Non Imm O multi v Retirement extension

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

You can apply for a 1 year extension of permission of stay within the last 30 days of any 90 day entry from an O Visa.

You are extending your permission of stay, not the 'O' Visa, which will expire on the 'enter before' date.

An extension, is a permit (not a Visa) issued by local Immigration offices within Thailand.

The basic financial requirements for an extension based on retirement are;

(Very first application only)

1. 800,000 THB deposited with a Thai bank for 2 months prior to the date of application,

OR

2. 65,000 BHT transferred from a foreign bank to a Thai bank for 2 months prior to the date of application, OR

3. A combination of funds and Income that total 800,000 BHT per annum.

(Funds of 200,000 BHT in a Thai bank and 2 x monthly transfers of 50,000 for 1st application).

OR

4. An Embassy Income letter (unless your from the UK, USA, Australia or Denmark).

For further extensions the financial requirements are based on 12 months proof of funds or/and income and have further conditions attached depending on the method used.

Thanks again for the info but I should have added in my original question , my non o m/e visa was based on the 800k retirement and now expired but now I am back in the UK and will acquire my new non o visa by way of the fact that I receive a UK state pension and that does not require any proof of earnings or money savings in any bank . So that said , is a 1 year extension possible based on my info ?

49 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Only for those who can't/don't supply the correct documentation or meet the financial requirements.

For the rest of us it's plain sailing.

The OP was on a marriage extension (not retirement), and doesn't have the required funds to renew.

The rules do not change day to day.

Agree different offices have different interpretations and their own set of requirements, but once familiar with what the requirements are at you local IO, then it shouldn't be a problem, provided you meet their requirements.

Same , same for Amphoe's, DLT offices in different Provinces.

Sorry, I thought he was coming to the end of his retirement ext. My mistake.

20 minutes ago, superal said:

Thanks again for the info but I should have added in my original question , my non o m/e visa was based on the 800k retirement and now expired

If you obtained it from an Immigration office in Thailand with proof of 800,000 BHT, then you had an extension based on retirement, which was a permit, not a Non Imm O ME Visa.

A permit does not allow any entry/exits (unlike a Visa). You can purchase either a single or multiple entry re-entry permit separately from local IO's, allowing entry/exit on the extension, which keeps any period of permission to stay previously granted valid.

You can also submit 90 day reports to local Immigration on an extension, but on a Non Imm O based on retirement you cannot and must exit/re-enter the Country at least every 90 days.

28 minutes ago, superal said:

I am back in the UK and will acquire my new non o visa by way of the fact that I receive a UK state pension and that does not require any proof of earnings or money savings in any bank .

With proof of receipt of a UK state pension (DWP letter) you can obtain either a single or multiple entry Non Imm O Visa from the Thai Embassy in London.

If it was your intention to apply for a 1 year extension based on retirement from a local Immigration office in Thailand, then the single entry is sufficient. (Financial requirements for 1st extension application as previously posted).

If you obtain the multi entry Non Imm O, it would be a waste of money for the Visa if you applied for an extension prior to the Visa expiring.

4 hours ago, superal said:

Thanks again for the info but I should have added in my original question , my non o m/e visa was based on the 800k retirement and now expired but now I am back in the UK and will acquire my new non o visa by way of the fact that I receive a UK state pension and that does not require any proof of earnings or money savings in any bank . So that said , is a 1 year extension possible based on my info ?

That may not be as straightforward as it was. The UK is due to go to E visa on 15th June and under the online options the state pension and multi entry may not be available.

I was looking to go the same way as you are suggesting but if the UK follow the Chinese model then it may be Plan?