can the pound hold 39bt

6 hours ago, bomber said:

patriotic bulldogs,summer season i love in my local,they come back moaning about prices being expensive and then they blame the EU,how very sad,trying to explain to them is like impossible,yesterday a ex army mate of mine was trying to encourage someone to sell up and move to benidorm as its cheap as chips,it is quite cheap but may not be very soon.

If the person considering moving to Benidorm is reliant on Sterling income longer term then they might not want to take the risk if their wealth unduly suffers under further future exchange volatility.

2 hours ago, bomber said:

you will find free health care free,primary schools and free secondary schools are common place within the EU,and most wont be charging £9.00 for perscriptions or paying alcoholics extra benefits,France is the no1 most visited county on the planet if i remember correctly and certainly has a bit more going for it than the UK,mexico is popular with expats and holiday makers,china has good area's and a few  expats,same as various areas of africa.iam afraid the terraces have taken its toll on you,no surrender,rule britannia and all that rubbish.

7. United Kingdom - 37.7 million visitors

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/10-most-visited-countries-in-the-world.html

You forget to mention the UK in your list of most pouplar visited countries

10 hours ago, sanemax said:

For some of us , the amount of money in our pockets or the exchange rate isnt our primary concern .

Previous generations have suffered extreme hardship , millions dying for their Countries freedom

Melodramatic music, audience have tears in the eyes. 

"The End" appears on the screen. 

A couple of years ago, I read here :

" We have not vote Leave for us, but for our children/grandchildren." 

So sacrificing. 

10 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Don't worry about Brexit, if the Scotland  leaves the union, you will have an enormous deficit and the pound will go in a freefall.

Those "other" red lines are already designed in the backroom ….:whistling:

cover_20181020.jpg

16 hours ago, Jajazazajaja said:

I’m sick of being told by Brexiteers on fixed incomes that the pound will “come back” 

brexit will take 20 years to sort out and the pound will just keep sliding 

Brexit has not happened yet those supporting remain refuse to consider it is membership of the EU that has resulted in the UK economic situation. I used to get over 70 THB to the £, now less than 40, all contributed to by the EU membership.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, alant said:

Brexit has not happened yet those supporting remain refuse to consider it is membership of the EU that has resulted in the UK economic situation. I used to get over 70 THB to the £, now less than 40, all contributed to by the EU membership.

And so both sides keep in a blocked situation, with a further more declining sliding GBP , who ever is right …. in that outcome you are  united ….

6 hours ago, vinny41 said:

7. United Kingdom - 37.7 million visitors

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/10-most-visited-countries-in-the-world.html

You forget to mention the UK in your list of most pouplar visited countries

the brexiteer stated france was a shit hole,i merely stated it was the no 1 visited country in the world,where the UK came wasnt an issue,it was about where i expected it to be,but it could rise with our EU friends nipping across the channel on booze cruises to stock up with the pound being knackered

The Pound will fall to B30-35 after a hard Brexit crash out and stay around 39-40 id a soft Brexit. It will rise to B50 if we remain. I warned the Brexiteer economic suicide squad here at the time after they voted to leave and the Pound fell 20%. They then told me "don't worry it will climb back up within 3 weeks! Currently I am losing 27% of my pension's values compared to when the Conservatives first announced a referendum.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alant said:

Nothing to do with EU membership. If that were true then GBP would have strengthened against the Baht after the Brexit vote? It fell at least 20%. The great rate you used to get was following the Asian financial crisis, when the Baht was hit hard.

A good Brexit outcome, preferably no Brexit, will see the GBP rate recover, a “no deal” fiasco will see it weaken further. 

I think anyone from the UK living in Thailand or contemplating going to Thailand has to budget for 35 ... if you can cope with that rate you’ll be okay. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, baansgr said:

And the OP suddenly stopped posting at 6AM so probably dosn't even live in Thailand anymore

He claims he doesn't. But that's OK. He's an expert on everything and a mathematical genius.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Estrada said:

The Pound will fall to B30-35 after a hard Brexit crash out and stay around 39-40 id a soft Brexit. It will rise to B50 if we remain. I warned the Brexiteer economic suicide squad here at the time after they voted to leave and the Pound fell 20%. They then told me "don't worry it will climb back up within 3 weeks! Currently I am losing 27% of my pension's values compared to when the Conservatives first announced a referendum.

Unfortunately if your primary source of income is a Sterling based pension which is largely spent, then there is little you can do about anything other than watch.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Unfortunately if your primary source of income is a Sterling based pension which is largely spent, then there is little you can do about anything other than watch.

Not quite true, we could all dump out Thai gfs/wives, in effect doubling our income (by halving our spending).

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Estrada said:

So you're claiming the UK pound would be the strongest currency in the west if not for Brexit?

Can't see that myself.

Also can't see how you're losing 27% of your pension, pound was 52 dropped to 40 = 23% drop

Not only that, but no need to change all your pension to Baht (unless it's really small).

Edited by BritManToo

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

So you're claiming the UK pound would be the strongest currency in the west if not for Brexit?

Can't see that myself.

The poster makes no reference to such a thing,youve dreamt it up

12 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

I don't understand what you're trying to say ....

I don't know if you are British but it's not a "crap country", try living in Africa, China, Mexico or Russia.

Granted, the politics at the moment are abhorrent but that's only because we're stuck on the most crucial decision in our lifetimes.

I hope your children won't need free healthcare, free primary and secondary education and a social system that catches pretty much the most vulnerable.

The UK, like any other country isn't perfect but it's far from a shit hole. Trust me...I've been to France! ????

Aah, take no notice of 'S'. Usually it's others having a go at the Thai politics which ruffles him. 'S' is just in retaliation mode so if we just ignore him he might just wear his keyboard out or blow a gasket.:coffee1:

Edited by TKDfella