can the pound hold 39bt

2 minutes ago, bomber said:

Fill ya boots

Interbank is currently 39.65 so even allowing for TT it shouldnt have been lower than 39.42 give or take a few satang. I have a SCB account but I never use it for incoming transfers from my own bank prefering Transferwise where you would have got 39.65 period

20 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

We need some good brexit news to come through, could take a few years

Well the Euro isn't doing any better and that will sink further . Pound will pick up.

Put money in your own country's currency don't change it to Baht.  I have a foreign currency acc in Bkk Bank.Change some to Baht when I need to.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Percy P said:

Well the Euro isn't doing any better and that will sink further . Pound will pick up.

Put money in your own country's currency don't change it to Baht.  I have a foreign currency acc in Bkk Bank.Change some to Baht when I need to.

I am going the other way .. keep funds in THB and change to GBP when I have funds to do so .

Just now, Percy P said:

Pound will pick up.

Best joke for today, congrats. 

From October on free fall, I expect 34-35 Baht, Euro - Pound 1:1 .

So to park it on a Pound Account is throwing money out of the window every day. Good luck

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Best joke for today, congrats. 

From October on free fall, I expect 34-35 Baht, Euro - Pound 1:1 .

So to park it on a Pound Account is throwing money out of the window every day. Good luck

I thought the Euro got 40bht so 1:1 would be OK for the pound.

Or is the Euro not worth so much these days?

Only worth 35bht now, that's a 12.5% drop since Brexit ...........

But that's still better than the Aussie dollar that lost 30% since Brexit.

Edited by BritManToo

24 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Interbank is currently 39.65 so even allowing for TT it shouldnt have been lower than 39.42 give or take a few satang. I have a SCB account but I never use it for incoming transfers from my own bank prefering Transferwise where you would have got 39.65 period

Maybe it shouldn't but it was.    SCB TT 39.12  at 15:07 today.   still the same at 16.12

519621053_ScreenShot2019-06-04at16_01_58.png.f6b8b8f614973e9281180e4278bee479.png

14 minutes ago, bomber said:

Just what weve known for 3 years,brexiteers will say its fake news

It will go lower in the short term for sure because of the uncertainty .. It will go lower still if no deal because all the forecasters , IMF etc are saying it will be a disaster .. Once established that it is not the end of the world it will go higher IMO 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
20 hours ago, bomber said:
good luck with that one,message me in a few years as to how you got on emoji1787.png

Could be worse, will be for the EU and Euro

Do you just mean Euro vs THB will get worse, or other EU currencies vs THB, too?  If you’re just talking about the EURO, then it’s probably true, but if you’re including other EU currencies then you’re almost certainly wrong.  There’s no economic data to back that assertion.  Since Brexit, the Polish Zlotty hasn’t changed and the Swedish Krona has got stronger against THB.  Bottom line is: being a member of the EU is economically the best thing, but being a member of the EURO is not.  For British expats living in Thailand, the best thing that can happen is UK revokes Article 50 - but the english aren’t going to do that.  Immigration and austerity have pushed too many of them too far to the extreme right. Things are looking very bad for GBP.

Better question - why is the THB strengthening, and when will it level off?  

Thai exports will eventually be priced out of the market.  I wonder what is flowing from China through Thailand that keeps the exports strong? Just a thought. The government can subsidize things like farm products, but that can not work for the long-term. Something is funny.  

My guess is that it's painful now, but eventually the Thai baht breaks.

Don't worry fellow Brit Brothers, you got the Americans back all these years were in this together. Trump is there now ( for the record I didn't vote for him )  he is going to put the Great back into Britain as soon as confirmation there is a trade deal the pound will be going back up but of course, don't even think 50 be happy 42?????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, churchill said:

It will go lower in the short term for sure because of the uncertainty .. It will go lower still if no deal because all the forecasters , IMF etc are saying it will be a disaster .. Once established that it is not the end of the world it will go higher IMO 

i agree it will go higher,it will rise like a phoenix from 30 to 31-32,anyone else on here noticed most of the brexiteers have Brit/UK/Unionjacks/or famous British names from history in the profiles

3 hours ago, bomber said:

It reached 55 2 or 3 months before the referendum.

Yes and it was 58 in 2015 so whats your point?

image.png.ea5eb4aef2afddedda03468ed694e8dd.png

Even before the referendum the pound has been progressively weakening as the graph below shows. Brexit can only be attributed (possibly) to a small part of the decline.

image.png.f2d5b15759c2ac24e85f2f46088322c0.png

Edited by Chelseafan
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Don't worry fellow Brit Brothers, you got the Americans back all these years were in this together. Trump is there now ( for the record I didn't vote for him )  he is going to put the Great back into Britain as soon as confirmation there is a trade deal the pound will be going back up but of course, don't even think 50 be happy 42?????

a US trade deal is would barely be worth the paper it was written on to the UK,We barely manufacture anything these days and what we do is geared to european markets/standards,you can rule out cars or anything automotive,electronics,white goods,aviation as we are airbus orientated,food,medicine. whiskey and rolls royce engines are about the only worthwhile exports and they are already traded so no great gain,new avenues will not arise and even more so with nappy man's america first poicy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, yodsak said:

We will see how accurate this forecast is.   They don't think it's going up. 

873188767_ScreenShot2019-06-03at21_23_56.png.9aa463fbc73172880ce7768399dc65be.png1143264395_ScreenShot2019-06-03at21_33_48.png.428fca9d6a5fe6752af3767ed0fd169d.png

what mob compiled this?the same lot who predicted the uk would go  bankrupt if we didn,t join the euro?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paul52 said:

Do you just mean Euro vs THB will get worse, or other EU currencies vs THB, too?  If you’re just talking about the EURO, then it’s probably true, but if you’re including other EU currencies then you’re almost certainly wrong.  There’s no economic data to back that assertion.  Since Brexit, the Polish Zlotty hasn’t changed and the Swedish Krona has got stronger against THB.  Bottom line is: being a member of the EU is economically the best thing, but being a member of the EURO is not.  For British expats living in Thailand, the best thing that can happen is UK revokes Article 50 - but the english aren’t going to do that.  Immigration and austerity have pushed too many of them too far to the extreme right. Things are looking very bad for GBP.

The Euro has depreciated by around 13% versus the baht since Brexit, the Zloty around 7% and the pound around 23%

The baht is definitely getting stronger against most currencies but the pound has been hit especially hard because of Brexit. If I was a betting man I would think most of the loss has already been factored in by the markets if we were leave without a deal.

3 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Yes and it was 58 in 2015 so whats your point?

image.png.ea5eb4aef2afddedda03468ed694e8dd.png

Even before the referendum the pound has been progressively weakening as the graph below shows. Brexit can only be attributed (possibly) to a small part of the decline.

image.png.f2d5b15759c2ac24e85f2f46088322c0.png

if you call 10-12% a small decline then god help you,the fairest way to asses the whole thing is the day before the vote,and 52 down to 47/8 is roughly 10% the following weeks in dropped another 2-3% which i would still put down do brekkie,of the last 5% drop i would put about 2-3% down to the bahts strength,so roughly 16-17% is brexit related. bare in mind the pound would of rose from 52 with a remain win,how much is debatable and guess work,but imo it would of rose to 55-57 and remained around that until the recent 2-3% surge in the baht,leaving it at roughly 54-55,economic data in the last 3 years would back me up,the economy was not going to crash with a remain vote.

9 minutes ago, kingdong said:

what mob compiled this?the same lot who predicted the uk would go  bankrupt if we didn,t join the euro?

Also whats happening in July 2022 that causes the baht to move from 30.6 to 27.6 ?

Just now, Chelseafan said:

The Euro has depreciated by around 13% versus the baht since Brexit, the Zloty around 7% and the pound around 23%

The baht is definitely getting stronger against most currencies but the pound has been hit especially hard because of Brexit. If I was a betting man I would think most of the loss has already been factored in by the markets if we were leave without a deal.

quite a lot of people think brexit did also weaken the Euro v other currencies although not the pound,probably not enough to give certain yes or no,but i think it did albeit only slightly

3 minutes ago, bomber said:

if you call 10-12% a small decline then god help you,the fairest way to asses the whole thing is the day before the vote,and 52 down to 47/8 is roughly 10% the following weeks in dropped another 2-3% which i would still put down do brekkie,of the last 5% drop i would put about 2-3% down to the bahts strength,so roughly 16-17% is brexit related. bare in mind the pound would of rose from 52 with a remain win,how much is debatable and guess work,but imo it would of rose to 55-57 and remained around that until the recent 2-3% surge in the baht,leaving it at roughly 54-55,economic data in the last 3 years would back me up,the economy was not going to crash with a remain vote.

I dont dispute that the 52 to 47 was due to brexit but anything beyond that is just you guessing.

Just now, bomber said:

quite a lot of people think brexit did also weaken the Euro v other currencies although not the pound,probably not enough to give certain yes or no,but i think it did albeit only slightly

Who said ?

3 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

No need to place a bet at the bookies. Just hold on to your Sterling and the bet will come to you.

1 minute ago, Chelseafan said:

I dont dispute that the 52 to 47 was due to brexit but anything beyond that is just you guessing.

Current lurch down for Sterling since leading Hard Brexiteer Boris declared his candidacy. Now guess away.

Edited by SheungWan
  • Like 1