Savannakhet Thai Consulate absolutely thronged with people

16 minutes ago, tabarin said:

Guess the sales of furniture, cars, motorbikes and other belongings will only continue at high speed on FB groups. 
It is like shopping for new items at 40-50% discount lately.

I have a bunch of stuff Im just going to throw in the trash. Still havent found a driver to help me dump the stuff somewhere. 

Edited by Essecola

17 minutes ago, Essecola said:

I have a bunch of stuff Im just going to throw in the trash. Still havent found a driver to help me dump the stuff somewhere. 

Advertise it in the free section on Craigslist, and someone will do the job of removing it for you.

• Like 2

Wow...i used to do that trip until i switched over to retirement extension and was considering switching back due to some of the new rules not being to my liking. However, seeing that has made my mind up not to go there for any more visas. What is the accomodation situation like there now? I can imagine the locals are taking advantage of the situation.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Essecola said:

Just dump it on the curb side, watch how fast it disappears.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From the photos of the standard of dress of many it certainly looks does not look like the reception area for the high quality tourists Thailand are wanting. Clearly the lady whom you suggested was Thai SS was only trained in noise abatement, not acceptable dress standards for the "new" Thailand. ????  . Perhaps de-licing showers will be installed there next ?????

Just in case the Max Mosely's of the world come there did the Thai SS lady have thigh high leather boots and hold a riding crop ?

Edited by geoffbezoz

2 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

What exactly is fueling all this? The problem getting income letter verification perhaps?

looking at the crowd most of those look under 50 so i'd say tourist visa applications now vientiene is fully booked

• Like 2

So..if appointments come in , a lot of these people will have to fly to HCM. Which in turn will soon fall in with other embassies.

Pity that, looks like I'll have to revert to extension based on marriage. Bummer.

Good report by the OP. Seeing is believing.

What’s required for marriage extension?

Are they multiple exit / entry?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app