt to cope by a small human who dies not have the capacities to cope with what is going on around them and the impact for them internally !

Guest Jerry787

put the stepfather in jail and lock him for ever.
no sorry or wai accepted again child violence!

5 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Advocating violence against the offenders achieves nothing, in fact , you are saying one form of violence unacceptable, but another is acceptable

I understand your outrage, but we need other solutions without resorting to violence.

We do not know their circumstances, and I am in NO WAY condoning the appalling behaviour.

The child will live with the physical and emotional scars for life, where does he and his sibling receive the care they deserve, with social services almost non existent, let alone support for counselling for him.

Yes violence will show him what the poor child went through give him to me for a week he will learn the errors of his ways 

heart wrenching really ???? such people has no place on earth imo! better exterminate such people!

beating a small 6 years old little kid this way ????

hope they jail them hard and take the child into protection.

On 6/3/2019 at 9:39 AM, ratcatcher said:

Maybe their incessant and brutal beatings of this little boy were the cause of his continually wetting the bed? Hopefully he is in a better place now. 

I'm surprised the poor little fellow didn't sh!t the bed!

19 hours ago, webfact said:

“I am now repentant. I am sorry for being hotheaded. Back then, I just thought I should discipline my stepson,” he said. 

Really two months later you’re all good.... don’t think so.

Sickening. Too much sad. Can't stop crying after seeing this. Why talk so much about the mother n stepfather? Can only think about the poor little boy. Where is he now? Why does God allow such a thing to happen? Who will take care of him in future? Does someone have more information? I deeply hope, pray and wish that he will get a new family. A loving, caring and harmonic environment for him to grow up in peace and heal his wounds.

• 4 months later...
On 6/3/2019 at 12:30 PM, Jane Dough said:

I suggest you change your name to GBH. 

Of course this incident is terrible but resorting to violence is not the answer. 

The neighbors did the right thing in alerting the authorities though they were rather late.

Rooster

my father was a bully, and retaliating with violence is the answer

Archived