Health insurance - less than 50 years - freshly divorced

Hi,

I was covered by my wife's work / family plan insurance, till divorce hit.

I am under 50, not working.

Any advice on some insurance company / policy that covers minimum, no outpatient needed.

Just in the event something major would happen...

Wife moved out, I live with my child in the house (which was given to my wife, but court "deal" let me live here a few more years), not even sure if my child is still covered by her "mother" as you have to live under the same roof and she clearly is not anymore.

thanks for your insights

6 hours ago, justin case said:

only 6637 baht a year ?

Look at the overall coverage level - 150,000 would just about buy a band aid in most private hospitals (ok exaggeration I know)

On 6/4/2019 at 9:54 AM, justin case said:

Just in the event something major would happen...

You would need a hell of a lot more than 150k baht for anything major.

Even the top level cover most would consider insufficient - and too expensive for what it is.

thanks, not 50 yet, so I would like to lowest possible premium... not on A-O, so no need for outpatient either... never had that anyway, always had to pay out of pocket 

anybody using this ?
https://www.thaihealth.co.th/2012/product_simply_eng.php

only 6637 baht a year ?
image.png.a57f39c661d2426cc84197d9869e7e23.png
For the decent insurers with decent cover, 16m+ baht, premiums are around 35k-50k for your age

If I get diabetes, will be my own fault ... fasting for 2 weeks on water and good to go

if I get cancer, will be partly my own fault ... no chemo for me, I need my immune system

would only be for well... road accident or something, or breaking a limb

only plan to use emergency stuff anyway

way too many people on drugs they don't need, fix nothing, never tested in combination with other pills, side effects more dangerous than initial disease, no thank you...

many people run to a hospital for the slightest thing... they don't look for the root cause, only to give you a pill so you won't feel your pain that is localized somewhere else...

speak out of experience... dead stomach (serious dyspepsia for 3-6 months), 4 hospital visits, gastroscopy, mri, ultrasound ...   pills to stop "acid burn" .. deemed idiopathic = dumb doctor does not know what or where so they blame it on the patient ...

did own reasearch ...  total lack of stomach acid as 99% of the population, but MD prescribed the opposite :   acid blockers, proton pump inhibitors... off course solved NOTHING ...

my "dead" stomach just need a good dose of ACID ... apple cider vinegar CURED my dead stomach in a few weeks ...  

so if the big premiums you pay are for T2D, cancer, high blood pressure, I know what to do and  what not to do...

but you can't control an a.hole driver you over with his bike on the sidewalk, a drunk driver hitting you head on, some thai pack dogs beating you over nothing... ER visit is the only thing I trust in any hospital in the world...

speak out of experience... dead stomach (serious dyspepsia for 3-6 months),

did own reasearch ...  total lack of stomach acid as 99% of the population, but MD prescribed the opposite :   acid blockers, proton pump inhibitors... off course solved NOTHING ...

my "dead" stomach just need a good dose of ACID ... apple cider vinegar CURED my dead stomach in a few weeks ...  

Interesting part that, what symptoms did you have? and how did you treat yourself with the vinegar?

BTW in your case, personal accident insurance sounds applicable. Axa has one with up to 650k cover max, premium around 14k, there are cheaper options

20 hours ago, justin case said:

If I get diabetes, will be my own fault ... fasting for 2 weeks on water and good to go

if I get cancer, will be partly my own fault ... no chemo for me, I need my immune system

would only be for well... road accident or something, or breaking a limb

only plan to use emergency stuff anyway

way too many people on drugs they don't need, fix nothing, never tested in combination with other pills, side effects more dangerous than initial disease, no thank you...

many people run to a hospital for the slightest thing... they don't look for the root cause, only to give you a pill so you won't feel your pain that is localized somewhere else...

speak out of experience... dead stomach (serious dyspepsia for 3-6 months), 4 hospital visits, gastroscopy, mri, ultrasound ...   pills to stop "acid burn" .. deemed idiopathic = dumb doctor does not know what or where so they blame it on the patient ...

so if the big premiums you pay are for T2D, cancer, high blood pressure, I know what to do and  what not to do...

but you can't control an a.hole driver you over with his bike on the sidewalk, a drunk driver hitting you head on, some thai pack dogs beating you over nothing... ER visit is the only thing I trust in any hospital in the world...

So you don't need health insurance but accident insurance only.

Hi Justin.

Are you still looking for Health Insurance, I know an Insurance brokerage that deals with all the major insurance companies across Thailand and should be able to tailor an insurance policy tailored to your needs. However I must warn you, the quality of the insurance policy depends on what you pay. 

Also if you plan to live in Thailand on a work visa then just note that under the new visa laws being planned re-health insurance only six Insurance providers have been approved so far. Maybe more when or if it is finally implemented.

Let me know if you are interested and I will pass on their details

18 hours ago, hdblk said:

Hi Justin.

Are you still looking for Health Insurance, I know an Insurance brokerage that deals with all the major insurance companies across Thailand and should be able to tailor an insurance policy tailored to your needs. However I must warn you, the quality of the insurance policy depends on what you pay. 

Also if you plan to live in Thailand on a work visa then just note that under the new visa laws being planned re-health insurance only six Insurance providers have been approved so far. Maybe more when or if it is finally implemented.

Let me know if you are interested and I will pass on their details

Again, still working for that same broker?

Archived