Truck collides with power pole in Krabi, driver injured

webfact

Truck collides with power pole in Krabi, driver injured

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

1559547529476.jpg

A truck has collided with a power pole after the driver allegedly fell asleep at the wheel in Krabi today.

The truck, carrying palm tree trunks, collided with a power pole on Phetkasem Road in Krabi city.

The power pole was broken and cables had been pulled down. The truck driver also sustained injuries and was taken to Klongtom Hospital.

Witnesses told police that the truck lost control then collided with the power poles before coming to a sudden stop. At this stage police believe that the driver fell asleep at wheel but are continuing their investigation.

1559547533465.jpg

1559547544059.jpg

1559547551894.jpg

Source: https://thethaiger.com/news/krabi/truck-collides-with-power-pole-in-krabi-driver-injured

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-06-03

16 hours ago, webfact said:

Witnesses told police that the truck lost control

I never saw that during my 40 years as an international trucker in all Europe included behind the " iron curtain "..:cheesy:

but the driver lost control of the truck should be better ..

5 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

I never saw that during my 40 years as an international trucker in all Europe included behind the " iron curtain "..:cheesy:

Yeah, when I saw the headline I worried I'd read about the power pole losing control.

7 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

I derives from the buffalo driving days where the buffalo made all the decisions

12 hours ago, TheHangingJudge said:

Pole didn’t indicate 

Pole wasnt  drunk, pole  was  paying  attention, pole definitely wasnt  gawking at its  phone, pole  had  more brains/sense  than the driver however  pole probably was made with weak watery mix of concrete and  dropped  into a hole without the use of concrete, pole  not  liable not  poles  fault so in that way  similar to the Thai driver.

The  pole rests its  case M'lud.

Archived